Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Northeney

by Norn Posted 27th Nov 2017 at 9:46 PM - Updated 16th Nov 2023 at 4:02 PM by Norn : Updated RH links (again)

174 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 104 Feedback Posts, 69 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 7
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#151 Old 15th Apr 2021 at 1:36 PM
Hey Norn, I just registered on the site to tell you this world is AMAZING, absolutely the best I've ever played in the sims 2/3/4. I play on a crappy laptop and it gives me almost zero lag, still the details are incredible. Thank you so so so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#152 Old 19th Apr 2021 at 4:08 PM
I've finally gotten to play in Northeney. May I tell you this world is simply stunning! I love watching the sunset on the dunes with my Sim. Thank you for sharing this world. I think I'll be spending many Sim generations in Northeney. I can reiterate what others have said, even though rendering takes a while, the wait is worth it. This world runs like a dream.

(The ITF issue was resolved. I test-ran the world without it, and only a couple objects ended up being replaced, mainly the ITF elevator near the science rabbithole.)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#153 Old 11th May 2021 at 12:12 AM
thanks!
Test Subject
#154 Old 1st Jun 2021 at 3:52 AM
hey, would it be possible to post a .world file instead? i'm not playing on windows, using crossover, and really unsure how to install .sims3pack files. i understand if there are any limitations that would stop you from posting one, though!
Test Subject
#155 Old 19th Sep 2021 at 11:49 PM
Anyone know where I can get the Bistro, Equestrian Center, and Resort rugs? The links are broken.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#156 Old 20th Sep 2021 at 10:12 AM
@PrincessZeda Here is a link to the simsl3gacies RH rugs: http://simsl3gacies.com/?page_id=2590
Test Subject
#157 Old 2nd Oct 2021 at 12:11 PM
I thought I'd share my rotation spreadsheet for the populated world. Obviously it is set up for how I play, but feel free to change up the info to your liking in your own copy. I don't think some of the level 1 careers are accurate (Story Progression may have placed them there as I was setting up?). Enjoy! Love this world!
Test Subject
#158 Old 25th Apr 2022 at 7:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PrincessZeda
I thought I'd share my rotation spreadsheet for the populated world. Obviously it is set up for how I play, but feel free to change up the info to your liking in your own copy. I don't think some of the level 1 careers are accurate (Story Progression may have placed them there as I was setting up?). Enjoy! Love this world!

Thanks for this. I love to play rotationally and was going to make my own spreadsheet but yours is better than any I could have made.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#159 Old 12th Sep 2022 at 9:56 PM
A really amazing World
Test Subject
#160 Old 13th Nov 2022 at 8:51 PM
I'm not sure if this was intentional or not, but both the empty and full versions of the town have extreme sliders enabled. When I load a normal EA town the sliders are removed. I'm not sure how much work it would take, but I would love to play a version of the down without the extreme sliders.
Scholar
#161 Old 15th Feb 2023 at 1:52 PM
@Norn

I'm always interested in island worlds and I really like the whole 'rough and ready' atmosphere of this place. I'm eager to explore it.

I'm also curious to know what font was used for that 'Welcome to Northerney' banner. I'm trying to design simlish posters and that one looks like it would suit perfectly.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#162 Old 17th Feb 2023 at 9:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Elynda

I'm also curious to know what font was used for that 'Welcome to Northerney' banner. I'm trying to design simlish posters and that one looks like it would suit perfectly.

