Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Ladder with custom animations

by marvine Posted 27th Jul 2007 at 5:43 PM

236 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 198 Feedback Posts, 37 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 10
Forum Resident
#51 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 12:53 AM
Wow... Now we're getting all kinds of animations. And good ones!
Top Secret Researcher
#52 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 1:02 AM
Fantastic!!!!! I can't tell you how much I have wanted a 'real' ladder for my many homes. Thank you for making this, sharing it and so generously allowing us to share it in our lots.

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
Test Subject
#53 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 2:07 AM
These are the best animations that I have seen in the game. Top notch. Well done. Now if only the darn server would just let me download these again after I accidentally deleted them then we would be in good shape...

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you
Fix You-Coldplay X&Y
Mad Poster
#54 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 2:43 AM
nifty! I always wanted one!

"When life gives you lemons, see the lemons, feels the lemons, BE THE LEMONS!"

Take a look-see, hmm...? Go on, click them:
The Super Mario Project, Nintendorks Island-Celebrating 2 Years Online!
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 3:40 AM
Nice work mate! I mean, this is just awesome!!
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#56 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 3:56 AM
WoW! Thats absolutely astounding Marvine =D I give thanks to the god of gaming that there are bright, motivated and clever people like yourself giving their own free time and making items for us in this game =)

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 4:32 AM
Cool beans! Thanks man!. :D

I'm happy because there's a Sim of Sandrine Holt for The Sims 2.
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 4:33 AM
Unbelievable, perfect for homes with a Little House On the Prairie theme.

Chicken Scratch
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#59 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 4:41 AM
Wonderful! My sims have been running up and down ladders all day. I just love to watch the animation. Thank you so much for being so generous and giving to the community.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 4:44 AM
OMG OMG OMG *huggles marvine until pried off*
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 5:09 AM
You are so amazing. I love your work. Thank you so much for sharing!
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 5:12 AM
AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! *drops Dead*
Do you think you could make animations for the spiral stairs too! That would be awesome!

Xanga? Then go here
www.xanga.com/give_speak_want_dude

YOU can learn all about me!
Test Subject
#63 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 5:40 AM
Oh wow... these are awesome! I've been waiting and wishing for animated ladders since, well forever! Didn't ever expect to see them, thanks so much!
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 6:42 AM
Holy Moly Marvin!!

I've been waiting for this soo long!! Thank you for making it possible! I mean the animations!! You are greeeeat!!!!! :D:D:D

Lots and Houses - I can build a lot the way you want! Send me a request!
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 8:30 AM
Thanks for sharing these with us ! Great work!
Instructor
Original Poster
#66 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 9:17 AM
Again, thank you all

Of course I've been thinking about bunk beds and spiral stairs, but for the latter I'm meeting an issue with the whole body rotation when it's not perfectly centered on the bottom landing tile: it spins wildly around the root_rot at different points, and the issue remains when editing the rotation manually in SimPE. Now if anybody with some hindsight about animations was willing to experiment and try to understand the problem, maybe we'd be able to work it out.
Now, if I figure out how to make bunk beds for a start, the rest should be doable - not easy, but doable; it would still need new animations.

What I'm hoping is that other people will give a try at custom animations; ok, this was a lot of work but I'm entirely new at objects modding and animations: this should give you an idea about how user-friendly Wes's Animesh plugin is! There is still a lot to discover, but I believe that with the creativity shown in this community, and if real modders take an interest in this, the sky is the limit

Marvine and Beosboxboy at InSIMenator.net and Gay Sims Club 2
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 10:53 AM
amazing! Thank you so much!!!:p
Field Researcher
#68 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 12:22 PM
They are so well done and beautiful! And YES bunkbeds would be absolutely fabulous. I use the old Grand Trianon set a lot, but its a bit posh for those houses that need them. Simple wood/metal is the way to go! And preferrably no mirrors, lol.
Did I say the textures on the new ladder look absolutely awesome?
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 1:25 PM Last edited by Canoodle : 28th Jul 2007 at 4:29 PM. Reason: not relevent
These are great!

100% NO LAG ALL HIGHEST SETTINGS!!

2.66 GHz AMD Phenom II x4 910 processor
ATI Radeon hd 4850 1GB
8 GB RAM
1 Terabyte hard drive
Vista 64

Ultra is ultra now, finally!!
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 2:22 PM
Sweet mother of sims! Thank you so much!

If nothing can go wrong, something will.
Test Subject
#71 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 2:27 PM
Oh, wow, these are awesome! Thank you so much!

-kef
Test Subject
#72 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 2:47 PM Last edited by Canoodle : 28th Jul 2007 at 5:30 PM. Reason: is a thanks post
These are amazing! Thank you so much! They'll be great for lofts
Test Subject
#73 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 4:41 PM
OMG, thanks! That is awsome. I can't wait to try it out. So what if the hands sink in. Sometimes it looks like the sims are killing their pets anyway. Heh. Thank you!!!!
Test Subject
#74 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 5:19 PM
Your talent and creativity never ceases to amaze me. First Boobies then this.
Thank you for sharing your wonderful creations with us.
Field Researcher
#75 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 9:13 PM
Brilliant!!!
Page 3 of 10