Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#476 Old 21st Jul 2015 at 2:55 PM
@little_spitfire_fae: Unfortunately, I have similar problems with the opportunities. Haven't quite been able to resolve them personally yet :/
@queenoftheswans: I've looked at your file and found the problem - the FullClassName wasn't quite correct, so I've changed it and it should work perfectly now! :D
Attached files:
File Type: zip  FIXED Dancer Career.zip (13.9 KB, 12 downloads) - View custom content

Visit MissyHissy's Job Centre and MissyHissy's Job Centre Forum for additional career help.
Visit MissyHissy's Irish Dance Studio
The Daily Plumbob, a Sims 4 Gameplay blog
Advertisement
Test Subject
#477 Old 16th Aug 2015 at 2:38 AM
OK, so I need some help. I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to get the FNV Hash window to come up. I know it is possible, but I am running the latest version of S3PE, with a somewhat different interface, so I am lost. At the top, I have a "Open Package" button, a "New Package" button, a "Save" button, a "Save As" button, a "Add New Resource" button, a "Filter" button, and an "Edit" button. There is no tools option. Any help?
Test Subject
#478 Old 13th Sep 2015 at 12:35 AM
Hi guys. I've found this thread and I would ask you a question. I would create my first career, but I'm using also Zerbu UltimateCareer to swich rabbit holes with "real" buildings. With that mod, you can get promotions using some objects (i.e. all sport stuff for athletic career). Based on what I read in the thread and the wiki, I think that i can't combine this feature with a custom career (there's no place in the code where I can put this). But if I create a new skill that increase while using some objects and I set it as the only metric for my career, it should work. Is that something doable or there's an error in what I'm thinking? Moreover, is it possible to create such a skill? Thanks a lot.
Lab Assistant
#479 Old 28th Oct 2015 at 2:50 PM
doblone, I think you can create a new skill, and a new career as long as the career works with an ea building. You must test the career with the ea building to make sure it works first. Then with the new career you need to use either an ea building, or a blank rabbit hole rug, or an custom rabbithole rug or a custom door. I hope this helped.
Lab Assistant
#480 Old 28th Oct 2015 at 2:53 PM
I have a quick question. When making one of my careers, I do not want any coworkers. i.e. Santa Clause career. Can I put 0 in the area Min/Max for coworkers?
Test Subject
#481 Old 25th Nov 2015 at 4:25 AM
Hello. I'm new to this so perhaps somebody here can help me. I'm having trouble getting the STBL creator to work. I tried to install it as a program, but it acts like its getting ready to install then quits. Is there something else I need to have installed to get this to work?

I'm using Windows 8.1, by the way. I tried it on my computer with Windows 7, and it does the same thing.
Test Subject
#482 Old 9th Dec 2015 at 2:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sharon Rose Black
Hello. I'm new to this so perhaps somebody here can help me. I'm having trouble getting the STBL creator to work. I tried to install it as a program, but it acts like its getting ready to install then quits. Is there something else I need to have installed to get this to work?

I'm using Windows 8.1, by the way. I tried it on my computer with Windows 7, and it does the same thing.

You have to drag the file on top of the STBL program and then it will create the strings file in the same folder as the file that you dropped on top of it. In other words, you can't just open and run the STBL program on its own.
Test Subject
#483 Old 2nd Jan 2016 at 4:35 PM
Hey everyone, I hope I'm in the right place. I want to try and make a custom career but I've read responses here that the original tutorial has errors in it. Does anyone know where I can find one that doesn't? I've never modded before so I was wondering where I can find a tutorial that's equally well written but, you know, doesn't have errors. Thanks in advance
Scholar
#484 Old 4th Jan 2016 at 12:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by t1gercat
Hey everyone, I hope I'm in the right place. I want to try and make a custom career but I've read responses here that the original tutorial has errors in it. Does anyone know where I can find one that doesn't? I've never modded before so I was wondering where I can find a tutorial that's equally well written but, you know, doesn't have errors. Thanks in advance

You may have already seen it, but I wrote one HERE that has no errors (a couple of friends have used it with no problems).

Visit MissyHissy's Job Centre and MissyHissy's Job Centre Forum for additional career help.
Test Subject
#485 Old 5th Jan 2016 at 3:28 AM
So I *think* I did everything the way the mod described and my career just isn't showing up in the designated rabbithole (Mausoleum). Is there something simple I'm probably doing wrong? I can also upload my file if that is helpful.
Scholar
#486 Old 5th Jan 2016 at 12:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cscorpia
So I *think* I did everything the way the mod described and my career just isn't showing up in the designated rabbithole (Mausoleum). Is there something simple I'm probably doing wrong? I can also upload my file if that is helpful.

If you upload the file, I can take a look for you!

Test Subject
#487 Old 5th Jan 2016 at 1:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by missyhissy
If you upload the file, I can take a look for you!

Thanks! Sorry, I wish I could be more descriptive but all I've got is that it's just not showing up.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Priest_Career.zip (11.7 KB, 5 downloads) - View custom content
Scholar
#488 Old 5th Jan 2016 at 3:20 PM
Thanks! Sorry, I wish I could be more descriptive but all I've got is that it's just not showing up.

