Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Dresscode by Consort

by Consort Posted 23rd May 2012 at 6:52 PM - Updated 4th Nov 2013 at 3:55 AM by Consort

194 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 88 Feedback Posts, 105 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 8
Test Subject
#101 Old 3rd Sep 2012 at 10:53 AM
Great mod, but I have a strange bug! I placed the sign in my family inventory while it was armed, and now any sims outside of a lot (in cars, taxis, walking etc.) apply the dresscode! It happens when they leave a lot, they immediately change into the dresscode applied to the family inventory sign.

Quite funny though, seeing sims naked in their cars and walking the dog is quite strange!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#102 Old 3rd Sep 2012 at 5:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Oldcustard
Great mod, but I have a strange bug! I placed the sign in my family inventory while it was armed, and now any sims outside of a lot (in cars, taxis, walking etc.) apply the dresscode! It happens when they leave a lot, they immediately change into the dresscode applied to the family inventory sign.

Quite funny though, seeing sims naked in their cars and walking the dog is quite strange!

Lol thats funny indeed. Actually souds like a useful bug, will have to try that
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#103 Old 6th Sep 2012 at 1:25 AM
Many of you asked for a sign that can be hidden.

For those of you who don't want to wait for the full prettified release: This inbetween version has the functionality for advanced users.

You can Advanced/Hide the Sign but then it's completely gone. Completely gone I said? No, it's still there and invisible and will cause HUGE problems when you want to change your house in build mode at that particular spot.

The "unhide all signs on lot" is only available from a second Dresscode Sign because the hidden one is no longer clickable! This interaction shows a statistics of signs on the lot and signs in world.

So, handle with care. If you forget where you put your signs you'll be cursing later..
Attached files:
File Type: zip  ConsortDresscodeSign4prerelease0.zip (442.2 KB, 17 downloads)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#104 Old 6th Sep 2012 at 12:05 PM
Does this mod work with the new update?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#105 Old 6th Sep 2012 at 12:55 PM
This had to be removed with 1.38
Error logs showed it was causing a problem.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#106 Old 6th Sep 2012 at 10:29 PM
Has this mod been updated for Supernatural/ Patch 1.38? Or, has anyone checked that it doesn't need to be updated as it seems to work fine (no conflicts, etc) with the patch? Thanks!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#107 Old 6th Sep 2012 at 10:35 PM
@zhyzathn If you are referring to the ErrorTrap mention, that has been discussed and was fixed in version 3. It was a non issue anyway.

@bettybrant @majesticg
It worked fine for me with 1.38.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#108 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 8:21 PM
Beautiful! Thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#109 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 10:01 PM
@consort Thanks
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#110 Old 13th Sep 2012 at 8:38 PM
naked is an option??? Nice, Nude beaches in TS3!!! :-)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#111 Old 28th Sep 2012 at 11:28 AM
Brilliant mod! Thank you.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#112 Old 6th Oct 2012 at 6:49 PM
::nab::
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#113 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 4:12 AM
Please excuse the current discrepancy between the features described in the Overview section (version 4) and the actual latest version.

Banging my head against my desk will not resolve it for now (i tried) so give me another day
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#114 Old 13th Oct 2012 at 1:35 AM
Version 4 released

Let me know if you have any problems with the new hiding/unhiding feature
Lab Assistant
#115 Old 18th Oct 2012 at 10:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Consort
Lol thats funny indeed. Actually souds like a useful bug, will have to try that

Too bad "costumes" is not an outfit category. Otherwise with this "bug" we could have all sims in town walk around dressed up like for carnival or mardi gras

Live your dream.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#116 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 2:55 AM
Version 5 up

I'm pulling version 4 due to the underwater pool bug.
If you are running 4, please update.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#117 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 9:19 AM
Thanks for the update
Smeg Head
THANKS POST
#118 Old 19th Nov 2012 at 7:10 AM
Thanks for all the work on these, Consort. Might it be possible to add a function to this mod that stops sims using umbrellas and parasols in certain enviroments. Long ago I made a whole series of tropical homesteads with half walls overlooking balconies and beaches ect. They look great and well-suited to the tropical world. But now in Seasons, whatever the weather is beyond the walls, when sims walk into their livingrooms and bedrooms that have exterior half walls, they immediately put up their parasols or umbrellas when "indoors." Way to go EA for yet again finding something else to make a farce.
Instructor
#119 Old 20th Nov 2012 at 12:38 AM
Little hint: this works great with the new Seasonal Lot Marker.
If this marker is placed on a lot, every object not in common is specific to a given Season. So if you want a lot to have swimwear in summer, everyday in fall, outerwear in winter, and everyday in spring, what you do is place the SLM, then place a copy of Consort's Dresscode in every season instance (I recommend in the same spot). Then, during gameplay, set the correct dresscode once for every season. The next time the lot changes to the new season it will replace the Dresscode object with the new one for that season, so the designated outfit changes with it
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#120 Old 23rd Nov 2012 at 12:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
Might it be possible to add a function to this mod that stops sims using umbrellas and parasols in certain enviroments.

I too find the parasols most annoying and silly.
I hope someone comes up with an elegant mod to get rid of them altogether.

For this mod: Those umbrellas and parasols are different from outfit category changes. But I shall have a look at EA code and see if it is somehow possible to hack something seasons related with it.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#121 Old 23rd Nov 2012 at 12:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jordi
Little hint: this works great with the new Seasonal Lot Marker.
If this marker is placed on a lot, every object not in common is specific to a given Season. So if you want a lot to have swimwear in summer, everyday in fall, outerwear in winter, and everyday in spring, what you do is place the SLM, then place a copy of Consort's Dresscode in every season instance (I recommend in the same spot). Then, during gameplay, set the correct dresscode once for every season. The next time the lot changes to the new season it will replace the Dresscode object with the new one for that season, so the designated outfit changes with it

Sounds awesome, I have to try that First time I heard about that seasons marker thingy, glad that it works with my sign \o/
Test Subject
#122 Old 27th Dec 2012 at 8:02 AM Last edited by Invara : 27th Dec 2012 at 8:23 AM.
I saw something about a RH rug for a theater?

Where would I find this rug please? And thank you (S3 Creator) for this RH rug!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#123 Old 29th Dec 2012 at 7:33 PM
@Invara I think these are the rugs you're looking for http://customsims3.com/forums/thread-53.html
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#124 Old 5th Feb 2013 at 4:00 PM
Is there a way to make the censor blur go away ONLY when sims are nude from this sign? I have family in the house, including a young sister who has her own install on her machine, but she likes to see my sims as well.

I had hopes that I could put one in my couple's room, and turn it to nude when I want sexy-time, but it blurs them still. I DON'T want a standard blur remover, so you won't see them in the shower, won't see them in the tub, and so my sis never finds out!

Is it possible to add blur remover for ONLY nudity caused by this mod?

In the meantime, I make do with a nude clothes pajama set for my happy couple. Works well enough, but if I ever show my sister the outfits I made, she might see them! Maybe add a 'faux-nude' mode with nude clothes? Of course, it may not be doable, if what you've done works the way it sounds like.

Great work anyway! I seem to recall having one of these from Sims 1, did you make that one too?
Lab Assistant
#125 Old 7th Feb 2013 at 7:38 PM Last edited by Mikikitty : 7th Feb 2013 at 7:47 PM. Reason: Re-checked something
This is mega awesome, thanks a lot! For some reason one of my Sims will never adhere to that sign, though... he used to be an imaginary friend (but the other two ex im. friends are changing just fine) and he doesn't have the crazy trait. Any ideas what else could cause this?

edit: I just found that only my female former imaginary friend changes, but both males won't. Hm.

I play Sims in German, so I apologize in advance for any "funny/wrong English term" I might use when describing something about the game. ;)
Page 5 of 8