Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Automatic Beards V4.5

by flerb Posted 7th Aug 2019 at 12:03 PM - Updated 13th Jun 2020 at 8:26 AM by flerb

272 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 191 Feedback Posts, 80 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 11
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 7th Aug 2019 at 12:25 PM
I KNEW that there was sth. missing!!! Thank you 4 that great idea/ mod!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 7th Aug 2019 at 12:52 PM
Thanks it is a cool mod
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 7th Aug 2019 at 12:57 PM
Really cool idea! But does this mean townies will get beards growing out of control? Similar mods like acne and sunburn tend to break into epidemics with noncontrollable sims...
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 7th Aug 2019 at 2:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by falcophoenix
Really cool idea! But does this mean townies will get beards growing out of control? Similar mods like acne and sunburn tend to break into epidemics with noncontrollable sims...

I was using the Patreon version of this mod, and no... townies will not get beards. You have to activate the option via the sink for single sim...

I had a problem with this and vampires though, when activated for a vampire, the beard could not be shaved.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 7th Aug 2019 at 2:43 PM
THIS IS SO COOL!!!! :o
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 7th Aug 2019 at 5:45 PM
This is such a cool feature to have. One of my fave features in the Witcher that I didn't think about how cool it would be to have in the sims too Thank you!
MTS2 Hot Pepper
THANKS POST
#8 Old 7th Aug 2019 at 7:39 PM
Cool But I can see just one download has been made. strange
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 7th Aug 2019 at 9:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zer0_
I was using the Patreon version of this mod, and no... townies will not get beards. You have to activate the option via the sink for single sim...

I had a problem with this and vampires though, when activated for a vampire, the beard could not be shaved.

really? I will look into that.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 7th Aug 2019 at 9:13 PM
Default Awesome!
Really cool. I use mods that make my Sims more realistic. And this was always a missing piece. Necrodog created something like this but it doesn't work anymore. Thank you so much for this!!!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 7th Aug 2019 at 10:06 PM
Default Thank You
But this image make me

Field Researcher
#12 Old 8th Aug 2019 at 12:19 AM
We can finally have a good Witcher 3 Geralt of Rivia in the Sims.

Username: Centerman
in The Sims 4 Gallery
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 8th Aug 2019 at 12:46 AM
This Is Revolutionary!!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 8th Aug 2019 at 12:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by novalpangestik
But this image make me

lady sims ought to be careful about drinking Beard Growth Tonic
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#15 Old 8th Aug 2019 at 1:11 AM
This looks interesting. I can't wait to try it out. Thank you for sharing this great mod!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 8th Aug 2019 at 1:15 AM
This is something I have to try.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 8th Aug 2019 at 2:45 AM
one word. *inhales* yassssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Instructor
THANKS POST
#18 Old 8th Aug 2019 at 3:06 AM
This is genius! Thank you for not making it default for all Sims also - that could get out of hand! :D
Test Subject
#19 Old 8th Aug 2019 at 9:46 AM
I cannot convey my delight with words
One question though: if I were to switch households after activating the beard growth on a sim, will that beard still grow in my absence and will he automatically shave it then sometime?)) or it will have to be only user-directed?
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 8th Aug 2019 at 10:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by flerb
really? I will look into that.

Yeah, still happening.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#21 Old 8th Aug 2019 at 4:28 PM
Just WOWOWWWWW ;)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 8th Aug 2019 at 5:04 PM
Thank you, I've been wanting this for a while now
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 8th Aug 2019 at 7:21 PM
You `re incredible! Thank you very much for your work!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 8th Aug 2019 at 8:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by August_Sun
I cannot convey my delight with words
One question though: if I were to switch households after activating the beard growth on a sim, will that beard still grow in my absence and will he automatically shave it then sometime?)) or it will have to be only user-directed?

It will continue to grow I believe. I'm looking into how to handle those situations, kind of how bladder, energy, hunger etc reset themselves for NPCs or your sims at work. There's a whole mechanism that exists I just don't quite understand it without some testing.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 8th Aug 2019 at 8:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zer0_
Yeah, still happening.

So there's two philosophies here, should vampires be able to grow beards at all? I think that they'd exist in a state of permanence as they don't age. Not sure if i've ever seen a vampire with facial hair in movies etc either. But then they have their normal human disguise...

either way it's like a 2 minute fix.
Page 1 of 11