Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sims 3 Dashboard tool (Updated 1st July 2022: v1.3.8217.25892)

by Tashiketh Posted 15th Jan 2010 at 11:51 PM - Updated 1st Jul 2022 at 2:25 PM by Tashiketh

2153 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1627 Feedback Posts, 525 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 8 of 87
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#176 Old 18th Jan 2010 at 11:23 PM
I'm pondering adding a "Fix All Problems" button that does the following:

* Automatically fixes any corrupted TXTC files
* Automatically disable all Sims 2 packages
* Automatically disable all duplicate files (except for the first, valid, one)
* Automatically delete all Empty files
* Do nothing with Conflicted files - instead tell the user how many Conflicts they have left at the end.

Would this be useful?

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Field Researcher
#177 Old 18th Jan 2010 at 11:29 PM
Is it possible to incorporate a "disable duplicates and then delete them" function? (just for the sake of keeping the mods folder tidy)
Test Subject
#178 Old 19th Jan 2010 at 3:52 AM
A Fix all problems button would be good, especially since I'm showing about 20 duplicates and I can't find dupes of any of them in my folders. It's not reading dbc's is it? That's the only place the duplicates could be.
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
#179 Old 19th Jan 2010 at 10:20 AM
A very nice program! I found this to be much better than the old conflict tool called Indie Stone Compatibility Checker because it helped me pinpoint certain mods that caused a small problem for me.

There is one thing I am curious about.

When I ran the program to check the files, I found one corrupted file, Melodie9-afTopNude.package, with a red colored highlight and a Type pointing to Corrupted TXTC. I ticked the check box next to it and then selected Action to bring up the menu options. I chose Fix Corrupted TXTCs. Then I get a popup window warning me that this action will be irreversible and to proceed with it, and I went ahead with the choice. The program seemed to fix the corrupted file, and its color highlight changed to Yellow to indicate a duplicate. But I was not able to locate this file that appeared as a duplicate or find a reason for this particular file to be seen as a duplicate after the program supposedly fixed the corrupted file.

BUT when I ran the program again to check once more for any more conflicts, the same file was highlighted in red as a corrupted file with the TXTC issue and not as a duplicate. The program didn't seem to find anything else to indicate it was a duplicate when I first ran the program and attempted to fix the corrupted TXTC file.

You can see in the screen shot where the red outline is to show you what I was talking about:

And I'm curious what Saikutsu (sp?) said about a file I uploaded once. I thought those files were long fixed well over a year ago with a version of S3PE that packed them correctly then. And I thought I didn't release those files. Ah well..

Still, a great job on the program. Works like a charm on XP 32-bit.
Test Subject
#180 Old 19th Jan 2010 at 10:56 AM
Id love to see a Fix All button :D
Test Subject
#181 Old 19th Jan 2010 at 1:58 PM
Works great! Thank you so much.
Lab Assistant
#182 Old 19th Jan 2010 at 2:23 PM
Yes, the dashboard is working, even for me - par example the Nandonalt_ParkingSpaceInvisible IS still without any problems in my game, but the old blue lot object fixer told me it's corrupt. The dashboard doesn't - thank you so much, now I can scan my older downloaded packages, Delphy, you're great :-)

Hoffnung ist nicht die Gewissheit dass etwas gut ausgeht, sondern dass es Sinn macht, egal wie es ausgeht. (W.Havel)
- I try to translate - who finds errors can keep them ;-) :
"Hope is not being sure for a good end, but that it has sense, whatever comes."
Pic by ebekastein @ yahoo.co.uk
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#183 Old 19th Jan 2010 at 3:06 PM
Chaavik, The issue with "Fix" marking a file as a duplicate of itself I actually fixed last night (I noticed it too in testing). However, usually restarting the program sorts it out.

garbage364, it actually tells you what the file is a duplicate of. Unless, of course, you just fixed them with Fix Corrupted.

SimplicityFlower, Can you upload those 2 files that have issues for you? I'm wondering if they are different to the ones I have here. Thanks.

Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
#184 Old 19th Jan 2010 at 4:05 PM
Thanks for the feedback, Delphy I'll give it a whirl later today.
Test Subject
#185 Old 19th Jan 2010 at 5:50 PM
When I "select all corrupted" the Action button doesn't become usable until I deselect and reselect one of them manually.

Great work Delphy. This tool has helped me greatly in cleaning up my problem CC.
Test Subject
#186 Old 19th Jan 2010 at 9:16 PM
Default That would be a great idea.
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
I'm pondering adding a "Fix All Problems" button that does the following:

* Automatically fixes any corrupted TXTC files
* Automatically disable all Sims 2 packages
* Automatically disable all duplicate files (except for the first, valid, one)
* Automatically delete all Empty files
* Do nothing with Conflicted files - instead tell the user how many Conflicts they have left at the end.

Would this be useful?

OMG that would be a really great idea, I was wondering how the corrupted files could be fixed. But not being a guru I was in the dark. You are the best.
Test Subject
#187 Old 19th Jan 2010 at 9:59 PM
Default Error Message?
I get this message at the end of every Dashboard run. I just mash the OK button and all is well. I don't know what it all means so I thought I'd let you have a look at it.

