Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#76 Old 9th Dec 2006 at 1:58 AM
I like the sound of both Autumn and Fall though Autumn sounds better and makes more sense (I'm American BTW and grew up on hearing Fall instead of Autumn) When I was little, I thought Autumn was some type of special season. LOL!

Hopefully, this game doesn't disappoint us like Pets did even though I've never played Pets and never will. I was hoping that we'd get more than just Seasons and we will! The game is not 100% finished, so they might change, take out, or add in new features by the time the game is released. Hopefully they add more stuff than take out.

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#77 Old 9th Dec 2006 at 2:06 AM
I hope none of it is taken out! All the stuff they've got is awesome.

It was mentioned in the TSR report that gardening might be a chore, but from the Sims1 it didn't take up too much time and if you didn't like it, you didn't use it. You could still buy food. Personally I'm thrilled to have it back.
Test Subject
#78 Old 9th Dec 2006 at 4:02 AM
Wow. I havnt been this excited for an expansion pack in a long time. Not even pets got me this excited. But if maxis pulls this off right, this might be the best one they ever did.

I am so relived they considered custom content and the snow. Just imagine the horrors if they didnt. Also now with the new option the change the hair for different outfits i can actually use the bed head hair i downloaded.

The only thing i am actually worried about is the lag. The weather will probably lag it quite a bit.

If people could read my mind they would go slowly insane....O__o
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 9th Dec 2006 at 10:20 PM
I'm pretty pleased with how this ep looks. Pets kind of sucked, (as did uni in my humble opinion- I bought it purely so that my sims could play guitar)but I can see myself really enjoying this. I've always wanted weather, and there'll be a lot of new animations, as well as a penguin! I am a sucker for penguins, so that'll be fun. I'm a bit worried though, because the eps are very close together and I don't want to wait for all the hacks in the world to be updated again.

*counter culture since '03 and counting*

"LMAO wtf r u syaing?!!1!"
The above sentence is not english. I only understand english. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 9th Dec 2006 at 11:29 PM
this pack looks interesting, but pets was definitely a let down... I dont want to like seasons too much and then find out it actually sucks XP I still havent worked out all the hack problems in pets, because there's so much to do to fix everything and I have better things to do with my time. not only that, but pets don't really add much besides an alternative income Hopefully the way snow falls on custom objects too is a sign that they're considering how new code will conflict with our hacks.
#81 Old 9th Dec 2006 at 11:45 PM
I am just SO hoping that they don't take a bunch of stuff out and try to save it for some stupid stuff pack.
Test Subject
#82 Old 10th Dec 2006 at 12:05 PM
I am curious to know if the harvestable veggies/crops that are in inseason will either interfere or be incompatible with the user created ones that I have downloaded( can't remember who created them I think I downloaded them from tsr and they are available at modthesims2 as well-it has a picnic basket)
#83 Old 10th Dec 2006 at 1:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by idontnoWHOiam
this pack looks interesting, but pets was definitely a let down... I dont want to like seasons too much and then find out it actually sucks XP I still havent worked out all the hack problems in pets, because there's so much to do to fix everything and I have better things to do with my time. not only that, but pets don't really add much besides an alternative income Hopefully the way snow falls on custom objects too is a sign that they're considering how new code will conflict with our hacks.

The snow DOES fall on custom objects too : )
Instructor
#84 Old 10th Dec 2006 at 6:44 PM
I'll probably buy this ep as soon as I can, discover it has a few glitches, live with them (the diagonal roofs on pets sink into the lower walls in my houses, but I don't care; I never use them anyway!), dislike some stuff, like a lot more, and overall enjoy it. It is pretty much impossible for me to not like an ep for the sims 2. I love the game. And besides, what Maxis doesn't have in the ep I can always download from somewhere else. I looked at pictures of the new "country" themed sets and then yesterday I downloaded the next part to the antique sets from 4eversimfantasy, a bathroom. Totally spaced... Anywho, this ep looks awesome. And if Maxis plays their cards right, and tests it as much as possible before release, I think that they have a winner. Like, take all of the oscars winner, win every reality tv show/contest that you're on winner. Like win the lottery worth 50 million bucks winner. This ep will be awesome! I can't wait!

Ciao,
~M~
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 10th Dec 2006 at 8:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Miko
The snow DOES fall on custom objects too : )

I know, I mean the snow falling on custom objects might be a sign XP I guess I didn't word it right
Lab Assistant
#86 Old 12th Dec 2006 at 2:05 PM
I will buy it right away - I can't wait. I really limit my downloads and hacks and never really have any proplems with eps. Now and again I need a patch but for the most part the eps don't break my stuff. I'm looking forward to the different seasons and the new build options. If they just made eps or packs that contained nothing but building items, new clothes, furniture and hair etc I would be happy. I find Uni and OFB too much work. I think it would be great if they came out with an expansion that allowed you to adjust the Sims bodies similar to Pets it would be great. I could have a pot bellied old man or a small breasted woman with a huge *** - I think it would be great if we could make the people a little more varied - I am not happy with the normal/fat choices we are limited to.
Test Subject
#87 Old 12th Dec 2006 at 8:29 PM
The most I've ever managed to wait before buying an EP was a couple of weeks. I always have to wait a bit just to read up on any disastrous bugs or whatever, but it looks like I'm going to have to limit my waiting period to one day for this one. It looks too damn good.

