Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Dec 2022 at 3:18 AM Last edited by SIMposiast : 1st Feb 2023 at 2:21 AM.
Default Old Violet Placebo hairs-still looking for F hair mesh
***EDIT*** Male hair's mesh now FOUND. Thank you, foxmanic, for identifying the mesh!
***Still looking for female mesh and nail (as glasses, not jewelry) mesh.

So apparently Violet Placebo left in 2009 and took down all her stuff. Is there a SFS archive of her content? I googled but couldn't find one for her stuff. I also checked the Google docs database and the MTS hair gallery, but nothing matched.

I'm looking for a female hair, a male hair, and a fingernail (?) mesh. None of the ShadyLady fingernail meshes work for my Nosferatu nails recolor, which shows in the Glasses section of CAS/Bodyshop.

The package names for the female hair seem to indicate someone named Coris at SAU made it, but when I try the website in the Wayback Machine, I'm not able to see into the Downloads section. Male hair, no idea. I'm attaching the three pictures she included with the hairs in case anyone recognizes the hair meshes. I'm sorry that the male hair is not actually of a sim but it's what she included in her .rar. I drew an arrow at the sim in the group pic that might be wearing the male hair, but not sure it is a male sim.

Thanks!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 2nd Dec 2022 at 8:49 AM
The hair the arrow is pointing at looks like a blue recolour of the hair with the fringe here. https://modthesims.info/d/210606 It is a guy wearing it; he's also wearing q3tbo's ball dress.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Dec 2022 at 11:20 PM
Thanks, Charity! I'll download and give it a try with the VP recolor.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 3rd Dec 2022 at 12:26 AM
The photographed male hair could be this one?

The female hair is by Coris too (linked above) but I guess it was only available at blog.daum.net/saublog which is now dead and sadly it's one of the pages archive.org hasn't cached so while you can see it here (female hair, page 2) you can't download it. x(
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Dec 2022 at 2:11 AM
Thanks, foxmanic, that's very helpful. I have downloaded both Charity's suggestion and yours and will see if either one is the needed mesh for the male hair. Now I know that the female style is called Hwa-cho Ga-chae, I might be able to search for it under that name. Worth a shot, but if anyone else already has this mesh and could reupload it somewhere, that'd be wonderful.

Also, still looking for any hints or info about fingernail meshes other than the Shadylady nails; I've already tried those with the Nosferatu nail recolor and they don't work.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 3rd Dec 2022 at 6:28 AM
What is the Nosferatu nail recolour?
Forum Resident
#7 Old 5th Dec 2022 at 10:15 PM
I just realized that there's another hair with side braid too, Raon_Malehair4

It seems to have been pay one so you can find it at booty.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th Dec 2022 at 6:24 PM
Charity, it shows as an accessory under Glasses, AM only. I assume some kind of fingernail or maybe claw? But nothing at all shows on the hands when I spin the sim in Bodyshop to get a closer look.

Foxmanic, turns out the Myos14 hair was it, so now I only need to find someone who saved the Coris female mesh and figure out what mesh is for the Nosferatu nails.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 1st Feb 2023 at 2:20 AM
Hello, all. I'm bumping to see if anyone has any leads for downloading the female Coris hair mesh. The SAU website doesn't have any working downloads via The Wayback Machine, unfortunately, and I trawled through the months and years as best as I could.