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff264/Charlene5_photos/dashboard.jpg[/IMG]]
Don't ask me, I just code
#188 Old 19th Jan 2010 at 10:19 PM
That looks like the issue with some _KEY resources with duplicate keys created with a version of the Hair Mesh tool. I could easily be wrong, of course.
Lab Assistant
#189 Old 19th Jan 2010 at 11:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charlene5
I get this message at the end of every Dashboard run. I just mash the OK button and all is well. I don't know what it all means so I thought I'd let you have a look at it. ......
Seems that you are using an older version (1.0.3669.31644)... Try using the most current version (1.0.3669.40293).

Edit:
Latest version number incorrectly reported. Fixed it: .40293

"-If you leave me, can I come with you too?.."
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
#190 Old 20th Jan 2010 at 7:32 AM
I was using the program tonight to determine the conflicts between Supaclova's burglar mods to find out why they conflicted, but that's what I was doing.

There is one thing I want to see if it is possible to add functionality to Filename in the first column. I tried to click on Filename to sort the files alphabetically with the letter A at the top to the letter Z at the bottom instead of Z at the top and A at the bottom. Filename in the first column can be clicked on, but it does nothing to sort the mods alphabetically.

Other than that, I enjoyed using this program more than the other one that I will eventually clean out since I don't use it anymore after discovering this.
Test Subject
#191 Old 20th Jan 2010 at 6:42 PM
i can't run it. my comp keeps saying the program had a problem and needs to close. i have mircosoft .NET framework 3.5 and windows vista.
Test Subject
#192 Old 20th Jan 2010 at 6:59 PM
Thank you so much i have no conflict yeh!!!!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#193 Old 20th Jan 2010 at 7:05 PM Last edited by Delphy : 21st Jan 2010 at 7:58 AM.
Changelog for v1.0.3672.34790
* Fixed bug with Select menu not re-enabling the Action button
* Fixed bug where Fixing corrupted TXTCs would mark the fixed files as Duplicates of themselves
* Fixed bug where a file could be in Corrupt state as well as Conflict - now Corrupt overrides all others
* Added Application.DoEvents() to the main ProcessFile loop, so that it better updates the status bar, etc
* Optimised the Conflict detection - should run a bit faster now
* Fixed crash when encountering early-Chaavik style package files with completely corrupt headers
* Changed "Done" to "Scanned" when finished processing files
* Added number of files scanned and MB used to the custom content box
* Fixed index out of range bug when Fixing Corrupt files and a filter is enabled
* Changed checkPackage routine to now exit earlier when encountering Sims 2 or Corrupt files - this should speed up the scan somewhat
* Added border to colour key legend boxes
* Added File menu option to include *.disabled packages in scan
* Added new colour type for disabled packages (Color.PowderBlue)
* A note on Disabled packages: They still show up with the normal Corrupt/Duplicate/Empty text, but the background colour is different. Disabled files do NOT change the colour of originals.
* Added Filter for Disabled files
* Changed Filter -> All non-standard to exclude "originals" of Duplicate files - it now only shows the duplicate
* Added Fix All problems button
* Added Action -> Delete Files, with warnings - use at your own risk!

Test Subject
#194 Old 20th Jan 2010 at 10:09 PM
I have the same problem as zacatack 8. I cannot even get to the first window before microsoft says it has encountered a problem and needs to close. I have windows vista but I don't know where to check to find out which version of .NET framework I have. Is there anything I can try? Thanks.
Lab Assistant
#195 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 12:07 AM
will this work with Windows 7?
Scholar
#196 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 12:06 AM
Just wondering: Why are some files discorered as "caspart (clothing)" and others as "caspart"?

Because I have several hairs, eyebrows etc. that are rendered as "caspart (clothing)" while I have some clothing that just shows "caspart".

Quote: Originally posted by jrb2037
will this work with Windows 7?

Yes, works fine here.
Lab Assistant
#197 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 12:21 AM
Thank you! I use your dashboard thingy for the Sims 2 and now this one for the Sims 3. You are fabulous! I had Sims 2 files in there and corrupt files.

Question - should I clear all the cache files?

Jody
(Pawzim / jrb2037)
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
#198 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 12:59 AM
Yaaaay, the files are named after me! Just kidding..

Giving this one a whirl. Thank you for the updated version.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#199 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 7:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jonha
Just wondering: Why are some files discorered as "caspart (clothing)" and others as "caspart"?

Because I have several hairs, eyebrows etc. that are rendered as "caspart (clothing)" while I have some clothing that just shows "caspart".

The reason is that the package type detection is very sparse right now - I have yet to add in reading of the CAS part information to determine the exact type.

Technically speaking, "caspart" is if it detects a caspart in the package. "caspart (clothing)" is if it has both a caspart and DDS files. Thats about the extent of the checking right now.

Lab Assistant
#200 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 12:53 PM
This program is wonderful! Fixed my game and it runs fast and smooth. Now I need to figure out why some of the landmarks, objects, etc. turn white sometimes. They eventually get their colors back.

Jody
(Pawzim / jrb2037)
Page 8 of 87