Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Dolphin's Business Adjuster -- Now With Freebie Purging 4/20/2006

by dolphin26 Posted 5th Mar 2006 at 11:57 PM - Updated 5th Mar 2008 at 2:00 AM by dolphin26 : keywords

164 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 159 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 7
Test Subject
#76 Old 11th Mar 2006 at 2:18 PM
Default Yes!
I have OFB but i can never get higher ranks cos the sims are stupid...

YAY Cheating is the only way to win...

<The CoSmIc AnAcOnDa LoVeS YoU AlL>
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#77 Old 11th Mar 2006 at 3:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by didinnedidinne
I am ennuyed because i downloaded your game modification, i install, i play with a house and a sim, no problem, but when i click on another house directly or when my sim go to is community lot my game chrash on desktop. I put out you game modification and all is good. Please what is wrong ?
(sorry for my bad english)

I doubt it has anything with my hack, because it isn't a global hack. It doesn't override anything that already exists in the game, it only adds the new object, and the code in this hack only gets run if you actually interact with the object.
#78 Old 11th Mar 2006 at 10:50 PM
hi
ok i downloaded your object and then unziped the file and double clicked it and said chose a custom content to install im like "what the omg" i tryed so many times can u help me
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 12th Mar 2006 at 12:30 AM
this will help me so much! thank you very much!
Forum Resident
#80 Old 12th Mar 2006 at 1:28 AM
Works beautifully..Now would like to change the rank from a ? to a 10 rank...Can you do this too? :baloons: :bandit:

"This too shall pass, I shall walk and not become weary, I shall run and not faint, I shall mount up with wings like and eagle and fly."
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#81 Old 12th Mar 2006 at 1:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by anglesims2
Works beautifully..Now would like to change the rank from a ? to a 10 rank...Can you do this too? :baloons: :bandit:

Maybe, but I'm not sure it's a good fit. I think overall business rank is a function of your individual customer's ratings. More likely would be a way to make a specific sim rate your business higher, which would, in turn, bolster you overall rank if you apply it to enough sims. Still, I'm not sure I feel the need for doing this in my game. Between using a please-me plant (either Inge's or my update, if you have Servos) and this object, it's pretty easy to get a high ranking business in very little time.
#82 Old 12th Mar 2006 at 3:10 AM
Nice idea but it wouldn't show up for me. I have all the expansion packs and no other custom content installed.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#83 Old 12th Mar 2006 at 5:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Myth
Nice idea but it wouldn't show up for me. I have all the expansion packs and no other custom content installed.

Read the instructions, at the bottom.
#84 Old 14th Mar 2006 at 1:59 PM
I downloaded the adjuster and read all of the instructions for how and where to install and find it in the game but it doesn't show up in the inventory.

Do you have any suggestions as to what could be wrong as so many people have used it so I know it's not a problem with the file.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#85 Old 14th Mar 2006 at 10:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mrsdrutter
I downloaded the adjuster and read all of the instructions for how and where to install and find it in the game but it doesn't show up in the inventory.

Do you have any suggestions as to what could be wrong as so many people have used it so I know it's not a problem with the file.

Not really. Do you have any other custom content in your game?
#86 Old 14th Mar 2006 at 10:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dolphin26
Not really. Do you have any other custom content in your game?

No I have no other custom content in the Sims2 or OFB game.
When the menu comes up after the game loads I leave it disabled (although I have tried it enabled with no effect either!!)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#87 Old 15th Mar 2006 at 7:34 PM Last edited by dolphin26 : 15th Mar 2006 at 7:39 PM.
No I have no other custom content in the Sims2 or OFB game.
When the menu comes up after the game loads I leave it disabled (although I have tried it enabled with no effect either!!)

If you disable it, it definitely won't work! You do realize this is what you would be disabling, don't you? Also, until you get at least some other content working in your game, it's likely you are doing something wrong, like putting the file in the wrong place or putting the zip file directly in downloads instead of the pacage file. You might try using the Q-Xpress installer if you can't get it to work manually, that tool does it automatically.
#88 Old 15th Mar 2006 at 9:30 PM
If you disable it, it definitely won't work! You do realize this is what you would be disabling, don't you? Also, until you get at least some other content working in your game, it's likely you are doing something wrong, like putting the file in the wrong place or putting the zip file directly in downloads instead of the pacage file. You might try using the Q-Xpress installer if you can't get it to work manually, that tool does it automatically.

I have enabled the custom content as I mentioned before, other downloads which I have now got from the official EA site are working in the game but the business adjuster still is not. All downloads are in the same place in my sims folder.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#89 Old 15th Mar 2006 at 10:13 PM
I have enabled the custom content as I mentioned before, other downloads which I have now got from the official EA site are working in the game but the business adjuster still is not. All downloads are in the same place in my sims folder.

Make sure you've downloaded the latest version and that you are looking in the correct place: Under decorative/sculptures. If that doesn't work, I'm not sure what the problem is. Many people are using it without problems.
Test Subject
#90 Old 16th Mar 2006 at 12:09 AM
Dolphin26, I'm very happy with this hack!!!!
It works perfectly!! Great job!!

