Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sunset Valley.world with Routing Fixes applied [update 2013.01.17]

by ellacharmed Posted 11th Aug 2011 at 5:56 PM - Updated 6th Dec 2013 at 4:36 AM by ellacharmed : Terrain bleed fix

87 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 53 Feedback Posts, 33 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#51 Old 30th Aug 2013 at 10:38 AM
Thank you for this, hopefully this will help with some of the problems I was having with sunset valley.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#52 Old 28th Nov 2013 at 6:27 PM
Wonderful. Thanks for sharing.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#53 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 10:31 PM Last edited by Dynchia : 5th Dec 2013 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Click Thanks, should have click Feedback
This was Feedback not just Thanks
I just downloaded the rar's and when I tried to extract them I got an error. I double check all of the file sizes and they was correct so I tried redownloading them and the same thing has happen. One of your other world fixes as a link to an alternate download site for it and I knew you had this one there as well (I was checking the site out earlier), so I downloaded it from there via Goggle Drive, the ONE BIG file which I actually like better then the multi-part rar. Anyway, I dropping this here to let you know I had a problem with the download here.

AND THANK YOU! :D
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#54 Old 6th Dec 2013 at 4:19 AM
The multi-part files have to be downloaded one at time, or they'd be corrupted.
Field Researcher
#55 Old 15th Dec 2013 at 8:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by texasredclay
Would just like to note, that since the EADM has been changed to Orgin, some of my program files are under that instead of EA. Freaked out a little, looked like my program files were missing. : P Anyfro, thanks for doing this! Yay!! No more lagging will be awesomeness!!

I know it's an old comment, but thank you for that - confusingly for me, I have some of my EPs under Electronic Arts in program files, some under EA in program files (x86) and the bulk under Origin Games in program files (x86) - and that includes The Sims 3, but it's also under EA in program files... I would have given up if you hadn't said about Origin and caused me to look there!
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#56 Old 16th Dec 2013 at 3:54 AM
Are these Origin paths different from what has been documented in Game_Help:World_Routing_Lags/Wherewiki under Install Paths? If so, let me know what yours are and I'll add...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#57 Old 2nd Mar 2014 at 7:09 PM
merci
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#58 Old 7th Mar 2014 at 2:21 PM
Regarding Dynchia's problem - it happened to me as well, but downloading files one by one didn't help. Reading the instructions though, that did help http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...ulti-part_files
I didn't know that the files had to be renamed - once I've done it, it works perfectly.
Thanks for the great upload.
Test Subject
#59 Old 28th Mar 2014 at 5:46 PM
Thank you so much for your work in fixing routing issues.

I have one question though. What is the difference between the Routing Fixes and the Resources for the various worlds?

Thanks.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#60 Old 6th Apr 2014 at 8:53 PM
Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#61 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 2:22 PM
Thank you for this
Test Subject
#62 Old 11th May 2014 at 12:33 PM
Do you ever plan to fix the lot tearing?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#63 Old 29th May 2014 at 10:03 PM
Thank you, this works like it's charmed!
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#64 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 4:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DLSpurlock
...What is the difference between the Routing Fixes and the Resources for the various worlds?...
Here's my answer to another. I should add this into the FAQ, huh?
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharmed
"Resources" versions are when you want to incorporate (import) my world fixes to someone's edits of the worlds, so you can have all the edits to your hearts content. It is target for those of you who use one of the numerous edited world versions out there.

"World" versions are just my fixes already imported and all you need to do is to plop them in the appropriate folders.

Quote: Originally posted by BuzzSim123
Do you ever plan to fix the lot tearing?
I dunno. It might help if I know which lot you're referring to...
Scholar
THANKS POST
#65 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 4:00 PM
Thanks for all those fixes :) This must have been a lot of work trying to find those bottlenecks.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#66 Old 14th Oct 2014 at 10:10 PM Last edited by reastora : 15th Oct 2014 at 12:25 AM.
Thanks for this awsome fix. It works like a charm and I have no problems on routing (yes even sailing with my houseboat!) and no lagging etc. Cuz of ur fix I increased my graphic settings to max hhaha ((:

Btw for those who has issues about diving ports try this.. on the main menu type "testingcheatsenabled true" , after that "buydebug" and lastly, "enablelotlocking true" .. start a new game in isla paradiso.. Find the Diving lot you want to use in sunset valley. save them into library..
Now Go to main menu and enter ur save game.. Go edit town and simply place a lot into ocean 64*64 . set it dive area. place dive lot from library click ok. Now click on the lot u'll see it says "no visitors allowed". Don't change it now just click Build/Buy .. If u see the scuba bouy or the shark spawner is above water select them and move one step away then place it. U'll see this places them into their original positions (half in the sea).. Then go to edit town set the lot as dive area and lastly and most importantly LOCK the lot by using the lock icon when u select the lot.

ps: sorry for my grammer..
enjoy gaming.
Test Subject
#67 Old 21st Jan 2015 at 8:07 PM
Hello,
I'm very sorry for asking this. I've looked everywhere and can't seem to find answers.

I've been downloading the seven files one by one and later renamed them all as you suggested.
When I click and extract them everything goes fine although I still have 7 ".world" files (Should I be left with only one?).
Now when it comes to placing them.. I can't follow the path you're indicating.
I have no "GameData" anywhere. No matter where I look.
I have mac so I heard I'm supposed to follow another path : " /Applications/The Sims 3/The Sims 3.app/Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/ "
-> Still have a problem. After "The Sims 3" I get stucked. Can't find "The Sims 3.app", I only see the icone of all the games I installed and if I click on any of them it starts the launcher so that must not be it.

I'm posting here but I don't know if this is the appropriate place. Hope someone can help me find out soon.
Test Subject
#68 Old 8th Mar 2015 at 1:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LucyBorgia
I know it's an old comment, but thank you for that - confusingly for me, I have some of my EPs under Electronic Arts in program files, some under EA in program files (x86) and the bulk under Origin Games in program files (x86) - and that includes The Sims 3, but it's also under EA in program files... I would have given up if you hadn't said about Origin and caused me to look there!

Thank heavens for comments! I had the same thing happening on mine! Whew!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#69 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 9:17 AM
Thanks You!
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#70 Old 30th May 2015 at 5:16 PM
@Iloveny,
did you manage to solve your problem?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#71 Old 6th Jun 2015 at 10:05 AM
This is the world that runs with the lower lag i've played, ever. Thanks for share your work.
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#72 Old 4th Jan 2016 at 1:26 AM
Default CAW WIP files ready for those interested...
FYI... https://twitter.com/ellacharm3d/sta...655195100721152

Contact me for the link...I'm going to restrict this testing to a small group.
You'd need to be interested in
- learning Git
- learning and using CAW
& know your way around the command shell.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#73 Old 13th Mar 2016 at 6:10 PM
Hi Ella,

I know it's relatively late for one to be still playing Sims3 (With 4 being out and all), but thank-you! Because of your fix, my world runs so much better than before. I've especially made this account just to tell you.

So, what about this new testing you are doing? I'd be willing to learn Git / Caw. I have much time on my hands.

Greets,
Pandora
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#74 Old 2nd Apr 2016 at 3:48 AM
@PandoraTomorrow,
thanks for the interest. I've sent you a PM with a link to the Git repo and contact details. It'll be slow going as I'm still in saving mode to get a few more components for my Windows PC, as it went kaput after 5years of service.

So, that should give some time to learn Git more leisurely.
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 12th Dec 2016 at 8:30 PM
Thank you soooo much! Finally, Sunset Valley will run better a little bit. You made my gameplay a LOT easier Thanks!
Page 3 of 4