Okay, I've had a look for you and the only minor typo I could see in your.Careers file was one set of the Mapings used '.' instead of ','
Minor, I know, but that might be what stopped the career showing up. I wouldn't imagine so, but then often the smallest error stops the career working.
I've fixed it for you, so test this version in game and see what happens.

If it doesn't work, can you show me a script error, if one is generated, please?
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Priest_Career.zip (11.6 KB, 4 downloads) - View custom content
Description: *Hopefully* Fixed!

Test Subject
#489 Old 5th Jan 2016 at 3:50 PM
Okay, I've had a look for you and the only minor typo I could see in your.Careers file was one set of the Mapings used '.' instead of ','
Minor, I know, but that might be what stopped the career showing up. I wouldn't imagine so, but then often the smallest error stops the career working.
I've fixed it for you, so test this version in game and see what happens.

If it doesn't work, can you show me a script error, if one is generated, please?

It didn't show up, and there's no script error. I wish it was a bit of a "louder" error. I saw earlier in this thread that one of your custom careers was doing this and eventually showed up, so I'm wondering if I play for a little while whether that will happen.

Not sure if this is helpful, but it isn't showing up when I shift-click on the mailbox (testingcheatsenabled true) and pick set career, although none of the Nraas custom careers show up there either, nor is it showing up as a career option in Story Progression.
Scholar
#490 Old 5th Jan 2016 at 4:50 PM
It didn't show up, and there's no script error. I wish it was a bit of a "louder" error. I saw earlier in this thread that one of your custom careers was doing this and eventually showed up, so I'm wondering if I play for a little while whether that will happen.

Not sure if this is helpful, but it isn't showing up when I shift-click on the mailbox (testingcheatsenabled true) and pick set career, although none of the Nraas custom careers show up there either, nor is it showing up as a career option in Story Progression.

Boy do I hate errors like this
Do any of your other custom careers show up in game?

Test Subject
#491 Old 5th Jan 2016 at 5:18 PM

This is the first one I've built, but the other Nraas custom careers show up. I'm about to download a custom career from here and test it.

Edit: The Preacher career from here showed up. Again, not sure if this is helpful but Priest_career does not show up in the list of mods when the game loads.
Test Subject
#492 Old 5th Jan 2016 at 5:52 PM Last edited by cscorpia : 5th Jan 2016 at 6:30 PM.

Okay, I may have done something really simple wrong. I went back and switched something in my unhashed keys because I have branches, but didn't switch the FNV values. I hope this fixes it.

Edit: It did not fix it.
Scholar
#493 Old 5th Jan 2016 at 6:41 PM
This is the first one I've built, but the other Nraas custom careers show up. I'm about to download a custom career from here and test it.

Edit: The Preacher career from here showed up. Again, not sure if this is helpful but Priest_career does not show up in the list of mods when the game loads.

You did use a BLANK template, didn't you? I only ask because I've noticed in your .Careers file, you're for Tennis_pic etc. It's not matching up to your Priest_pic. Or did you use the Tennis career as a base? I doubt it'd make a difference but it's a thought.

Test Subject
#494 Old 5th Jan 2016 at 6:43 PM
You did use a BLANK template, didn't you? I only ask because I've noticed in your .Careers file, you're for Tennis_pic etc. It's not matching up to your Priest_pic. Or did you use the Tennis career as a base? I doubt it'd make a difference but it's a thought.

I think I used the BLANK template, but I often cross-checked with Nraas Mobster and Tennis to make sure I was doing it right.
Test Subject
#495 Old 5th Jan 2016 at 6:57 PM
I think I used the BLANK template, but I often cross-checked with Nraas Mobster and Tennis to make sure I was doing it right.

For reference, here is the updated file. I've changed the Tennis pic references to reference Priest pic. I still have no idea why it's not showing up...
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Priest_Career.zip (11.8 KB, 4 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
#496 Old 5th Jan 2016 at 7:39 PM
So I tried making a Dominican-only version of the mod (instead of the branches) and that didn't show up either. I also switched the rabbithole to City Hall; still didn't show up. Finally, I re-downloaded Nraas Careers, still no luck.
Scholar
#497 Old 5th Jan 2016 at 7:42 PM
So I tried making a Dominican-only version of the mod (instead of the branches) and that didn't show up either. I also switched the rabbithole to City Hall; still didn't show up. Finally, I re-downloaded Nraas Careers, still no luck.

It might be worth starting over with a fresh BLANK template. It's irritating but I've had to do that a couple of times in the past and it usually helps.

Test Subject
#498 Old 5th Jan 2016 at 8:38 PM
It might be worth starting over with a fresh BLANK template. It's irritating but I've had to do that a couple of times in the past and it usually helps.

Yeah, at this point that's probably all that's left. Thanks for your help!
Scholar
#499 Old 5th Jan 2016 at 9:04 PM
Yeah, at this point that's probably all that's left. Thanks for your help!

Any time! Fingers are crossed for you!

Test Subject
#500 Old 5th Jan 2016 at 9:48 PM
Any time! Fingers are crossed for you!

Update: YAY I got a Script Error! Never thought I'd be excited about that.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Priest Career_Dominicans Only.zip (16.0 KB, 5 downloads) - View custom content
Page 20 of 23