Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Aug 2019 at 12:02 AM
Default CFE Fail? What can I do to fix this?
I'm working on building a world, and I used the skylights to create this really cool pyramid for my "airport" (base camp lot). I needed 9 total levels to make it look right, so I raised the terrain in the middle to an exact amount so I could place the 3 additional levels of skylights above the "top" of the pyramid. I've noticed while in EIG that when I'm on a nearby lot looking at the airport, it appears that there's a hole in the levels - like a level of skylights is missing, but when I'm actually on the airport lot, the hole is not there and the skylights appear as normal. Anyone have any tips or ideas on how I can make this look right when not on the lot but looking at it? Or is this just an EIG bug that I don't need to worry about? Pictures attached...
Screenshots
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 28th Aug 2019 at 1:28 AM
It looks great. The look at a distance has to do with LOD or level of detail. As you get further away from any object in the game, it looks more blurry. It looks like that out in the real workd as well. If there is anything you can do about it's uneven look I don't know.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Aug 2019 at 4:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
It looks great. The look at a distance has to do with LOD or level of detail. As you get further away from any object in the game, it looks more blurry. It looks like that out in the real workd as well. If there is anything you can do about it's uneven look I don't know.

Thank you! So I actually ended up tearing it down and rebuilding it anyway; It wasn't centered on the lot and that was driving me crazy, and I restructured it a bit so as to not need the additional levels, so problem solved. V2 is much better I think.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 28th Aug 2019 at 9:41 PM
Those are the Store skylights right? I've been very eager to try building something with those because they have a cool sci-fi look that I want to do more with. They don't build with space frames a lot anymore, because they're impossible to keep clean, but it's a big retrofuturism thing. You get really cool shadows out of it.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Sep 2019 at 3:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AGuyCalledPi
Those are the Store skylights right? I've been very eager to try building something with those because they have a cool sci-fi look that I want to do more with. They don't build with space frames a lot anymore, because they're impossible to keep clean, but it's a big retrofuturism thing. You get really cool shadows out of it.

Yes, the ones from the store. And the shadows are definitely awesome!