Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Automatic Beards V4.5

by flerb Posted 7th Aug 2019 at 12:03 PM - Updated 13th Jun 2020 at 8:26 AM by flerb

272 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 191 Feedback Posts, 80 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 10 of 11
Test Subject
#226 Old 17th Nov 2020 at 5:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MaiaMadness
Does this need updating for Snowy Escape?

Don't think so. I tested, and it's working without any issues.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#227 Old 22nd Nov 2020 at 9:38 AM
Beards are disappearing when I travel from one lot to another after the EP Snowy Escape. Am I the only one experiencing this?
Test Subject
#228 Old 24th Nov 2020 at 3:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nintai
Beards are disappearing when I travel from one lot to another after the EP Snowy Escape. Am I the only one experiencing this?

Same here. Came looking for answers ...
Field Researcher
#229 Old 25th Nov 2020 at 6:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MichaelJordan
Same here. Came looking for answers ...

Thanks for replying. Whoever tested this may have jumped the gun. Looks like we will have to wait for an update.

Come to the dark side. We have cookies.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#230 Old 13th Dec 2020 at 4:57 AM
The disappearing beard used to happen in an early unreleased version of the mod. Looks like it's back. CAS items attached to buffs vanish when the buff vanishes and sims get "cleaned" sometimes when traveling. I have a kind of reset that should trigger, guess it stopped triggering. I'll look into it tomorrow.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#231 Old 15th Dec 2020 at 3:53 AM
So I've done some testing today and everything is still working fine for me with automatic beards. They keep beards when traveling, growth works, trimming, and shaving. I've had a few people report issues, but can't replicate any of the issues. I'm not sure what the cause could be other than conflicting mods. If you're having issues still let me know and maybe we can narrow down some details.
Test Subject
#232 Old 16th Dec 2020 at 12:11 PM
Excuse me, will this mod be updated sometime? I really would love to be able to use it but it has some bugs that prevent you from enjoying the gameplay.
We would appreciate it very much ♥ this mod really gives a lot of realism to the game especially to male sims.
Field Researcher
#233 Old 17th Dec 2020 at 1:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by flerb
So I've done some testing today and everything is still working fine for me with automatic beards. They keep beards when traveling, growth works, trimming, and shaving. I've had a few people report issues, but can't replicate any of the issues. I'm not sure what the cause could be other than conflicting mods. If you're having issues still let me know and maybe we can narrow down some details.

This must be some kind of conflict occurring due to the latest EP. I have far too many mods to figure this out. Perhaps someone with less mods could find the conflict and post the mod here? My mods folder is 39GB. I have a hard time updating everything every new pack and it would be like a needle in a haystack to find a conflict.

Thank you flerb for attempting to update the mod for us. Sorry to have wasted your time on a mod that is not broken.

Come to the dark side. We have cookies.
Test Subject
#234 Old 22nd Dec 2020 at 6:19 PM
Bugs with mod
Hello, this mod is amazing and gives the game more realism. Unfortunately, it is a bit buggy for me. When getting to the 5th beard stage, all of my Sims become red/white/black. Not only the beard but the whole sim is messed up. I don't use any other mods. Does anyone know what causes this problem?
Test Subject
#235 Old 6th Jan 2021 at 9:31 PM
Default it is not working on the current version, I have the xml injector v4 installed
it is not working on the current version, I have the xml injector v4 installed
Quote: Originally posted by flerb
It still is working for me. Are you sure you still have the XML injector?
Test Subject
#236 Old 27th Jan 2021 at 3:48 PM
When my sims beard starts to grow, it changes their skin to that red and white checkered pattern with the red eyes, and when I shave it goes away. might have broken with the skin tones update maybe? I have the xml injector and I do have other mods but they are all the same mods I had before when it worked fine.. the only change is the updated game itself.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#237 Old 8th Mar 2021 at 6:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Niysiah
When my sims beard starts to grow, it changes their skin to that red and white checkered pattern with the red eyes, and when I shave it goes away. might have broken with the skin tones update maybe? I have the xml injector and I do have other mods but they are all the same mods I had before when it worked fine.. the only change is the updated game itself.

