Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Automatic Beards V4.5

by flerb Posted 7th Aug 2019 at 12:03 PM - Updated 13th Jun 2020 at 8:26 AM by flerb

272 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 191 Feedback Posts, 80 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 11 of 11
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#251 Old 1st Oct 2021 at 8:02 PM
i like it
Test Subject
#252 Old 13th Dec 2021 at 1:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rkspidey
Same here, after reaching one of the middle beard-stages, my sims skin turns into the red/white block texture and trying to have him shave it gets him permanently stuck in the "shaving" action, unless I shift-click him and use the reset debug option (debugging does not restore the proper textures, only removes him from the "shaving" action).

There are 6 stages excluding the Elder/Wizard stage. 5 uses a beard from Get Together and 6 uses a beard from Seasons. I think Flerb packaged those meshes in an update at some point, but people without those expansions still get the red/white checker box.
Test Subject
#253 Old 2nd Jan 2022 at 2:09 AM
Hi ! When I click on a bathroom sink, I can change the beard's color, but I can't find the option to shave or trim. I've got the XML Injector v4.
Any clue?
Test Subject
#254 Old 15th Jan 2022 at 1:55 AM
Hey, so I'm still getting the red checker thing on my skin. Even tough it is supposedly fixed? Sry if it isn't fixed yet but if it is I would like help to resolve this issue im having
Test Subject
#255 Old 15th Jan 2022 at 8:10 PM
This mod is doesnt work to me( Hope someone can fix it.
Lab Assistant
#256 Old 26th Jan 2022 at 4:15 PM
I love this mod. Is there any chance to include teens? Maybe if they drink the tonic to activate it?
Test Subject
#257 Old 3rd Apr 2022 at 10:21 AM
I love the idea of this. still haven't noticed any differences by now but maybe I just have to wait (I put the long lifespan version in so I think that's why. Not sure though.) I really hope this gets an update or rework since the idea alone is just great.
Test Subject
#258 Old 10th Apr 2022 at 10:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by catstalmeth
I love the idea of this. still haven't noticed any differences by now but maybe I just have to wait (I put the long lifespan version in so I think that's why. Not sure though.) I really hope this gets an update or rework since the idea alone is just great.

Hello, you must start by "activating" the beard by choosing the color on a sink, and it will grow after that !
Test Subject
#259 Old 3rd May 2022 at 4:05 PM
Just reporting a tuning error if needed as it showed after latest update.
\Flerb_AutomaticBeards_V4_5\Flerb_Automatic_Beards_normlifespan_V4_5.packageShow Tuning
Invalid Tuning
Flerb:Snippet_test_Male_nonTeen_beards | Incorrectly matched tuning types found in tuning for gender in Instance: 10340747984594928382 (Flerb:Snippet_test_Male_nonTeen_beards), Types.SNIPPET. Expected 'E', got 'T'
Flerb:Snippet_test_Male_nonTeen_WIZARD | Incorrectly matched tuning types found in tuning for gender in Instance: 16295841058073121638 (Flerb:Snippet_test_Male_nonTeen_WIZARD), Types.SNIPPET. Expected 'E', got 'T'
Flerb:Beard_Growth_tonic__Drink | Incorrectly matched tuning types found in tuning for gender in Instance: 11175871539552508356 (Flerb:Beard_Growth_tonic__Drink), Types.INTERACTION. Expected 'E', got 'T'
Flerb:purchase_BeardGrowthTonic | Incorrectly matched tuning types found in tuning for enabled in Instance: 16060844833327907672 (Flerb:purchase_BeardGrowthTonic), Types.INTERACTION. Expected 'U', got 'E'
Flerb:sink_Shave_Beard | Incorrectly matched tuning types found in tuning for enabled in Instance: 13266169916875600272 (Flerb:sink_Shave_Beard), Types.INTERACTION. Expected 'U', got 'E'
Flerb:sink_Trim_Beard_stubble | Incorrectly matched tuning types found in tuning for enabled in Instance: 11724819391935190811 (Flerb:sink_Trim_Beard_stubble), Types.INTERACTION. Expected 'U', got 'E'
Flerb:sink_Trim_Beard_Medium | Incorrectly matched tuning types found in tuning for enabled in Instance: 12132923422146401337 (Flerb:sink_Trim_Beard_Medium), Types.INTERACTION. Expected 'U', got 'E'
Flerb:sink_Trim_Beard_Large | Incorrectly matched tuning types found in tuning for enabled in Instance: 12039932089024148561 (Flerb:sink_Trim_Beard_Large), Types.INTERACTION. Expected 'U', got 'E'
Flerb:Loot_Grow_Beards_starter | Incorrectly matched tuning types found in tuning for gender in Instance: 14995055574144942728 (Flerb:Loot_Grow_Beards_starter), Types.ACTION. Expected 'E', got 'T'
Flerb:Loot_TestElder_for_WizardGrowth | Incorrectly matched tuning types found in tuning for gender in Instance: 12052821899535406868 (Flerb:Loot_TestElder_for_WizardGrowth), Types.ACTION. Expected 'E', got 'T'
Test Subject
#260 Old 13th May 2022 at 11:50 AM
It's a shame flerb no longer seems to be updating their mods. This was such a neat concept but I hope they're doing well.
Test Subject
#261 Old 14th May 2022 at 7:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aesir26
It's a shame flerb no longer seems to be updating their mods. This was such a neat concept but I hope they're doing well.