I don't think I've ever expected too much from EPs and I don't assume there will be anything I don't see in screenshots, but even going on what I've seen and read so far I'm eager to buy it.

And I'm looking forward to what I've bought every EP so far for - new options. 'Stuff' is just an added bonus (but I have to say the stuff is looking nice for Weather. Yay, the return of the hula lamp!).
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 13th Dec 2006 at 8:26 AM
Oh, I'm so getting it. I realized that I kind of want it more than I want Pets ..

Shoo, stop staring at this and go fly a kite.
Field Researcher
#89 Old 13th Dec 2006 at 1:18 PM
I'm with you joeySimzee. It's great to have pets ... but WEATHER! Did you see the screenshot of the snowfall near the steps? It reminded me of winter in upstate NY. *happy sigh*
Test Subject
#90 Old 13th Dec 2006 at 4:49 PM
Wow!! THIS is the EP I'm waiting for! Now I'm glad I didn't buy OFB and Pets. I'll be able to have room for this one. But...I always wait until a patch comes out before buying new EPs so.....yeah.
Scholar
#91 Old 16th Dec 2006 at 10:09 PM
Why don't you people get some information before
disliking this ep. :eviltongu
I reccomend that you read the review found on the sims resource
before deciding what you think.
I believe that it will be a great expansion. It has so many new features
that I think will be great. :gidea:
I have decided to give maxis a chance for this one.
I've never been this excited about an expansion before! Honest! :yippee:

Here's a link for the sims resource review. Enjoy!

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Instructor
#92 Old 17th Dec 2006 at 6:11 AM
WOW!! Now I really can't wait! Let's see if I can buy a time machine-thingy on ebay here... *opens up website*

Ciao,
~M~
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#93 Old 18th Dec 2006 at 7:31 PM
I'm probably going to get this. I do wonder what will break. (Perhaps one of those luck few who got to play the game could answer this: ) If there are lighting effects (such as things have an orange tint or coloring in Fall) as I have read somewhere, how will this affect the sunset/sunrise of the Radiance Mods?

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
#94 Old 22nd Dec 2006 at 8:16 PM
I'm definitely in the "what will it break" crowd.

After looking over the description, I see MANY potential mod and hack conflicts. Then again some of the mods (assuming they work) could have some rather ...errr... interesting results (C-boys nudist hack during a snowstorm comes to mind) :wise:

I'm also wondering if/how much of a performance hit the new weather will have on older machines.

Finally, throw Windows Vista into the equation, since it's going to hit the shelves at the end of January. I doubt it's going to make much of a difference Sims-wise, but one never knows :claw:

Still, if all the issues can be worked through, it will add a much needed dimension to the game.

What I'm curious about is the expansion mentioned on Simszone that is supposed to follow Seasons!
#95 Old 22nd Dec 2006 at 8:19 PM
I'll probably wait to buy it. It looks pretty interesting, but I'm not too sure if it's worth buying yet.
Test Subject
#96 Old 23rd Dec 2006 at 4:42 AM
Meh, I don't know, sounds boring. I've never liked the idea of weather in Sims. . .and to base a whole expansion around it. . .

Then again, I felt the same way about OFB, and it's my favorite EP so far, so we'll see!
Instructor
#97 Old 23rd Dec 2006 at 4:05 PM
I'm really looking forward to it. I've always wanted weather in the Sims, and all the little extras we already know really appeal to me - like gardening, sims being affected by weather, the new seasonal activities, etc.

I hope they incorporate something else in with it, like a holiday option. I got bored of Pets really fast because all it introduced was Pets. I wanted more.

I've always bought the expansions very soon after they are released and have never had any issues. Besides, a one off bug where my fridge wouldn't restock, and my Sim stayed on her dorm lot even though she was ordered to go to an exam.
#98 Old 24th Dec 2006 at 12:17 PM
I'll buy it <3
I've been wanting MAXIS to release this kind of expansion. I'm not to worried with CC as long as my custom outfits and hairstyles keep working (considering after installing Pets, most of my furnitures disappeared.) But heck, I'm just hoping this one won't kill my PC (though I believe it will with all the weather effects and stuffs.)
Test Subject
#99 Old 24th Dec 2006 at 5:36 PM
I feel so happy and I am so looking forward to it. I'm not worried. I am going to buy it immediatly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111
#100 Old 26th Dec 2006 at 3:14 AM
I am really excited about this EP. What I love about it is it affects my sims' everyday lives. What I didn't like about OFB and Uni was that I HAD to get a home business or go to college to experience most of the content of the EP. I don't like that. I want my EP to affect al of my sims all the time - so I can experience it the majority of the time that I'm playing rather than a little bit of it. This EP will do it.

I have to admit that I hated Vacation in the sims1, and I thought this EP sounded horrible. But after seeing what it is about I am SO excited. I think this EP will be one of those that I will never be able to imagine playing without. Soon we'll be saying, "Only summer, all the time? LOL remember that?"
Page 4 of 6