Hugs from Ria , living in Amsterdam (the Netherlands)
Test Subject
#91 Old 16th Mar 2006 at 11:17 AM
maybe an option to give all gold badges to employees, it would be cool because I want to pay and not control them. Thanks for this hack
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#92 Old 16th Mar 2006 at 3:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Davidoff76
maybe an option to give all gold badges to employees, it would be cool because I want to pay and not control them. Thanks for this hack

Ah, yes that is an idea, but you probably don't want to give employees all the gold badges because then their salary would be through the roof! You generally want your employees to only have the badges you expect them to use on the job, otherwise they become quite expensive.

What you probably want to do is use the mind control mirror to take control of the employee, then use the maxis badge juicer to give the employee just the badges you need. And double check with the employee report that they aren't ready to quit afterwards; you might need to up their salary.

I suspect you should use the mind control mirror to take control of the employee rather than the insiminator because I believe the mind control mirror will do a better job of resetting the employee back to employee status after your done. I actually have an unpublished hack that combines the best of both these hacks from a sim selecting point of view which I use, and I'll be publishing that hack later this week on MTS2.
Test Subject
#93 Old 17th Mar 2006 at 10:13 AM
Ah, yes that is an idea, but you probably don't want to give employees all the gold badges because then their salary would be through the roof! You generally want your employees to only have the badges you expect them to use on the job, otherwise they become quite expensive.

What you probably want to do is use the mind control mirror to take control of the employee, then use the maxis badge juicer to give the employee just the badges you need. And double check with the employee report that they aren't ready to quit afterwards; you might need to up their salary.

I suspect you should use the mind control mirror to take control of the employee rather than the insiminator because I believe the mind control mirror will do a better job of resetting the employee back to employee status after your done. I actually have an unpublished hack that combines the best of both these hacks from a sim selecting point of view which I use, and I'll be publishing that hack later this week on MTS2.

Ok, thanks I will use Mind Control Mirror but I will download your hack when it will be posted.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#94 Old 17th Mar 2006 at 5:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Davidoff76
Ok, thanks I will use Mind Control Mirror but I will download your hack when it will be posted.

It is posted, here:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=140314
Forum Resident
#95 Old 18th Mar 2006 at 6:17 AM
What about the rank system of up to 10 ranks??? Can you add this menu too? Thank you! :dmille: :dmille: :dmille:

"This too shall pass, I shall walk and not become weary, I shall run and not faint, I shall mount up with wings like and eagle and fly."
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#96 Old 19th Mar 2006 at 11:37 PM Last edited by jaxad0127 : 20th Mar 2006 at 6:35 PM.
For the customer wealth, I've been studying the Whats your Wealth social (it displays wealth as one to three simoleon signs) and I believe I know how it does it:
Code:
Temp0 := Sim's Family ID
Temp1 := 0x0
Temp4 := 0x64

Generic Sims Call 0x3E

Temp0 := (0x3A98 / 0x2710) mod 0x2710
Temp1 := 0x1388

Temp2 > Temp0, Wealth level 3
Temp2 == Temp0 && Temp3 >= Temp1, Wealth level 3

Temp0 := (0x1388 / 0x2710) mod 0x2710
Temp1 := 0x1388

Temp2 > Temp0, Wealth level 2
Temp2 == Temp0 && Temp3 >= Temp1, Wealth level 2

Wealth level 1

Just remember, for the purposess of buisnesses, townies (family id 0x7FFF, 0x7FFE or 0x7FFC) have unlimited funds.

By the way, nice hack.

Please don't PM me with questions. Post them in the appropriate thread.
Test Subject
#97 Old 20th Mar 2006 at 12:47 AM
do i need to enable custum content in order for this to work.. - pleas reply..

i liek this hack so much but whenever i enable custum content.. i cnat quit LOL like i click the three dots.. then the buttons arnt buttonized.. and u cnat clik on them.. so.. yha.
#98 Old 20th Mar 2006 at 8:38 AM
sorry to ask this of you, but is there any way that someone can make a hack that will stop the person at the cashier from daydreaming? My sims just stand there while the customers are waiting, often resulting in the customer throwing their bags down and my customer loyalty going down.....
Test Subject
#99 Old 20th Mar 2006 at 1:43 PM
Thanks! This is really great!!!!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#100 Old 20th Mar 2006 at 1:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chaossama
sorry to ask this of you, but is there any way that someone can make a hack that will stop the person at the cashier from daydreaming? My sims just stand there while the customers are waiting, often resulting in the customer throwing their bags down and my customer loyalty going down.....

You should post this idea in the global hack request forum: http://www.modthesims2.com/forumdisplay.php?f=280. This isn't my style of hack because it modifies global BHAVs, but there are others here that do this type of stuff. Lately Squinge has done a bunch of similar hacks.
Page 4 of 7