Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

S.A.M. - Sim Activated Machine

by Esmeralda Posted 23rd Feb 2016 at 2:44 PM - Updated 12th Jan 2020 at 9:02 AM by Esmeralda : No change, just edited to add to Personal Picks

54 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 20 Feedback Posts, 33 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#26 Old 4th Mar 2016 at 9:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simmiller
We have some serious fallout fans in our house, so when I saw this I got so excited! Great addition to the game!

Hee hee, yes, I made the weathered-looking brown recolour of SAM with ED-E in mind (I'm almost tempted to try to mesh a copy of ED-E itself for TS4, am thinking about it!). And remember, since sims have Inventories, you could get SAM Brown to carry things for your sim, like ED-E does in Fallout.
Quote: Originally posted by RomerJon17
I love those things in Fall out 4! :D

I don't have Fallout 4 yet, but I love it in Fallout New Vegas, so cute! Would love to have one in real life! (As well as being helpful for carrying stuff, its built-in flamethrower could also be handy for impromptu barbecues when summer comes!)

Thanks again, everyone
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 4th Mar 2016 at 9:27 PM
A great creation, beautiful and fun! Thank you very much for sharing! :lovestruc
Inventor
THANKS POST
#28 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 3:51 AM
This is a fantastic creation, thanks for sharing!!! Your description is very clear and solves a lot of questions, so that helps, too!! Simply amazing!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#29 Old 9th Mar 2016 at 12:07 PM
FallOut Fan!!!
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 9th Mar 2016 at 8:53 PM
What a unique creation! - Thank You so much for sharing

I have ideas of using these as a robotic 'teacher' in a school setting, or a 'guardian' for kids.

Just wondering also, would it be possible to change the age, so that the 'head' would float on the same level as the kid sims?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#31 Old 10th Mar 2016 at 12:03 PM Last edited by Esmeralda : 11th Mar 2016 at 8:09 PM.
It would be possible but would require quite a bit of work. You'd need to clone a child's hair mesh, a child's hat mesh, and a child's full outfit mesh, scale the SAM hat and head meshes down to child size and reposition them to sit at the level of a child's head, then replace the default children's hat and hair meshes with those. (And of course, also import all the SAM textures into your new package files.) You'd also need to reposition the one-poly null body mesh to child's head level so that it's not visible in game. It might be better to settle for teenagers rather than kids, as they're the same height as adults!

Glad you like the item, I think a robotic teacher or guardian would be a fun idea!

ETA: I mulled over the idea of some child-sized robots, and decided to make some - see here, hope the child-sized S.A.M.s will be useful for you! http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=574076
Scholar
THANKS POST
#32 Old 13th Mar 2016 at 5:20 AM
Love this Esmeralda, super cute and very different! Definitely will be using these as service NPCs around my town, thanks for sharing!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#33 Old 14th Mar 2016 at 11:28 AM
S.A.M. service NPCs sounds like a cute idea too! I might train one of them to be a bartender, could be amusing when they juggle the bottles.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#34 Old 20th May 2016 at 12:49 AM
Cute Eyebot. If only you could get the radio to play out of them instead of voices!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#35 Old 13th Jun 2016 at 12:31 PM
Awesome... I love ED-E from Fallout <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#36 Old 25th Jun 2016 at 3:02 AM
Oh wow! I love them! I'm actually writing a Fallout fanfiction, so this will just be so fun to play with in my off time. I'm so glad to have found your stuff, I'm on a cc binge right now! Thanks again.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#37 Old 22nd Dec 2016 at 2:14 PM
Thanks!!! I use it in my alien gameplay and is very cute! Sam sing very well.
Test Subject
#38 Old 13th Mar 2017 at 1:30 AM
Where do you find the antennas? All I can make my S.A.M.s wear are hats, and I want to make one of them have their antennae.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#39 Old 13th Mar 2017 at 11:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Awesomeguy2341
Where do you find the antennas? All I can make my S.A.M.s wear are hats, and I want to make one of them have their antennae.

I don't get what you mean, the antennae are part of their default head mesh, they don't need to be found. It might help for you to read the description again.

To reiterate: Their default heads are 'hats' with antennae on them. That's how they should look when you install them in your game. The alternative antennae-less head is a 'hat chop' hair, which these sims should only automatically switch to if you put a different hat on them, or when they are in the bath or spa. A hat chop is a hair specially made with the top missing so that the sim can wear a hat without their hair sticking out through it. In this case, the hat chop has the three top antennae missing so that the sim can wear a hat without antennae sticking out through it; the hat chop head is intended to make it look like the top antennae are 'retracted'. This is because it would look odd and wrong to have antennae just sticking out randomly through the fabric and structure of a hat.
Test Subject
#40 Old 13th Mar 2017 at 6:35 PM Last edited by Awesomeguy2341 : 13th Mar 2017 at 6:55 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Esmeralda
I don't get what you mean, the antennae are part of their default head mesh, they don't need to be found. It might help for you to read the description again.

-snip-

What I'm saying is I can only make sims have the hat chop.
No other version. Much confused.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#41 Old 14th Mar 2017 at 11:13 AM Last edited by Esmeralda : 14th Mar 2017 at 7:11 PM.
What I'm saying is I can only make sims have the hat chop.
No other version. Much confused.