I'm sorry, I don't have those files anymore so I can't check. And as I had to reinstall my PC in the meantime, I can't check which ones I had installed at that time, I'm sorry I remember I had some by Franzilla (here on MTS), also some by Asha (https://ajaysims.tumblr.com/) and some from here: https://chere-indolente.tumblr.com/...et-of-4-simlish . @Elynda
Scholar
#163 Old 18th Feb 2023 at 12:01 AM
Well, thanks anyway. And those you linked to look worth trying out.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Test Subject
#164 Old 18th Feb 2023 at 6:30 PM
I want to download this world (Because it looks absolutely lovely!). However, I need to ask: How important are the Showtime and Into The Future expansions? I have every expansion except those two.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#165 Old 19th Feb 2023 at 9:02 AM
@areeta9 I can't say for sure, I'm sorry. It should work ok, with the occasional missing or replaced item. I don't remember if I used doors or arches from those expansions, so you might encounter some routing issues in case doors are missing. The stage will be missing but that shouldn't let you stop from anything.

@blazinga I think we discussed this on the Creator Caves discord already. Just in case, I'll copy/paste the reply here, too. The MC settings for Slider Multiple (Body) & Slider Multiple (Face) are set to x3, with x1 being the default value. The slider offset value is still at its default value of 0. There are no custom sliders packed with the world or the save.
That increased range was required to have the Sims in the save look as they do.
So if that is too extreme for your liking, please use NRAAS Master Controller to set the value for Slider Multiple (Body) & Slider Multiple (Face) to 1 again.
Test Subject
#166 Old 11th Aug 2023 at 2:18 PM
the world looks truly amazing.im very new when it comes to installing things, so im a bit confused where should i save the world or put it? (sorry for my english is not very good)
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#167 Old 11th Aug 2023 at 2:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kailiebtsims3
the world looks truly amazing.im very new when it comes to installing things, so im a bit confused where should i save the world or put it? (sorry for my english is not very good)

There is a detailed description on the download page! You can find it when you click on the button "Show/Hide information about the save and population". Just scroll down a bit.
Test Subject
#168 Old 11th Aug 2023 at 6:00 PM
oh sorry i didnt see that thank you very much!!
Test Subject
#169 Old 27th Aug 2023 at 6:50 PM
I really enjoy playing this world, it is fantastic.
However, I encountered an issue. I wanted to enter the future through the portal and got to the loading screen. It almost reached the end of the loading bar, but it never loaded up Oasis Landing, no matter how often I tried. Is there any explanation for this "bug" or do you know why this happens?
Nevertheless great work and thank you in advance!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#170 Old 28th Aug 2023 at 8:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jome
I really enjoy playing this world, it is fantastic.
However, I encountered an issue. I wanted to enter the future through the portal and got to the loading screen. It almost reached the end of the loading bar, but it never loaded up Oasis Landing, no matter how often I tried. Is there any explanation for this "bug" or do you know why this happens?
Nevertheless great work and thank you in advance!

Hi there, I wouldn't know why that would happen. I read that this is a common bug when travelling to EA sub-hoods like future or vacation worlds. My recommendation is to install NRAAS Traveler which fixes the borked EA travel interaction (and offers a lot of cool additional features).
Lab Assistant
#171 Old 31st Aug 2023 at 6:48 PM
This looks so nice, it makes me think of Danmark. Thank you for sharing.
Test Subject
#172 Old 1st Sep 2023 at 7:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Norn
Hi there, I wouldn't know why that would happen. I read that this is a common bug when travelling to EA sub-hoods like future or vacation worlds. My recommendation is to install NRAAS Traveler which fixes the borked EA travel interaction (and offers a lot of cool additional features).

Hello, thank you for the recommendation, it worked!! Didn't know The Sims could be THIS buggy :D
Test Subject
#173 Old 16th Nov 2023 at 3:24 PM
Unfortunately, the links to Misty’s rabbithole rugs no longer work. Anyone knows of an alternative way to get them?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#174 Old 16th Nov 2023 at 4:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nideila
Unfortunately, the links to Misty’s rabbithole rugs no longer work. Anyone knows of an alternative way to get them?

Hi, thank you for alerting me! I replaced the links on the DL page with working ones. Enjoy!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#175 Old 6th Feb 2024 at 12:03 PM
I'd like to vacation here IRL
Page 7 of 7