Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#12401 Old 17th Nov 2021 at 12:28 AM
The conundrum could be what if the woohoo scenes were taken out for floor animations and just the cuddling and kissing were left in? I imagine if the woohoo scenes were left in that without the bed covers it would look really awkward considering we don't really know what goes on beneath the bed covers thanks to maxis.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#12402 Old 17th Nov 2021 at 12:30 AM
You can find out what the woohoo animations actually look like by downloading a bed that doesn't have proper covers. It's horrific.
Inventor
#12403 Old 17th Nov 2021 at 8:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
It's set to sofa height with sofa animations, so they'll be hovering in midair as they makeout. And if you were able to move it down, their legs would clip through the floor. I'm guessing what Softlism wants is one with bed animations but shifted to floor level so they can kiss and cuddle while (mostly) lying down.

Yes, that's exactly what I meant. And indeed leaving out the WooHoo interactions, or they should be censored
Forum Resident
#12404 Old 17th Nov 2021 at 1:30 PM
Don't worry, the woohoo animation isn't explicitly graphic, it's essentially just the sims contorting themselves in uncomfortable ways. Think of a 3D model with ragdoll physics getting thrown down a hill, or something. To give a better idea, onlyabidoang (hope I spelt the name right) described it as "bone breaking yoga." It's less disturbing in the "naughty" way and more disturbing in the "how is that comfortable?!" way.

Still, I don't think the animation would look natural without the covers, so maybe it should be excluded Unless there is another sort of workaround.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Mad Poster
#12405 Old 17th Nov 2021 at 4:48 PM
Oh yeah, I had a bed without blanket animations once. Half the time one or two of them were invisible, the other half they looked like that scene in Childs Play 2 where Chucky gets half a dozen extra limbs glued on. At one point, it was just Cassandra's dismembered crotch rising from the mattress. Horrifying!
Mad Poster
#12406 Old 17th Nov 2021 at 10:45 PM
I once saw two pixels fight without the 'dust cloud' and it was bizarre.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Theorist
#12407 Old 18th Nov 2021 at 12:08 AM
You know, it's kinda weird they made those animation for woohoo at all. Why not just turn both Sim's invisible while they are "under the blanket" and just make the bed rock and stuff?

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#12408 Old 18th Nov 2021 at 12:11 AM
Because parts of the sims are visible during the animation, they can't make those appear without animating the sims.
Mad Poster
#12409 Old 18th Nov 2021 at 4:29 AM
I had a sim nakid without the censor gid once when my game glitched out after installing a faulty Open For Business copy before I got it changed for a good copy.
Mad Poster
#12410 Old 18th Nov 2021 at 5:23 AM
Censor is stupid. Without it you see a (GASP!) naked plastic Barbie doll. So the censor is a tease, pretending it hides those horrible private parts. So I don't have the sensor, which is also stupid; you get to see how Sims use the toilet. They sit just like it was a chair. I'm surprised the silly creators (who made burping and farting) did not make pooping noises.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#12411 Old 18th Nov 2021 at 8:10 AM Last edited by Charity : 19th Nov 2021 at 6:14 AM.
Sims don't poop. XD They only have a Bladder need. Which they attend to through their clothes.
Mad Poster
#12412 Old 19th Nov 2021 at 12:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Sims2 don't poop. XD They only have a Bladder need. Which they attend to through their clothes.

====
I thought reading the paper meant...anyway, yea, through their clothes; as in, Sims DON'T actually pee, or poop. And, great news, lady Sims don't have periods.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#12413 Old 19th Nov 2021 at 3:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
====
I thought reading the paper meant...anyway, yea, through their clothes; as in, Sims DON'T actually pee, or poop. And, great news, lady Sims don't have periods.

Well, you know there's a mod that allows them to do so if you really want to get realistic. I never did-and we ladies know why.

Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
Mad Poster
#12414 Old 19th Nov 2021 at 6:14 AM
I remember thinking it was funny in Sims 1 that you could pick up pet poop from the lawn, because they were the only poops that existed in the game.
Top Secret Researcher
#12415 Old 19th Nov 2021 at 6:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
====

I have a mod so my lady sims have their periods.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Scholar
#12416 Old 19th Nov 2021 at 12:32 PM
I would love to see a mod that makes Gaming competitions advertise a bit higher. It seems it is impossible to get anyone to compete with my sim so she can get that want fulfilled, not in her dorm or even on the Gaming hobby lot!
I have searched everywhere and as far as I can tell, this does not yet exist.