That red-white checker pattern has something to do with not having one of the DLC packs (it's a missing texture). I'm not sure which one and can't replicate the problem. Some of the beards have a geometry which changes the shape of the face (like big beards) and that doesn't seem to work in some people's games. Long ago I cloned some beards to get around that problem which seemed to work for most people, but there's def still a missing item like a texture being referenced as you're not alone reporting this issue. Like finding a needle in a haystack I'm afraid.
Test Subject
#238 Old 8th Mar 2021 at 9:19 PM
Hi flerb, thank you for the fantastic mod. It adds a ton of enjoyment to my experience. I do have a question/request - I find the normal lifespan beard growth to be too fast but find it to be too big of a jump to go from 3 days to 12.5 days and I wish there was an option right in the middle of those, say 8 days.

I have no experience with modding but wanted to try to figure it out myself without bugging you. I used s4pe to look at the modifier/addon _XML files and I can kind of parse it out, but not really. I see the decay rate modifier and that makes some amount of sense but the progression of numbers used (ie, <T n="value">40</T>) make absolutely no sense to me. I'm willing to do the legwork myself if you could be so kind as to point me in the right direction of how to interpret and modify these numbers to achieve what I want, or if you think it would be easier to just do it yourself, if you find the time and can make a median option like 8 days that would be great. Perhaps some other folks would like that too.

Thanks!
Test Subject
#239 Old 23rd May 2021 at 2:51 AM
This mod is great, however, after a certain stage, the person becomes a white and red checkered-pattern. I read about there may have been a fix. Can you maybe look into it?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#240 Old 24th May 2021 at 3:57 AM Last edited by lizzee6@gmail.com : 20th Jun 2021 at 12:16 PM.
I love this mod but when I select the trim to stubble, sometimes it shaves their face. The trim to stubble animation is fine but it makes my sim clean shaved. So I'm assuming it might need a little update otherwise it works pretty smooth and seems like a pretty well-made mod.
Test Subject
#241 Old 26th May 2021 at 1:38 AM
I love this mod, THANK YOU SO MUCH! I was wondering if it is possible for the purposes of playing Trans and genderfluid sims, can you make this available for female sims? and not use a makeup slot for the beards? I know this is a lot to ask, I will be more than happy to support your patreon for development. If not, thank you again for what have already given us. I can't even imagine how much work must go into something like this.
Test Subject
#242 Old 27th May 2021 at 1:38 AM
nice! been looking for this - huge leap from 3 to 12 days though. if there could be a flavour for less, that'd be great lol
also, as a request, could you also add a "baby face" buff when the sim shaves their face? (random female sims would have a hidden trait for what beard size they have a preference towards; it would give them an attraction boost to the male sim if they has a babyface. it would also give them a small happy or confident boost to help a little.)
Test Subject
#243 Old 27th May 2021 at 8:48 PM
Hi. Today new patch released to the game, and I have some issues. When I shave my sim face, after the beard still there, until I change my sim clothes. Could you please look into this?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#244 Old 15th Jun 2021 at 2:48 PM
Nothing more satisfying to see my sim growing his full beard just to shave it all right off again
Thank you!
Test Subject
#245 Old 21st Jul 2021 at 3:36 AM
20 july 2021 patch anyone?
Test Subject
#246 Old 21st Jul 2021 at 11:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Habiba Hagag
20 july 2021 patch anyone?

I just tested it with the new update. seems to work fine. all animations still work! The only thing I noticed, is the shaver no longer makes the buzzing sound, not sure if that is a bug or if it was removed intentionally by Mod Creator.
Test Subject
#247 Old 24th Jul 2021 at 3:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Repta1615
I just tested it with the new update. seems to work fine. all animations still work! The only thing I noticed, is the shaver no longer makes the buzzing sound, not sure if that is a bug or if it was removed intentionally by Mod Creator.

I've noticed the shaver sound has been missing for a while.
Test Subject
#248 Old 3rd Aug 2021 at 9:07 PM
Hi I am having issues with this mod. After a certain beard level my sim turns white and red. In your update notes you address this but it is still an issue for me. Any ideas on how I can fix this?
Test Subject
#249 Old 15th Aug 2021 at 3:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MrAfrica
Hi I am having issues with this mod. After a certain beard level my sim turns white and red. In your update notes you address this but it is still an issue for me. Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Same here, after reaching one of the middle beard-stages, my sims skin turns into the red/white block texture and trying to have him shave it gets him permanently stuck in the "shaving" action, unless I shift-click him and use the reset debug option (debugging does not restore the proper textures, only removes him from the "shaving" action).
Test Subject
#250 Old 22nd Sep 2021 at 3:15 PM
im getting an LE after the new patch, is there going to be an update?
Page 10 of 11