Hi again, well, I just fired up a new game, picked two of the SAMs at random in CAS, made them into a two-SAM household, and moved them into a new house. They work fine for me, with their full heads intact. Below are the two sims in CAS, and in front of their new house. In both CAS and in-game, they have all their antennae by default, no user intervention needed, which is as it should be.

I don't know what to suggest except to make sure you copied all three .package files into your Mods folder including Esmeralda_S.A.M.RobotHatHead.package which is the one that includes the 3-antennaed hat head, that you're using a legit copy of TS4 and not a 'cracked' one and that it is patched up to date, and that you're not using some sort of weird mod that causes hats not to work for some reason. Hope you can get it working!
Test Subject
#42 Old 14th Mar 2017 at 11:42 PM Last edited by Awesomeguy2341 : 15th Mar 2017 at 2:10 AM.
I don't know what to suggest except to make sure you copied all three .package files into your Mods folder including Esmeralda_S.A.M.RobotHatHead.package which is the one that includes the 3-antennaed hat head.

I just checked my installed mods in-game and it says I have Esmeralda_S.A.M.RobotHatHead installed, yet, no matter what I do, it still hides from me.
I don't know if it's some technical bull, or if it just hates me. Even though I find the little guys cuter in hats, I'd like them to show their antennae.
EDIT: I just tried it with only the S.A.M. stuff, still no fracking antennae.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#43 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 11:27 AM
I just checked my installed mods in-game and it says I have Esmeralda_S.A.M.RobotHatHead installed, yet, no matter what I do, it still hides from me.
I don't know if it's some technical bull, or if it just hates me. Even though I find the little guys cuter in hats, I'd like them to show their antennae.
EDIT: I just tried it with only the S.A.M. stuff, still no fracking antennae.

Well, that's strange. The only things I can think to try are 1) re-download the zip file in case its contents got corrupted somehow during downloading, and replace the hat head package with the newly downloaded one, 2) be sure that all the package files are in your Mods folder and that the hat head is not mistakenly in your Tray folder, as turned out to be the case with one or two people who downloaded some of my other sims and their cc wasn't showing in game. Also 3) if you've put the packages in a subfolder within your Mods folder rather than in your base Mods folder itself, sometimes that causes things to not work.
Banned
THANKS POST
#44 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 12:34 AM
it's like the floating robot in flubber!!
Test Subject
#45 Old 6th Jul 2017 at 6:18 AM
can you tell me where did you get the pink robot from?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#46 Old 6th Jul 2017 at 2:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fenyx1200
can you tell me where did you get the pink robot from?

She's assembled from my TS3 Plumbots conversion: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=554364
Test Subject
#47 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 4:45 AM
Well, that's strange. The only things I can think to try are 1) re-download the zip file in case its contents got corrupted somehow during downloading, and replace the hat head package with the newly downloaded one, 2) be sure that all the package files are in your Mods folder and that the hat head is not mistakenly in your Tray folder, as turned out to be the case with one or two people who downloaded some of my other sims and their cc wasn't showing in game. Also 3) if you've put the packages in a subfolder within your Mods folder rather than in your base Mods folder itself, sometimes that causes things to not work.

I'm running into the same problem. Here's what I did.

I filtered every category for custom content an I was only able to find the two files. I was an able to find the location of the S.A.M with the upper head spikes. I even went as far as removing all previously installed custom content in case it was a compatibility issue. Also I can't seem to locate the premade household files that I installed in the game. I extracted them from the zip file directly into the tray folder. No luck.
Any ideas? Your help is greatly appreciated.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#48 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 11:59 AM Last edited by Esmeralda : 9th Feb 2018 at 1:06 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by jimbolj
I'm running into the same problem. ...
Any ideas? Your help is greatly appreciated.

No ideas, sorry. Works fine in my game.

My game is a 'clean' game - I don't use any mods, and the only cc I use is my own creations, so I have nothing that conflicts with anything else, and I always keep my game patched up to date. If this item isn't working for someone even with no other mods or cc installed, the only reasons I can think of is either a pirated game or a game that hasn't been patched since before I made this item, which was a very long time ago. Or that the hat package in the zip file got corrupted while downloading, so try downloading again, or that the user put the hat package somewhere other than the Mods folder.

Both heads are found in CAS as follows. The 'Hat' is the full everyday head with all the antennae, the 'Hairstyle' is the no-antennae-on-top version for wearing with hats and which stays on in the bath.

And here they are moving into a house with all their antennae intact:

ETA: Are you going into your Library and selecting a SAM sim, as seen below, which is what you should be doing? Or are you taking a random sim and then going off hunting for the hair, hat and body to put on them manually, which is what you should NOT be doing? If you select my premade SAM sims, they should work correctly. Putting together a random sim yourself may not work as intended.

Screenshots
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#49 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 2:27 PM
Awesome! I love the Fallout-series.
Test Subject
#50 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 7:39 AM
Default Oh, okay
ETA: Are you going into your Library and selecting a SAM sim, as seen below, which is what you should be doing? Or are you taking a random sim and then going off hunting for the hair, hat and body to put on them manually, which is what you should NOT be doing? If you select my premade SAM sims, they should work correctly. Putting together a random sim yourself may not work as intended.
Oh. It works fine now. Thank you.
Page 2 of 3