Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#251 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 5:34 AM Last edited by imdareaper : 30th Dec 2009 at 5:47 AM.
I need help. I am trying to make Sims not work through an object, its a 1 tile object, I followed the Tutorial, but when I get to the :

Now you'll need to link the new command in to the rest of the Init function. You need to find the other line in the Init function that has "Return True" as its true target, then change it so that it is pointing to the line number of the command you just added.

I can find the first part, but I cant figure out how to point it to the command I added.

I have looked at all the tutorials I can find here, but it just gets more confusing.

Thanks
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#252 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 3:15 PM
There is a box labeled True Target, the last bhav has a value of Return True in it(value of FFFD in the bhav). Change what was the last bhav with that value from Return True to the line number of your newly added bhav. Then make sure the Return True value in your added bhav has a Return True value.
Test Subject
#253 Old 31st Dec 2009 at 1:57 AM Last edited by imdareaper : 31st Dec 2009 at 5:38 AM.
There is a box labeled True Target, the last bhav has a value of Return True in it(value of FFFD in the bhav).

Quote:
Change what was the last bhav with that value from Return True to the line number of your newly added bhav.

Then make sure the Return True value in your added bhav has a Return True value.

Its the part i put in quotes that I am stuck with. I just dont understand.

I included a picture to help:
Screenshots
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#254 Old 31st Dec 2009 at 4:26 AM
Test Subject
#255 Old 31st Dec 2009 at 5:06 AM
That made more sense. Thanks..

Just tried it in game, but they still walk through it.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#256 Old 31st Dec 2009 at 5:28 AM
Test Subject
#257 Old 31st Dec 2009 at 5:40 AM Last edited by imdareaper : 16th Jan 2010 at 3:42 AM.
Sorry. I did put the pic back

It says allow person intersection.
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#258 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 8:29 PM Last edited by NixNivis : 22nd Jun 2011 at 10:08 PM.
I apologise for resurrecting an old thread, but since this is a footprint-related problem, it made more sense to me to post about it here than to start a brand new thread. I hope I didn't make a mistake.

For any object where I've fixed the footprint, as soon as I've made the object "multi-tile friendly", the object's recols are no longer showing up in game and the game claims that "this object is not designable" - even though everything was perfectly fine before I changed the footprint. It doesn't matter whether the recol was made before or after the footprint was changed, or what kind of object it is. Also, in SimPE, the object still looks and behaves as if it were recolourable.

I've checked and double checked to see if If I've made a mistake somewhere, but if I have, it eludes me. I've attached a test object and a recol thereof, so you can have a look for yourself and hopefully maybe be able to tell me what I did wrong. (It's just a $5 version of the Museé Public vase that I made just to rule out that it was something else I did that was causing the problem. But even though the only change I've made to this object is to fix the footprint, the problem persists.)

Edit: Updated the file with one where the "do not use Maya model footprint" line in the init has been properly linked (shame on me for posting in a hurry). It should be noted, though, that this and all my other object have stopped being recolourable as soon as I've made them multi-tile friendly, before I've actually added any tiles or glanced at the BHAVs.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  twotilerecoltest.zip (53.6 KB, 18 downloads) - View custom content
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#259 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 11:24 PM
I had a quick look at the file - usually these issues are related to MMATs not being updated.

In the MMAT you are referring to the OBJD of the added tile. I updated MMATS on the FIRST objd and its showing as designable now. If the recolour was a different colour I could be more sure.

YUP - made a nice dayglo orange recolor. Just go to the "master objd" and hit update all MMATS. Recolors are working.

(lee places order for animated thing)

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#260 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 11:44 PM
Lee, I love you and want to have your children!! (Well, that last part won't work since we're both girls. ) I thought I was going mad - and I was very, very upset at the thought that my object couldn't have both a one-tile and a two-tile version. THANK YOU!!! *runs off to fix MMATs*
Field Researcher
#261 Old 7th Jul 2011 at 10:21 AM Last edited by sunni9676 : 12th Jul 2011 at 4:14 PM.
Ok, I am trying to assign a unique instance number. According to the tutorial I need the 'packed file' tab. However, that isn't in the latest version of Simpe. The 'resource information' tab looks the closest to the picture, however I do not see a 'make all listed unique' anywhere. How do I change the instance number?

