Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

French Chandelier

by jhd1189 Posted 10th Feb 2008 at 1:35 AM - Updated 15th Sep 2008 at 9:28 PM by jhd1189

59 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 49 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Field Researcher
#26 Old 16th Feb 2008 at 10:13 AM
Lovely chandelier, very well done, and its maxis matching!
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 16th Feb 2008 at 11:55 AM
I collect chandeliers and this one has to be THE prettiest one I have ever seen!
Thank you so much for sharing with us!
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 17th Feb 2008 at 10:53 AM
Wow....I have seen this chandelier raved about on several sites and deservedly so. Your wicked sense of humour makes me smile too.
Instructor
#29 Old 19th Feb 2008 at 9:58 AM
Quite pretty - thank you so much
for your hard work and for sharing!
*Pickles*

* Pickles *
Test Subject
#30 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 4:01 PM
Beautiful chandelier, thank you! =D
Field Researcher
#31 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 10:23 PM
Your work stands out as a jewel among chandeliers.
The fact that you made it mix and match is an extra luxury'
Thank you for sharing your astonishing work.

*´)
..·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´Platinum*¨)¸;*
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 24th Mar 2008 at 11:18 PM
I have been looking for something like this for some time. Thank you such wonderful pieces.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 7th Apr 2008 at 2:59 PM
Well done! I just L O V E it!! The game really lacks some decent chandeliers.

Question: Would it be possible to create recolors to mach the other colors of Maxis' wall candles?

Again, Thank you!

Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong

- Oscar Wilde
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 11:49 AM
it's a great chandelier, looks great in game but I thought you would want to know there are some problems with it (I found this out through trial and error)

When using the crystals on the chandelier and say you have it hanging in an entry hall near a door, it will prevent the sims from going in and out the front door. Also if you have it hanging anywhere near a bed it will prevent the sims from using the bed (relax, sleep, or otherwise).

Also same thing happens when you use the crystals on the maxis candle wall lights, there must be some kind of error inside the mesh?

Let's just pretend I know what I'm doing... when we all know I don't!!
Moderator of Extreme Limericks
Original Poster
#35 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 4:59 PM
moonlitmagik - Because of how low-hanging the chandelier is, I set it so that even though it won't interfere with other objects, Sims won't be able to walk through it. It would look silly if the sims were able to walk through a chandelier, which is why I made the object that way.

How close to the bed and door did you place the chandelier? If you placed it right in front of the door or bed, well... your sims would bash their head on it or smack it against the door, which is actually what would happen in real life, too. Or do you mean that you had it farther away and your sims couldn't walk anywhere near it?

There's always money in the banana stand.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 12th Apr 2008 at 8:46 AM Last edited by moonlitmagik : 12th Apr 2008 at 8:49 AM. Reason: oops! wrong post type
Yes, it was farther away: I had it hanging in the middle of an entryway that was about 7 tiles wide and six tiles tall. They literally would walk around the outside of the house and go in the back door to go to the kitchen... yet they would walk into the room with the chandelier if I told them to, but not autonomously. (as in the way that would make sense as opposed to walking around the whole doggone house.)

And the smaller crystals that hang on the wall (the decoration) I used them on the maxis wall candle light thingie (the more pretty one) unfortunately they were right next to the bed (one on either side) and they just stood there and stamped their feet, wouldn't get into the bed at all.

Not saying how they were set is wierd but I think that that little aspect should be changed because people will want to use their chandeliers and candleabras and crystals that way and that one annoying little feature might "thwart" them so to speak...? It's a beautiful light fixture, but maybe some tweeks are needed so that people can use them the way chandeliers are usually used, and back in the victorian times it was very common to see those wall candles (and sometimes even wall mounted gaslamps) to have those crystals dangling from around them.

Let's just pretend I know what I'm doing... when we all know I don't!!
Top Secret Researcher
#37 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 1:29 PM Last edited by StephSim : 19th Apr 2008 at 1:36 PM.
Ooo! I've just placed the chandelier at the entry in one of my Victorian lots! I don't think I have the crystals near a bed. I guess I need to play test the lots to see what happens. I will do just that.

Nonetheless, I will be adding this download as 1 of my Absolute Favorite Objects! I love the use of the crystals.

BTW - While creating my Victorian London project, I came across a chandelier that had colored "crystals". It looked soft and pretty in pastel hues of turquiose, pink, yellow and regular crystals. Is it possible to recolor the crystal? Gosh! If you send me a crystal texture map - I'lll attempt to recolor it and send it back to you for packaging to include with this fabulous object - no credit necessary! Let me know.

PS - Is there a way to make the "wall" crystals with a transparent back so they won't show up when the walls are down? Imagine a lot FULL of those crystals!

Thanks for sharing this! I absolutely adore all 3 parts of this creation!
stephanie b.

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Top Secret Researcher
#38 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 6:09 PM
Thanks for the e-mail response jhd. I'm not ignoring you, I'm just finishing up with the Victorian London UPLOADING! I'll get back to you as soon as I've done that.
steph

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 11th Jun 2008 at 5:59 AM
I always wondered that too. but thanks to you, my rich sims can have the kind of lighting they want in their dining room
Scholar
#40 Old 3rd Sep 2008 at 8:10 AM
This is really beautiful, Thanks!

CC4Sims
Love will humiliate you and hate will cradle you.
Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 4th Mar 2009 at 9:23 PM
OMG
You are my HERO!
Great Job!

Tornado Drills: more effective than Ex-Lax.
Test Subject
#42 Old 5th Mar 2009 at 12:32 AM
Wow this is great. You can never have enough chandeliers. <3

| R | E | T | A | L | I | A | T | I | O | N |
Scholar
#43 Old 5th Mar 2009 at 11:47 PM
Beautiful. Thank you.

"What we say is good for nothing, if we say nothing for good.".
Instructor
#44 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 4:00 PM
if you have the time can you do crystals for this mesh Single Wall Candle MESH

The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision. - L. Lavner
Test Subject
#45 Old 17th May 2009 at 8:45 AM
My problem is the same as Moonlitmagik's, I know that you want the chandelier to stop Sims so "they wouldn't bump into it" but is it possible that you consider making a different version which functions as all other ceiling lamps?
I place them near beds and many more objects and it is annoying that I have to move the chandelier every time a Sim wants to use an object and it is 'getting in their way'.
Test Subject
#46 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 11:14 PM
I love it. I am building a new French Chateau and it will fit in perfectly.
#47 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 6:24 PM
::nab::

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Test Subject
#48 Old 6th Apr 2010 at 6:43 PM
Absolutely Gorgeous! I love it! Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#49 Old 27th Nov 2010 at 5:10 AM
Great i love them
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST