Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#28201 Old 18th Sep 2021 at 1:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sturlington
Yes, I do this all the time when I want to get another Sim to come to a community lot without bothering with a date or an outing.

You actually don't need to do it that way. The old pre-Nightlife phone option to invite another sim to a lot still exists, you use Call.../Transportation and then you can select it from the menu.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#28202 Old 18th Sep 2021 at 1:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
This was the first time playing this family (which was created by the Hood Building Group). I did enable testing cheats; that's where I got the "must be a person" error. So what do I do with the error log? When I removed them from their apartment I put them on a vacant lot - this didn't help. Also, I can play other houses OK. So you think it could still be a mod conflict?
RATS! Now the other lots are doing the same thing. I've left a question with creator Marka93

What you do with the error log is you post it so that someone else can look at it. Or you give it to What Caused This, if you like.
Mad Poster
#28203 Old 18th Sep 2021 at 2:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
You actually don't need to do it that way. The old pre-Nightlife phone option to invite another sim to a lot still exists, you use Call.../Transportation and then you can select it from the menu.
I think what sturlington meant (and certainly what I meant) was when you're already away from home, and you want another Sim to come and join you on a community lot. As far as I can see, the only way to do that is with a mobile 'phone (cellphone). I see no logical reason why it shouldn't be possible with the payphone too. After all, it's what we'd all have done before the 1990s.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Instructor
#28204 Old 18th Sep 2021 at 5:11 AM
So not really ts2 but as I almost exclusively frequent the ts2 section of this website--

I just realized it says Space Pony underneath my picture now. Wonder when that happened. What does that mean? What was it before? What will it be next?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#28205 Old 18th Sep 2021 at 7:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CASnarl
So not really ts2 but as I almost exclusively frequent the ts2 section of this website--

I just realized it says Space Pony underneath my picture now. Wonder when that happened. What does that mean? What was it before? What will it be next?

Space Pony is a title you get after X amount of posts and is a very short-lived (if you post much at all) title. I don't know how many posts you can make before it changes, but not many. It's kind of a favourite for that reason.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Inventor
#28206 Old 18th Sep 2021 at 8:46 AM
hypothetical but stupid question: if I hid all the game hairs in favor of custom townified hairs only, will townies/npcs generate with the custom hairs in my folder? Like, if I load in Don Lothario, will his hair disappear and a custom hair will replace it, or will I have to update it myself via mirror?

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#28207 Old 18th Sep 2021 at 9:08 AM
Yes @CASnarl If you are a Space Pony it's very rare, and customary to have a screenshot to remember it by. It only lasts for about five posts!
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#28208 Old 18th Sep 2021 at 9:36 AM
I remember you took my screenshot when I was space pony

And so my random question: Is there any way to go back to university and not be graduated already? Tried aging them down to teens but they were already graduated when they arrived.
Also does anyone know by which factor it gets harder to earn each skill by each skill point? Trying to make my "everything major" more balanced. Earning the 9th and 10th point is slower than the first 3 points so ... Would be good to know.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Theorist
#28209 Old 18th Sep 2021 at 10:50 AM
Do your Sims already have a degree? I aged my Sim down using the fixed genie youth wish and they carried on with their studies just fine, having dropped out the first time.

Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
You can also use the payphone to call the cops if the Unsavory Charlatan robs somebody.
Does this have any effect, ever? I call the cops because I want to get rid of the guy without using cheats, but they just say "yeah, sure" and don't show up to arrest him or anything. I've never had playables be pickpocketed though - maybe the foul play report has some effect if you want to avoid physically assaulting the guy, but still want to get your money back.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#28210 Old 18th Sep 2021 at 12:02 PM
Quote:
Does this have any effect, ever? I call the cops because I want to get rid of the guy without using cheats, but they just say "yeah, sure" and don't show up to arrest him or anything. I've never had playables be pickpocketed though - maybe the foul play report has some effect if you want to avoid physically assaulting the guy, but still want to get your money back.

I believe it stops him from showing up on community lots for a few days, that's all.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#28211 Old 18th Sep 2021 at 12:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn

Yes, I know about that but I believe that calls the taxi as well. This way, they can drive their own car. I also just find it easier to use the cellphone.

Also yes, what AndrewGloria said. Sometimes they go to one community lot to do something, then move on to another one and then want to invite someone out. Sometimes they want to see who's there first. There are all sorts of situations. I routinely buy all my Sims cellphones. They're ubiquitous just like in real life. They buy them through Monique's hacked computer instead of going to a shop.
Alchemist
#28212 Old 18th Sep 2021 at 11:47 PM
I knew someone had written down the forum titles before (I had asked the same question, ):
Quote: Originally posted by TychoH
I researched it a bit... and it's mostly like the Science career for the Sims 1 and 2

The two lowest are Test Subject and Lab Assistant, just like the Science career, at least between 65-88 posts you can be both somehow? At least up until 207 you are a Lab Assistant. Afterward you become a:
Field Researcher, with at least 294-399 posts
Instructor (490-619), is the Science Teacher in the career
Forum Resident (634-700), the Project Leader in the career
Inventor (884)
Scholar (931-1,561)
Top Secret Researcher (1,570-1,993)
Theorist (2,099-2,213)
Alchemist (2,529-2,962), the Mad Scientist of the career
and (finally?) Mad Poster (3,105-8,301). There are some moderators and ex-moderators with 20,000+ posts and different titels, but that may just be their personal one.

It's got pretty much everything except that elusive Space Pony title. So, CASnarl, it looks like you'll be an Instructor next, if you do decide to post again.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Theorist
#28213 Old 18th Sep 2021 at 11:56 PM
I think the Mad Scientist is actually the Mad Poster title. I don't see the Spacy Pony one, and I'm pretty sure Science Teacher title doesn't exist? Unless they mean Instructor <=> Science Teacher...
Mad Poster
#28214 Old 19th Sep 2021 at 12:06 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 19th Sep 2021 at 3:13 AM.
Pretty sure the Mad Poster one continues beyond at least 10-15,000 (as proven by other fellow non-moderators with high post counts...). Unless of course there's a hidden tier somewhere beyond that.

If it started at 3100-ish, I think I've been a mad poster for quite some time...
Mad Poster
#28215 Old 19th Sep 2021 at 12:18 AM
So when do we get paid?

As for the number of posts, my personal number is (after this): 5,296

So does this signify anything? I rather doubt it.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Alchemist
#28216 Old 19th Sep 2021 at 12:25 AM
I think Mad Poster is the highest tier--if there was another tier, Jo definitely would have gotten it before. (Jo's probably the most prolific poster on the board.) Though she's got a custom title now, right? And Peni's post total is nothing to sneeze at either--15,952 but still a Mad Poster.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#28217 Old 19th Sep 2021 at 1:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
I think Mad Poster is the highest tier--if there was another tier, Jo definitely would have gotten it before. (Jo's probably the most prolific poster on the board.) Though she's got a custom title now, right? And Peni's post total is nothing to sneeze at either--15,952 but still a Mad Poster.

As far as I have seen (and yes I did check Simsamples post count as I believe they are closest) I still hold the record of most posts. I don't know how I do it since I only post 0-3 times per day I would say, even though it says I average 5. As of today, I have 28,561 posts! And yes, I have a custom title, you can set those as a moderator.

Post count use to be under our pictures but now you have to check post count on people's profiles.

~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#28218 Old 19th Sep 2021 at 1:39 AM
Does community time project not work in uni or is it just because i sent Ashley Pitts to a Pleasantview community lot not an SSU community lot? It's back to the time is was when he left. I just tried with Cyd Roseland and it said he'd be home in an hour so it does indeed work

Edit: Aww, I'm not a Space Pony anymore (I am in my heart!!!)
Mad Poster
#28219 Old 19th Sep 2021 at 3:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Post count use to be under our pictures but now you have to check post count on people's profiles.

You can click the + next to people's names, over their profile picture. No need to go to the profile page.
It shows how long the person has been a member, post count, achievement and thanks counts (if available), plus a follow button (if available).
Mad Poster
#28220 Old 19th Sep 2021 at 3:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CASnarl
Does community time project not work in uni or is it just because i sent Ashley Pitts to a Pleasantview community lot not an SSU community lot? It's back to the time is was when he left. I just tried with Cyd Roseland and it said he'd be home in an hour so it does indeed work

Edit: Aww, I'm not a Space Pony anymore (I am in my heart!!!)

CLT does not work in Uni, due to the fact (as Pescado once said more or less) that Uni is in it's own universe, where the time is separate from any other time in Sim Nation. Thus do not expect to have it work in Uni at all.

Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
Instructor
#28221 Old 19th Sep 2021 at 4:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
You can click the + next to people's names, over their profile picture. No need to go to the profile page.
It shows how long the person has been a member, post count, achievement and thanks counts (if available), plus a follow button (if available).

You learn something new everyday.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#28222 Old 19th Sep 2021 at 7:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22

So it does! I'm so unobservant.

~Call me Jo~
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#28223 Old 19th Sep 2021 at 9:12 AM
@joandsarah77 I think HystericalParoxysm had the post count title for a long time, but you have overtaken her!

For people who have been on this site since 2004 I think the actual post count must be a lot higher- as of course there was a community forum at one time too (Sims2Community) and a lot of posts were split off when Sexysims became a seperate site. Also as a moderator a lot of posts and tutorials I made were archived or turned into wiki articles, I can't access them at all so I assume those are gone from post count as well. So maybe Jo and I actually have a million posts!
Mad Poster
#28224 Old 19th Sep 2021 at 10:01 AM
Actually the post count should be higher anyway because I think the site had a couple of resets along the way, and I think that might have reset them. I do remember distinctly that there was a huge outage one year where people were asked to contribute any downloads of submitted downloads from their own stash to replace them.

But I fondly remember the year where we had an "April Fool's day" and the entire site had turned into Olde English. Also the one where our titles were Butterfly or Llama. Fun times!

This polar bear turned into a butterfly.

Top Secret Researcher
#28225 Old 19th Sep 2021 at 11:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by topp
Do your Sims already have a degree? I aged my Sim down using the fixed genie youth wish and they carried on with their studies just fine, having dropped out the first time.

Yes they already have a degree. Haven't tried with the genie lamp, i just used insimenator. Thanks for the link!

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Page 1129 of 1339