Edit: Ok, I fixed the unique instance # manually (although I still couldn't find any button to do it). I've got all my squares proper now. My main problem is fixing the bhav. I only have one 'init' which I added the next line and linked it as mentioned in the tutorial. Well, the Sim still walked through the corner of the object and then was given an error message (3D Object is not animatable). [This is a dressing room object that I am working on, so Sims need to be able to use it]. Not sure what I have done wrong at this point.

Visit these sites for more Medieval downloads: Sunni Designs, Plumb Bob Keep, and The Medieval Smithy.
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#262 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 8:41 AM
Sunni, re the error message it sounds to me like you've run into what's described in this thread (the first item). I'm not sure if that's also the reason why the Sim could still walk through part of the object, though, but it might be.
Field Researcher
#263 Old 18th Jul 2011 at 8:14 PM
Thanks for your response NixNivis, that sounds like it could be the issue. Just how to fix it is beyond me I'm quite new to tinkering with bhavs, etc. so hopefully I'll figure it out eventually.

Visit these sites for more Medieval downloads: Sunni Designs, Plumb Bob Keep, and The Medieval Smithy.
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#264 Old 19th Jul 2011 at 5:19 AM
I'm no BHAV pundit, either, but I do know a little, so I can have a look at it if you want. (No guarantees, though - it might be over my head as well.)
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#265 Old 25th Jul 2011 at 2:20 PM
Hi Sunni,

Unfortunately, this tutorial only really works well for deco objects, and objects where the sim does not need to get very close to the object to use it. This technique effectively blocks off the entire tile, including the places where the routing slots are.

There are alternatives though. You can fix the footprint directly in the CRES, or you can try moving the routing slots further away, or you can adjust the way the interaction works. Without knowing a bit more about your object though, I can't really give you much more specific advice.
Field Researcher
#266 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 3:44 PM
Thanks for your responses NixNivis & Echo. Doing some research and experimenting with the object, I think Echo is right about usable/animatable objects. I wasn't successful in fixing the object via CRES, so it seems that the changing booth is a more complex item than I originally thought. For now I'll just leave it to the one tile.

Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#267 Old 4th Sep 2011 at 11:55 AM
Hi, I have an object that is cloned from an endtable - the final object is 16 tiles. I am working through the footprint tutorial and all is fine so far (5 tiles now - whoo) but I am having an unexpected side effect. I have stopped at 5 tiles at the moment until I have a way to fix this.

In the object there is a BHAV which is so the sim can "buy" an item. When it was just one tile sims could walk through it but all worked as expected with the bhav. However, I am now getting the effect that when I click on the object the sim can choose to buy from any tile...though the pick up point is correct.

This looks a bit stupid as in the whole "buy" BHAV there is a handing over of cash and an anim loop. Any suggestions on how I can make my sim ALWAYS go to the correct tile to buy? Given the nature of the object then I would like sims to hang about until it is their "turn".
Attached files:
File Type: rar  mysteryobject.rar (950.8 KB, 14 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Unfinished mysterious object

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#268 Old 4th Sep 2011 at 8:27 PM
My first thought was to suggest adding a routing slot where the intended tile is located...then instructing the Sim to route to the routing slot, but I'm not sure how the footprint might hinder that. Have you looked at the coffee Barista counter from Uni? That is a multi-tile object which seems to have a designated tile for payment/cashier-customer interaction. I don't recall off the top of my head everything about its inner-workings and I'm not sure how similar it is to what you want. But it may be worth investigating.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#269 Old 4th Sep 2011 at 8:32 PM Last edited by leesester : 5th Sep 2011 at 1:11 AM.
Yea, I had the sims go to the routing slot - but then other sims who wanted to buy had a foot stomp (the object already has a routing slot to pick up the buy item)

I will look at the espresso - it was one of the first objects I tried to base this on, but I was aiming for base game.

