Replies: 12558 (Who?), Viewed: 790965 times.
Page 503 of 503
#12551 Old 22nd Jan 2022 at 5:50 PM
Some sort of "service tracker" would be nice. Rather than having to send a sim to the phone to see whether or not you've already hired a gardener or maid for the lot because it's been a while since you played this household and you've forgotten, you could just click on an object and it would give you a popup showing what services are hired on the lot.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Mad Poster
#12552 Old 22nd Jan 2022 at 7:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baticeer
Which has also made me think, it'd be nice to be able to tweak the chances of certain kinds of weather. The baseline is fine for most neighborhoods, but I feel like it rains too much in Strangetown for the desert environment that it's supposed to be. Everything I've seen to do with weather control is about changing the current weather in the moment, I'd rather have a global thing I can tune to make weather appropriate to the climate I imagine a certain neighborhood having.

Every dirt/desert hood I play gets seasons changed; I don't have winter, and sometimes not spring (as it rains a lot then). Desert Universities get Summer/Fall/Summer/fall because Sims learn faster in fall.

Namaste... or "go"
Lab Assistant
#12553 Old 23rd Jan 2022 at 2:01 AM
I once had a mod that guests looked through a telescope and they could be abducted by aliens, unfortunately the mod is lost, I really want such a mod, it's so funny...
Top Secret Researcher
#12554 Old 23rd Jan 2022 at 7:54 AM
I've alway wanted the power fridge showing up in buy mode on both community and residential lots ever since downloading it from here and I've gotten my wish there and the new verion is also cheaper as it's only 150$ while the original was 1500$.
Mad Poster
#12555 Old 23rd Jan 2022 at 7:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAsims
I once had a mod that guests looked through a telescope and they could be abducted by aliens, unfortunately the mod is lost, I really want such a mod, it's so funny...

I have 2 mods that do that; one is a big green "crystal" - when a Sim "examines" it they will be abducted. Another one lets you pick "be abducted"

Namaste... or "go"
Test Subject
#12556 Old 23rd Jan 2022 at 8:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grammapat
Every dirt/desert hood I play gets seasons changed; I don't have winter, and sometimes not spring (as it rains a lot then). Desert Universities get Summer/Fall/Summer/fall because Sims learn faster in fall.

Oh, I took out winter too! But I still think it rains too much in the other seasons for a dusty little desert town in the Sims-equivalent of Nevada [which is about where I imagine Strangetown to be]. So, that's why I think it would be handy to have a tuneable global mod where you can just set the temperatures and the chances of each kind of precipitation yourself. You could use it to make desert hoods, a far-north town where it doesn't get hot in summer and snows in fall & spring, or anything else -- and then you would still be able to use all 4 seasons and get the relationship & skill bonuses for each season even if the climate is different! You would have to remember to swap it out of your downloads folder if you switched between hoods with different climates, but I think that's not a big deal for many people's game setups.

Look what I found though -- it occurred to me to search for "weather" on MTS, d'oh, and here's an old download from 2007 that says it gives you "Texas desert weather". The creator has a couple of other weather-changing hacks with different options (like "overall colder temperatures" and "no falling leaves in autumn") too! I haven't tried it out yet, but I will have to take a look at it and see if it conflicts with anything else I use and if not, it might be perfect for me.
Top Secret Researcher
#12557 Old 23rd Jan 2022 at 9:36 PM
@grammapat -I use the Mod baticeer linked in this thread and the other versions are available to switch out at any time I would download all version and only install one of them at a time and switch out if I need to change the weather for another game in another town.I've got the desert weather in for my BACC as Dodge is in a drought currently ad is entering the winter of 1841.
Lab Assistant
#12558 Old Yesterday at 1:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grammapat
I have 2 mods that do that; one is a big green "crystal" - when a Sim "examines" it they will be abducted. Another one lets you pick "be abducted"

I know these mods, but they are for playable sims, guests will not look into these telescopes. And I had a mod with which the guests looked through the telescope and they could be abducted by the UFO
Mad Poster
#12559 Old Yesterday at 7:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baticeer
Which has also made me think, it'd be nice to be able to tweak the chances of certain kinds of weather. The baseline is fine for most neighborhoods, but I feel like it rains too much in Strangetown for the desert environment that it's supposed to be. Everything I've seen to do with weather control is about changing the current weather in the moment, I'd rather have a global thing I can tune to make weather appropriate to the climate I imagine a certain neighborhood having.

Not a global thing, but you can pop these down on your lots to tweak the weather: https://modthesims.info/d/520899/up...er-control.html
Page 503 of 503