Try downloading the new version for the xml injector it worked for me the link still works to the site
Test Subject
#262 Old 2nd Jul 2022 at 3:21 PM Last edited by drew1938 : 8th Jul 2022 at 3:10 PM.

In case anyone is wondering, this still works on the latest patch if you have Get Together and Seasons.
Tested the Triplis updated XMLInjector v3 Feb2020 and XMLInjector v4 Dec2020, both work
Bugs:
You can only buy one tonic at a time now.
w/out GTG and Seasons you get a red/white texture/mesh error on the last two stages
Razor no longer makes sound
Sometimes after shaving stage 2-4 you jump to stage 6 visually instead of shaved, until you take a shower.
Beard can apply over werewolf form.

Edit: Still works as of June 2022 Werewolves patch
Test Subject
#263 Old 7th Jul 2022 at 10:52 PM
Default Automatic Beard Mod
Just to ask anybody here this mod does not seem to want to work with me like I click the mirror nothing about the mod is appearing also clicking on the sink nothing is appearing there either. I have XML injector V2.
Test Subject
#264 Old 8th Jul 2022 at 12:12 AM
Why is my Sim Shaving in the incorrect position at the sink who shaves at the side of the sink not facing the mirror? Proof of the issue Screenshot below.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...eenshot_129.png
Test Subject
#265 Old 8th Jul 2022 at 3:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by perrycampbell
Just to ask anybody here this mod does not seem to want to work with me like I click the mirror nothing about the mod is appearing also clicking on the sink nothing is appearing there either. I have XML injector V2.

Read the mod description again.
Instructor
#266 Old 2nd Jan 2023 at 5:09 PM
Creator hasn't logged in, in a long time...
I've always wanted to try this mod. Does anyone know if it still works with the 1.93 version?
Test Subject
#267 Old 8th Jan 2023 at 3:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FalseZen
I've always wanted to try this mod. Does anyone know if it still works with the 1.93 version?

This i already a standard feature in the game, making this mode obsolete.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#268 Old 16th Jan 2023 at 1:04 AM Last edited by tipoual : 16th Jan 2023 at 3:30 AM.
Hi! Is it still working? Because I didn’t found how the beard grow in the highschool version.?please Flerb, can you update this to be functional with the shave in front the mirror?

Or someone, explain me how to grow a beard when you shave… We can shave but no beard growing, right? That’s why we still need this mod ❤️
Lab Assistant
#269 Old 19th Jan 2023 at 12:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tipoual
Hi! Is it still working? Because I didn’t found how the beard grow in the highschool version.?please Flerb, can you update this to be functional with the shave in front the mirror?

Or someone, explain me how to grow a beard when you shave… We can shave but no beard growing, right? That’s why we still need this mod ❤️

To get the beard to grow you have to enable it in CAS. Take your sim into CAS and go to the section where you choose facial hair and tick the box to enable growth.
Test Subject
#270 Old 5th Mar 2023 at 4:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FalseZen

Yes, It still works on the latest patch.
Test Subject
#271 Old 22nd May 2023 at 1:27 AM
I wanted to express how happy I am that this actually still works I hate it when fun mods and or add ons and things don't work but this one still does!! thank you for a great creation that didn't really require too many packs to work , I am enjoying watching one of my sims grow their beard.
Lab Assistant
#272 Old 23rd Jul 2023 at 2:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Requal
This i already a standard feature in the game, making this mod obsolete.

It is not "obsolete" at all and you should probably not decide for other people that it is, any more than custom clothes are obsolete just because the game has clothing. The game hair growth is extremely slow and, unfortunately, almost always triggers BACK HAIR growth when enabled, which is a horrible flaw. I still use this mod for those reasons.
Test Subject
#273 Old 17th Sep 2023 at 5:32 AM
still work?
Page 11 of 11