Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The SEP (Slot Enable Package) v. 1.2 *UPD 19may08*

by Numenor Posted 28th Mar 2006 at 10:51 PM - Updated 19th May 2008 at 1:18 AM by Numenor : Updated to "Kitchen & Bath" SP

406 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 383 Feedback Posts, 22 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 17
Banned
#26 Old 29th Mar 2006 at 12:22 AM
Will the SEP for islands, by any chance, have anything to do with islands making a corner peice just like counters?
Field Researcher
#27 Old 29th Mar 2006 at 12:23 AM
Wow Numenor, you've done it again! What would we do without you? I agree with IceFox, Maxis should be begging you to come work for them.

For a species that claims to be intellectually superior to all other life forms, humans do some stupid things.
Test Subject
#28 Old 29th Mar 2006 at 12:28 AM
Can the objects in the corners be used by kids too? Just wondering.....

This is a great idea, I can't wait to try it in my game!

Karen
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 29th Mar 2006 at 12:33 AM
finally. I've been waiting for this since Sims 1! Who do you work for? It obviously isn't EA or you would have fixed everything before it was released.

rsn
"The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin."
– Mark Twain
Test Subject
#30 Old 29th Mar 2006 at 12:33 AM
you make some great things! im soooo speechless! im going 2 wait and see how it works on everybody elses computers, but keep up the good work!
Field Researcher
#31 Old 29th Mar 2006 at 12:33 AM
Yay! No more using cheats to turn objects around!

i'm not mean
you're just stupid
http://reronaville.myminicity.com/
Test Subject
#32 Old 29th Mar 2006 at 12:33 AM
Wow, this is nice. I'll download it when there's less of a chance of encountering a bug, but it is definitely something I'll add to my game. It'll make everything so much more realistic.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 29th Mar 2006 at 12:38 AM
Yes! you Truely amazing! This will be so helpful, can't wait to see this for other surfaces.

Sometimes the things you think you want the most turn out be those you need the least.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 29th Mar 2006 at 12:41 AM
You sir, are a genius.
Test Subject
#35 Old 29th Mar 2006 at 12:44 AM
A HUGE BONUS: When downloading form Numenor I have no doubts about it's working ability. Thanks much.

Need HIM stuff? Lyrics? Tour Dates? Pictures? I have so much to share! http://vetala.org
Test Subject
#36 Old 29th Mar 2006 at 12:51 AM
The things you make bring tears of joy to my eyes. Thank you for sharing your brilliance with us, Numenor!

"Probably the saddest thing you'll ever see is a mosquito sucking on a mummy... forget it little friend" - Jack Handy

Visit my blog: http://uneffnbelievable.blogspot.com/
Forum Resident
#37 Old 29th Mar 2006 at 12:54 AM
You are awesome!!! Thank you!
Numenor, this is just amazing! :jaw: Is there anything you can't do? Great job, and thank you very much! :clap: This will be very useful indeed! :nod:
Field Researcher
#38 Old 29th Mar 2006 at 1:00 AM
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!

That was always one of the things that irritated me about the counters! I never understood why the corners could not be used and why Maxis never corrected this!!!

Great job!!!! :D
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#39 Old 29th Mar 2006 at 1:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Goldyn Chyld
Fantastic! I can't wait until you guys figure out a way for us to place more objects on other surfaces. (tables of all sorts)

*That* was the main purpose of the SEP, actually. I've started with the counters, because I felt that people needed it more. But those "coffee tables" that actually can hold *one little cup* at a time really drive me mad... The coffee tables will be ne next module of the SEP

Quote: Originally posted by jbloom
It seems that the corner that is accessible is on the "inside" of the angle. Does this mean a sim has to be on the inside to pick up an item there, or can the sim be on the outside? For example in the pics there is a sim at a cash register on the inside with a customer sim on the outside -- would the customer sim be able to interact with objects from that position?

Also, how does this work with your "more" or "less" stocked shevles mod

The objects are accessible only from the inner angle; the customers, from the outer angle, are not interacting with the cash register, but with the cashier.
This is a limit that I can't surpass without heavily modifying the counters, becasue only one "route" (i.e. only one interaction position) was included in most corner counters.
My "More" and "Less" hacks are not related in any way to the SEP: the SEP affects counters, not OFB shelves; you can place only *one* object on the corners (unless you use the Magisplay display).

Quote: Originally posted by Pokeylope
Will the SEP for islands, by any chance, have anything to do with islands making a corner peice just like counters?

The SEP doesn't modify the way counters and islands connect each other; islands can create corners only in Nightlife and OFB, and I can't fix this with the SEP (maybe with a different hack... )

Quote: Originally posted by karenh3
Can the objects in the corners be used by kids too? Just wondering

Sure! Kids use the stool as usual to get to the objects (obviously, the object must be usable by children).

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Scholar
#40 Old 29th Mar 2006 at 1:07 AM
Brilliant, Numenor! Thank you!

♦ Animal Lover, Eco Friendly, Loner, Perfectionist, Vegetarian ♦

Sensitivity is strength.
Test Subject
#41 Old 29th Mar 2006 at 1:14 AM
I completely agree with the guy who told you to get a job at Maxis. You are a beautiful, beautiful man.
Test Subject
#42 Old 29th Mar 2006 at 1:15 AM
Default just curious
with all the wonderful things you do, when is Maxis and/or EA going to offer you a job?

this is fabulous
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 29th Mar 2006 at 1:28 AM
He's too good for silly old Maxis.

Although being a maxoid would be incredibly cool. ;D

Excellent, completely excellent.

x3
Test Subject
#44 Old 29th Mar 2006 at 1:44 AM
No Numenor please dont get a job at maxis!!!
We all would die if we alweays had to wait 6 months or longer for your new creations(i rather wait 2 weeks after a new EP is out, until you made everything compatible )
Top Secret Researcher
#45 Old 29th Mar 2006 at 1:45 AM
You are our best modder and object maker out here!! Thank you for this excellent mod and thanks for everything you have made. I just love how you make our games so much better to play!!
Maxis should hire you but then we would miss you so mucccchhhhhhh. Thanks.
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 29th Mar 2006 at 1:51 AM
i think what i love most about your mods is that you dont just say: "here's a hack, use it," but actually take the time to explain the mechanics behind it in a way that's understandable and not too technical (for us laymen) but that's also not condescending, the way some creators are when it comes to describing their creations to the masses.

in short, your uploads make me all warm and fuzzy inside. :lovestruc

edit: yeah, no. dont go to maxis. we appreciate you more.
Test Subject
#47 Old 29th Mar 2006 at 1:59 AM
Thank you very much!
A Sinful Sim
retired moderator
#48 Old 29th Mar 2006 at 2:13 AM
If someone clones a counter (or any other future object/modual) with the SEP installed will the person downloading the counter need the SEP installed? I guess basically I'm asking is does this "work" the same way as the CEP where you need the CEP installed to see the recolor. Will counters created with the SEP still have Maxis' orginal slots for those who don't have the SEP installed?

Adult Downloads Can Be Found On MTS2's Adult Site!!!
Scholar
#49 Old 29th Mar 2006 at 2:17 AM
This is problably the best mod ever Thanks a whole bunch.
Field Researcher
#50 Old 29th Mar 2006 at 2:33 AM
Once again, we can understad why Rome conquered the entire western world and effectively goverened it for almost a thousand years ..... There were people like our own beloved Numernor back then. And I am GLAD you are not working for Maxis .... they would find a way to kill your enthusiasm and warp your creativity. Thank you so much, you are one of the reasons I come to this site every day. Thank you.
Page 2 of 17