MAYBE - I can have the buy run and then load the money loop etc in the pick up. Hmmm.

EDIT: Ok, I sort of found what I was looking for - I have used this expression:

[prim 0x0002] Expression (Local 0x0000 := Stack Object's 0x0013 (lead tile object ID)) so that the user can click anywhere on the object and it will send the sim to the routing slot. However, they are now either gonna be throwing tantrums or I will just have the event fail silently. Not sure which is best - best is to queue of course.

*shrugs*
retired moderator
#270 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 4:49 AM
So is the problem resolved?

A queue may not be too bad if an array is used. You would treat it FIFO (First In, First Out). If the object is not in use, everything works as normal. But for as long as the object is in use, you can have any new Sim be added to the array, like through a "Get in line" interaction. Waiting customers could wait in an loop in which they idle, animate to show how patient they are being , and possibly check motives to see if they should leave (which would mean they should remove themselves from the array as well). Then once the current customer is finished, get the next customer from the array (at index 0), remove him/her from the array (moving everyone else up in the array), and push the normal interaction onto him/her.

I think the Standard Entry/Exit BHAVs handle the "In Use?" flag, but it can also be set manually if you want the object to remain "In Use" for as long as there is a line of customers waiting. If you want them to literally stand one behind the other, you can probably get the object ID of the last Sim in the array. Then set that value as the Stack Object in the "Get in Line" BHAV and tell the "soon-to-be-the-newest-last-in-line" Sim to route a relative position (which will be with respect to the Sim in line). Then update the array to have the newly added Sim.

I don't remember how much (if at all) my Surfing mod deviated from the Free Time Jogging interaction's array-related BHAVS, but certainly check out and make use of whichever would be the most helpful and convenient for you. Also, Wiki on 0x0076. I hope there's a chance of an indoor version of this mysterious object.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#271 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 10:49 AM Last edited by leesester : 5th Sep 2011 at 11:57 AM.
Hi MSD - I will have a look at that. Well, the object is for the theme of course, I always loved these when I was a kid. I didn't really think of an indoors version, I think it was always either one of these or from the freezer at home. We didnt have a freezer until I was about 12, so. What I really wanted was to be able to make it arrive. Baby steps though

Re the problem - well, the first problem is sort of solved. However, solving THAT has created this problem. The other thing is that the object is not really suited for an NPC in it - but it does really need one, I tried a test run with an NPC and they dont really fit. I may be forced to put a mannequin in there

I shall look at the queue (ie wait in line) as this REALLY needs to have a queue.

Field Researcher
#272 Old 3rd Jun 2012 at 5:52 PM
If anybody still reads this thread, I have a problem and need help. I created a 16 tile fountain cloned from a one tile fountain (the M&G's Epic Font). I added all the tiles and edited the BHAV as described in the tutorial, but my sims still walk through the object. I've used this method several times before, but never on a fountain and it always worked. I even added another BHAV to disallow sims from intersecting the object and they still walk right through it. Any suggestions??? Thanks for any help.
Field Researcher
#273 Old 8th Jan 2014 at 5:21 AM
Just wanted to add this bit of information -

When you are doing the Unique Instances step - it is still there.

To do it - Select your resource list, then on the top menu, select Window, Resource Actions.

In the plug-in section there is a 'unique instances'. Click on that, and it will make all the instances selected, unique.

Simthing for everyone

"No Boom Today. Boom Tomorrow. Always Boom Tomorrow" - Ivanova (B5)
Having trouble with the Graphics card and Sims2? Feel free to pm me here, or in this forum at Leefish Sims 2 Graphic Cards
Instructor
#274 Old 18th Nov 2016 at 1:55 AM Last edited by ankoyume : 18th Nov 2016 at 6:36 PM.
I've a little info too when adding tiles on an object : in the OBJD, there's a line "level offset", it works for pool >>> 0 is the underwater level (0.0.0) and 1 is the ground level (1.0.0).
Don't forget to clone the right OBJF when you add a tile, because each OBJF doesn't have the same init (must have wall behind ? ; must be in the pool ?)...

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Page 11 of 11