Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

'Sand Simolean Point' A Neighborhood Designed for Beach Lots

by Phaenoh Posted 21st Sep 2007 at 2:00 PM - Updated 7th Sep 2011 at 8:02 PM by Phaenoh

129 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 118 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 6
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 9:13 PM
Very nice neighborhood, Phaenoh.

We have a Sand Point here in Seattle. I love having that hood for my simmies! You don't happen to be from the Northwest USA do you? Maritime communities rock--anywhere in the world. Downloaded and ready to play.

Michele
Test Subject
#27 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 9:29 PM
This is awesome I've downloaded lots of beachy type lots and haven't been able to use them. So now i can thanx to you. yay!
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#28 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 9:38 PM
Nope, I'm from smack dab in the middle. My family travels alot so I've atleast seen the ocean (Atlantic only sorrys!) I was vaguely basing the idea off of a couple of towns we drove though on a trip to Myrtle Beach and another trip to Rockport, Mass. The name was as generic as I could come up with, and then simified (Dollar/Simolean).
Inventor
#29 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 10:10 PM
Lovely work, I have been looking for a nice sub neighbourhood and think this one might just be a perfet blend of what I am after. Thanks.

*♥.¸Here we go again .♥*
Instructor
#30 Old 22nd Sep 2007 at 1:28 AM
One of the things I love about your creations is the fact that it's obvious from your commentary that you really work hard on them, and try to perfect every detail. This one is no exception, and it passes all of my qualifications for downloading a terrain, plus I've been looking for beach lot-suitable ones for when I install BV. Nabbing it immediately!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#31 Old 22nd Sep 2007 at 2:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by akatonbo
One of the things I love about your creations is the fact that it's obvious from your commentary that you really work hard on them, and try to perfect every detail. This one is no exception, and it passes all of my qualifications for downloading a terrain, plus I've been looking for beach lot-suitable ones for when I install BV. Nabbing it immediately!
Thank you, I appreciate the compliment!
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 22nd Sep 2007 at 5:43 AM
Wow! It's like you knew exactly what I was looking for, except it's better than I envisioned. Thank you so much for the hard work and time you put into this, I really appreciate it and I love this new hood.
Inventor
#33 Old 22nd Sep 2007 at 11:14 AM
Thank you for this beautifull neighborhood. I've installed it yesterday and was very pleased to find it will place all the beachlots I created myself. I just downloaded all your Nana starterhomes and will make good use of them in this neighborhood.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 22nd Sep 2007 at 12:31 PM
First of it's exactly what I've been wanting. Thanks so much! Secondly - do I put the files in the SC4Terrains folder in My Documents? I'm not too familiar with downloading neighbourhoods.

If nothing can go wrong, something will.
Test Subject
#35 Old 22nd Sep 2007 at 2:46 PM
Fantastic!! Thank you so much for making this! I love the new beach lots and cannot get enough of them.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#36 Old 22nd Sep 2007 at 5:04 PM
I've posted my starter lots, if anyone was interested in getting them. They are call the -Nana Series- (after all the silly Nana Trees in the yards!)
Field Researcher
#37 Old 22nd Sep 2007 at 7:01 PM
I have been looking for something just like this....I tried messing around in SC4 and eventually gave up, I know how long this must have took

Mene Sakkhet Urseveh
Live Long, and Prosper
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 22nd Sep 2007 at 7:40 PM
This looks very good!
I wanted to give you a little tip I learned while making my own templates. When ingame (Simcity that is) and you click ctrl+alt+c, yellow lines will show alongside the different terrain levels, making it much easier to straighten out beaches and see differences in levels.

I learned this by mistake - as you can tell I was trying to find a money cheat
retired moderator
Original Poster
#39 Old 22nd Sep 2007 at 7:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Paradise
This looks very good!
I wanted to give you a little tip I learned while making my own templates. When ingame (Simcity that is) and you click ctrl+alt+c, yellow lines will show alongside the different terrain levels, making it much easier to straighten out beaches and see differences in levels.
This is going to be AMAZINGLY helpful... I'm currently working on another hood with beach lots. I know I said I wasn't gonna, but then the mood struck and what can you do?
Test Subject
#40 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 9:47 PM
What a cute beach 'hood, Phaenoh, great job! I think I'll keep my pencils for my own use, after seeing this
Test Subject
#41 Old 25th Sep 2007 at 8:15 PM
Thank you...very nice hood for my families that want to live on the beach... appreciate all the hard work you put into it...

Cynthia
Field Researcher
#42 Old 10th Oct 2007 at 10:42 PM
Yes! Now I can start my Beach Kingdom! Or I could make it like a mini Laguna Beach and put a bunch of teenagers having love triangles all the time... The possibilities are endless!
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 16th Oct 2007 at 10:49 PM
Hey, I just downloaded this neighborhood and your whole series of little starter homes for it. I have this plan in mind to take a tiny neighborhood with only starters and slowly build it up (without money cheats) so that in the end it's these really lavish rich homes but still on the original tiny little lots. Okay, I don't know if that really makes sense, but believe me it's cool in my head! I think your terrain and lots will fit the bill perfectly... thanks!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#44 Old 16th Oct 2007 at 11:24 PM
That does sound really sweet. Personally I hate the money code (though there are times I'm glad its an option). Good luck to you!
Test Subject
#45 Old 20th Oct 2007 at 5:20 PM
This looks great...I've been looking for more places to build beach homes. I've never downloaded neighborhoods before so this is a first! Thank you again for all your hard work and sharing!
Test Subject
#46 Old 20th Oct 2007 at 5:45 PM
thank you so much for your hard work in this series, i have just finished downloading all of your starter home Nana Series, and i am now downloading this neighborhood. i love it especially since it is perfect for a beach home. again....thanks alot!!

I had a life...but the Sims 2 ate it
Test Subject
#47 Old 21st Oct 2007 at 4:38 AM
I love it soo much!! Thank You!!
X.x.X Tamabec

X.x.XX.x.XX.x.XX.x.XX.x.XX.x.XX.x.XX.x.XX.x.X
Why Put A New Address On The Same Old Lonliness?
X.x.XX.x.XX.x.XX.x.XX.x.XX.x.XX.x.XX.x.XX.x.X
Field Researcher
#48 Old 1st Nov 2007 at 12:30 AM
This is one awesome 'hood! You put a lot of work into it and it shows. Thank you for creating it.
Fluffy
retired moderator
#49 Old 1st Dec 2007 at 4:01 PM
this NH would be perfect for the little meditteranean village i have planned.
Thank you! Great work.
Instructor
#50 Old 1st Dec 2007 at 11:59 PM
Looks great!! and u have inspired me to make my own neighborhood with lots im makeing it right now! and should be on teh site within and month!!!!
Page 2 of 6