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Alchemist
#12417 Old 19th Nov 2021 at 1:44 PM
@SciBirg, that exists (I know because I requested it, ) More Attractive Gaming Competitions by MidgeTheTree

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Scholar
#12418 Old 19th Nov 2021 at 1:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
@SciBirg, that exists (I know because I requested it, ) More Attractive Gaming Competitions by MidgeTheTree

Thank you!!

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Forum Resident
#12419 Old 22nd Nov 2021 at 4:32 AM
What I think would be really cool is an instant replay feature so if you see something funny or cool in your game but just missed it, you can rewind a bit to see what you missed. Trouble is how to implement that into the game.
Theorist
#12420 Old 24th Nov 2021 at 3:27 PM
... or to figure out where in the hell it went wrong when one leaves the game open and running to go get coffee.
Mad Poster
#12421 Old 24th Nov 2021 at 4:25 PM
I'd like a miniature hot tub for the kids!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Test Subject
#12422 Old 29th Nov 2021 at 6:50 AM Last edited by Simsfan2021 : 29th Nov 2021 at 7:05 AM.
What about a mod where a sim can "hack" into his local bank and steal millions of dollars using his computer at home? This would be great for anyone role-playing as a master criminal. If you do it too many times, a cop will arrest the sim and take the culprit away. The sim doesn't come back home until the kids are adults (or the spouse is an elder).
Forum Resident
#12423 Old 29th Nov 2021 at 7:13 AM
Or have a SWAT team run into the house weapons drawn and haul the hacker off.
Scholar
#12424 Old 1st Dec 2021 at 7:46 PM
Or high-logic/charisma, mean (or Evil trait holders?) could SWAT (or for logistical reasons, sic every NPC cop and playable in Law Enforcement on) their enemies, either on the same lot (swatter acts upset, then laughs when swattee is hauled off) or on different lots (invasion force arrives shortly after lot load, swatter may do a snoopy walkby shortly after). I'd imagine it would only be an absence of a few Sim-hours for the swattee (unless they're Unlucky?), but it would obviously cause fury against swatter and invasion force. Nice for Veronaville?

I really wish there was another overhaul of G-Rated Religion. Aside from the compatibility issues, I feel like traits could be useful -- there is a clergy cast-trait that might allow playable Sims to be tagged as Sister-replacements for Places of Worship and eliminate the need for the NPC, and other traits could have impacts on exceptions to particular tenets (such as Hot-Headed tending to throw drinks, slap, and kick stuff when in a bad mood even if their religion prohibits it and they have high faith, Absent-Minded forgetting tenets occasionally, Neurotic nagging other Sims of their religion about tenet-violation, Easily Impressed being easily converted, the conflict between Theft prohibition and Kleptomaniac Sims, etc.). Also, while Sister Cheeky was obviously a bit much, we don't really need G-Rated for a T-Rated game -- tasteful romantic interactions would be useful additions to the tenants.
I'm thinking about this because I am very tempted to try adding a townie Grim Reaper SkeleBro to at least a testing Strangetown, using this. The same creator made a bunch of other extracted universal NPCs, who are basically the seraphim and nephilim of the Sim-universe (as in, dangerous, mysterious, weird-looking, fill useful roles in the running of the universe, and safest to stay away from outside the limited scope of their duty -- with the potential for blowing up the universe as a bonus). Those would be good dieties if protected from actually dying, although naming them slightly differently from the on-duty version would be a good idea!
Mad Poster
#12425 Old 1st Dec 2021 at 9:51 PM
Quote:
I really wish there was another overhaul of G-Rated Religion. Aside from the compatibility issues, I feel like traits could be useful -- there is a clergy cast-trait that might allow playable Sims to be tagged as Sister-replacements for Places of Worship and eliminate the need for the NPC, and other traits could have impacts on exceptions to particular tenets (such as Hot-Headed tending to throw drinks, slap, and kick stuff when in a bad mood even if their religion prohibits it and they have high faith, Absent-Minded forgetting tenets occasionally, Neurotic nagging other Sims of their religion about tenet-violation, Easily Impressed being easily converted, the conflict between Theft prohibition and Kleptomaniac Sims, etc.). Also, while Sister Cheeky was obviously a bit much, we don't really need G-Rated for a T-Rated game -- tasteful romantic interactions would be useful additions to the tenants.

Actually, I agree with you on the overhaul on the religion mod-using traits, it could be even useful-and a few traits would be really compelling-like the 'thief'-which has another mod attached to it, and others. Traits would actually be part of the game play not a side dish. I mean, it's a great addition to the game, just not very useful the way it is right now.
If traits were incorporated more into the game to affect everything a pixel does, it could lead to a more challenging game.

Page 497 of 580