Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Park in the Car Park

by MogHughson Posted 9th Nov 2010 at 5:48 PM - Updated 7th Jun 2021 at 10:21 PM by HugeLunatic

166 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 69 Feedback Posts, 96 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 7
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#151 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 12:25 AM
Too Awesomely cool!!!
Lab Assistant
#152 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 11:34 AM
Umm.. Just wondering. Does this mod make the old parking lots actually do something or would you have to replace them?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#153 Old 20th Jan 2015 at 8:52 PM
I WAS SEARCHING THIS YEARS! Thanks a lot!
Sockpuppet
THANKS POST
#154 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 7:40 AM
THANKS YOU
Test Subject
#155 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 3:20 PM
do you have to use moveobjects on to place the extention next to the driveway or do you have to download something else??? im really stupid when it comes to common logic please help!
Test Subject
#156 Old 30th Jun 2015 at 8:09 PM
Default me too
Quote: Originally posted by Snufflepaws
Thanks for a wonderful mod! I seem to be having a lot of trouble getting this to work though, and after many attempts at finding the cause, I'm still left confused. Most of the time, once a community lot has loaded, my sim and their car appear automatically in the parking space, instead of seeing them drive to it. I've got 2 lots where I've fixed this - they seem to only work when the extension piece is in a certain position over others which are also valid. Other lots though, no positioning seems to reverse this. I suspect it may be because my game is downloaded (I own the physical game but it's back at the house before I moved abroad, so I considered it okay to download).

Does anyone else experience this? I'm stumped as to how to fix it.

It worked for me with no hassle. but the thing is, my car just teleports to the very end of the extension when i arrive in the community lot. I mounted driveway + extension on this community lot just like you instructed. i saw your video on this - your car was running smoothly from the very time it was cornering up to the very end of the extension in the parking lot. How did you do that?
Did I miss something? or did I do wrong? Please help me on this.
I even installed the "normal-speed arriving in community lot" hack to slow down the animation of my car but it didn't worked.
Test Subject
#157 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 8:18 AM
Default me too
Quote: Originally posted by schwarzmage
It worked for me with no hassle. but the thing is, my car just teleports to the very end of the extension when i arrive in the community lot. I mounted driveway + extension on this community lot just like you instructed. i saw your video on this - your car was running smoothly from the very time it was cornering up to the very end of the extension in the parking lot. How did you do that?
Did I miss something? or did I do wrong? Please help me on this.
I even installed the "normal-speed arriving in community lot" hack to slow down the animation of my car but it didn't worked.

problem solved!! solution: do not overlap driveway extensions w/ another extension. make sure to estimate how many extensions you need to your parking spot.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#158 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 2:54 AM
Thanxs
Alchemist
#159 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 2:15 AM
This is a great addition to the game. Thanks so much!

It does conflict with Mootilda's Rotatable Driveways. Any chance of a fix?

In the meantime, Nocomment has posted a workaround here:
http://www.modthesims.info/download...613#post5326613
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#160 Old 14th Feb 2019 at 11:40 PM
Yyyyeeeaaahhh!!! How come I haven't seen this mod before? It always bugged the hell out of me that the cars would be occupying the road, this is a sanity saver :D also gonna get your fancy decorative parking spaces to snazz up the lots ;)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#161 Old 27th Jan 2021 at 12:41 AM
Thank you very much for this mod!
Test Subject
#162 Old 19th Jun 2021 at 2:11 PM
Found out this mod is conflicting with the Origin version of The Sims 2 (Ultimate Collection), but works fine with the disk version of the game. Not sure what causes this, but with UC I am getting "Error: Bad gosup tree number" while trying to walk to the community lot, without a car or taxi
Mod itself is good, and I know there is no sense asking for fixing it since the creator was online at 2011, but I would advise to avoid installing it on UC
Test Subject
#163 Old 12th Aug 2021 at 9:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AlericMcD
I downloaded it. Yet whenever I use it on my community lots my character will drive, then step out of their car, but it'll glitch. The sim will disappear and so will the car. And then it'll turn into build/buy mode of the lot.

I know this comment is old and you will probably never see this, but for anyone having the same problem I have found out what's causing it. So I have the CTP and therefore I thought the additional package which makes the mods compatible with eachother was needed. But then I read this thread https://modthesims.info/showthread....4&goto=lastpost, and it turns out that the latest version of CTP (CJH_CommTimeStandalone) which I have, does not conflict with this mod. I removed the compability package and now both mods work without any issues!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#164 Old 19th Mar 2023 at 4:25 AM
thank you
Test Subject
#165 Old 25th Aug 2023 at 1:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by svirvel
I know this comment is old and you will probably never see this, but for anyone having the same problem I have found out what's causing it. So I have the CTP and therefore I thought the additional package which makes the mods compatible with eachother was needed. But then I read this thread https://modthesims.info/showthread....4&goto=lastpost, and it turns out that the latest version of CTP (CJH_CommTimeStandalone) which I have, does not conflict with this mod. I removed the compability package and now both mods work without any issues!

you're a lifesaver, thank you so much 🥰 !! now I can finally use this mod 🙏
Test Subject
#166 Old 7th Jan 2024 at 10:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by svirvel

I know at this point THIS comment is old and you may never see this, but just wanted to say thanks for posting this! I was having the same problem and you just saved me possibly several hours of trial and error.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#167 Old 22nd Mar 2024 at 6:47 PM
Thanks! This mod is incredible
Page 7 of 7