Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Harborview [no cc] [Update 1.3 October 23rd, 2022]

by orkahm Posted 28th Oct 2020 at 4:00 PM - Updated 25th Oct 2022 at 4:34 PM by orkahm : New Update/fixes

58 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 37 Feedback Posts, 20 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Test Subject
#26 Old 22nd Nov 2020 at 8:53 PM
Hi, I´m loving the town, buildings are amazing! I have played a few families so far, just wanted to let you know that Santiago and Haverford are all missing bio descriptions. Of course I can make some up, but out of curiosity, in which direction did you intend for these families to go? Also I´m happy to report that I have sorted out difficulties in Connery family. Let´s just say that the whole town is feeling sorry for a poor grieving widow with two kids who totally did not cheer when her husband died in a very very unfortunate accident...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#27 Old 23rd Nov 2020 at 2:10 PM
Hi Orkahm, I'm absolutely enarmoured with your neighbourhood and the families you've created! Thank you so much for all your work!!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#28 Old 28th Nov 2020 at 4:58 PM
Thank you
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 3rd Dec 2020 at 7:24 AM Last edited by RockStarDrunk : 3rd Dec 2020 at 2:25 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Ovenhole
Thanks!

@littleEgg, if you want to fix it for yourself, here's how:
You open the character file for each playable sim, go to "Catalog Description" and select "Copy string to all" for the first and third line. (Second line is the biography, which should already show up correct.) Commit and save. Repeat for each sim.

If you don't feel comfortable enough with SimPE to do that, I can PM you the correct names for the sims and you can edit them ingame with SimBlender.

I'd like the list of names. I've done everything I can think of short of changing the names via SimBlender.

Edit: I checked the language of my EPs/SPs in the Registry following this tutorial . They were mixed between US and UK spelling. Fixed that, redownloaded the hood and the names are correct!
Field Researcher
#30 Old 19th Dec 2020 at 8:31 PM Last edited by wowrosanna : 19th Dec 2020 at 9:19 PM.
The names are not correct for me. In the Haverford lot I have the male as Keira Louie, the female as Roberto Jalow, the toddler as Tracy Sartor, and the dog as Chloe Haverford. The other lots are messed up also. Any suggestions? I don't mind changing them if I knew what they all were suppose to be...may a list of names would be great> Thanks. I am anxious to play this hood.

Edited to Add: I did the above mentioned tutorial and the hood has been redownloaded and reinstalled, the game is loading right now so I will see if it worked.

Edited again to say that it did not work for me. I still have the "bad" names. I need a list of the residents to make the change.
Test Subject
#31 Old 3rd Jan 2021 at 8:51 PM Last edited by SomethingSomething : 3rd Jan 2021 at 9:02 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by orkahm
This is the first time I heard about this problem, is anyone else having this problem? If yes, then I'll look into the files and fix it, if no, your game or computer might have problem that requires you to reinstall it.

I'm having the same issues. at first, I thought it was mods causing problems so I removed all the custom content and hacks from my downloads folder but my sims still reset when trying to interact with the alien Exploratory Drone. I had a crash too when I went to the bowling alley via car.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#32 Old 19th Feb 2021 at 4:28 AM
Amazing work. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#33 Old 29th Mar 2021 at 3:34 AM
It's been awhile since I saw a new neighborhood kicking around! Yay!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#34 Old 29th Mar 2021 at 3:35 AM
It's been awhile since I saw a new neighborhood kicking around! Yay!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#35 Old 13th Aug 2021 at 11:31 PM
Yes, Exploratory Drone is bugged, but I play an alien-free game so I was going to kill him anyway. I have yet to check out most of the community lots but the households are very playable once you've rearranged the bathrooms and given the apartments an extra kitchen counter.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#36 Old 15th May 2022 at 11:32 PM
Hey guys, just wanted to let those who commented know that I have now updated the Harborview neighborhood. Apologies for the 2 year delay.
Test Subject
#37 Old 16th May 2022 at 11:38 PM
I downloaded these neighborhoods after the update and it doesn't work, it won't find me in my menu.
Test Subject
#38 Old 17th May 2022 at 6:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrejUruba
I downloaded these neighborhoods after the update and it doesn't work, it won't find me in my menu.

That's because the name is unfortunately still too long for it to appear in game. It can only happen if you replace the "ORK02" part in both the folder and every file in it where it appears with a combination of four digits like "ORK0" or "ORK2",
Test Subject
#39 Old 17th May 2022 at 4:10 PM
You still have to try to fix it to make it okay.
Test Subject
#40 Old 17th May 2022 at 4:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nentarisims
That's because the name is unfortunately still too long for it to appear in game. It can only happen if you replace the "ORK02" part in both the folder and every file in it where it appears with a combination of four digits like "ORK0" or "ORK2",

do i have to change it in EVERY file, including the household and lot ones?
Test Subject
#41 Old 17th May 2022 at 9:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fivesosimple
do i have to change it in EVERY file, including the household and lot ones?

Some people can play hoods with longer names perfectly, so no need to change if that's working well for you (as AndrejUruba says, there might be other issues to be fixed), but I know of people who have had issues with the names, which is why I thought this would be the problem. If you end up changing the folder's name, then every file that has "ORK02" in its name needs to be changed, I'm afraid. ORK02_Lot1 becomes ORK2_Lot1, and so on.
Test Subject
#42 Old 18th May 2022 at 6:41 PM
I'm sorry, but it still doesn't work and you have to fix it and change the names so that there can only be four letters or a number, it's your job and duty, so try and I'd like to see your neighborhood.
Mad Poster
#43 Old 22nd May 2022 at 12:13 AM
Has promise, but guess there are still issues. Will be watching for updates/more info.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Test Subject
#44 Old 24th May 2022 at 4:30 PM
yeah i have the same problem, i can see the harborview when i try to create a custom neighbourhood, but just the terrain obviously, so do I have to rename it all?

EDIT: didnt work
Test Subject
Original Poster
#45 Old 25th May 2022 at 6:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrejUruba
You still have to try to fix it to make it okay.

just saw this, thanks for letting me know, this is the first time I've seen an issue with the name
Test Subject
Original Poster
#46 Old 25th May 2022 at 7:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Has promise, but guess there are still issues. Will be watching for updates/more info.

Hi, I saw that there was an issue with the recent update, I didn't expect for there to be such an error during the renaming process, I renamed the file and recompressed it. The update is coming out today in a few minutes
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#47 Old 27th May 2022 at 2:01 PM
I'm really sorry, It still doesn't show up in my hood view, despite the rename...
Test Subject
#48 Old 28th May 2022 at 5:10 PM
It's another single problem, it doesn't appear in my neighborhood menu, I still don't see anything there, so it's a problem again and it's renamed.
Test Subject
#49 Old 29th May 2022 at 9:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by orkahm
Hi, I saw that there was an issue with the recent update, I didn't expect for there to be such an error during the renaming process, I renamed the file and recompressed it. The update is coming out today in a few minutes

I suggested the rename because that's usually the issue when people can't access the hood, but from what AndrejUruba and others have said there seems to be something else. Does anyone else have any insight into what the actual problem might be and how to fix it?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#50 Old 30th May 2022 at 6:02 PM
This neighborhood looks wonderful! Thanks so much for uploading it!
Page 2 of 3