Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#12476 Old 23rd Dec 2021 at 10:27 PM
I would like to see some form of toddler, child, teen visitation mod. Have them dropped off by a social worker for 2/3 days and act the same as the roommates. Non controllable. IJS

Have you ever walked into a room & forgot why you went in there?
What if God is playing The Sims & he just cancelled your action.
Adopt-a-Sim My Creations My Tumblr
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#12477 Old 24th Dec 2021 at 1:58 AM
I've just been informed that there is a new mod by PickN'Mix Sims (WHoward) just published;

No Driving Without A Licence

He's been working on it for a long time, and I briefly tested it.

Now my wish has been granted! Merry Christmas, everyone!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Instructor
#12478 Old 24th Dec 2021 at 5:12 AM
I'd love one that extends the width of build and buy mode. With modern resolutions there's so much more space, it'd be nice not to have to page through so much.

Or one to expand build/buy mode (from 2 rows to 4) by default instead of having to click the arrows every time.
Field Researcher
#12479 Old 24th Dec 2021 at 8:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peace
I would like to see some form of toddler, child, teen visitation mod. Have them dropped off by a social worker for 2/3 days and act the same as the roommates. Non controllable. IJS

I use the "summon" function of the Simblender to achieve something similar. But they need to be temporarily added to the family for them to stay several days
Convenient for divorced parents with shared custody, staying at grandparents for the holidays, visiting relatives...
Test Subject
#12480 Old 24th Dec 2021 at 6:08 PM
I don't know how many times a sim has served food on the table, left food in the kitchen and the guests go eat standing in the kitchen instead. So an object similar to MogHugeson's Desk Locator but for serving platters. So that Sim's don't put food on the table, but just serve the platter on the spot and then other Sims can go there to get food.
Forum Resident
#12481 Old 27th Dec 2021 at 4:23 AM
I think we need a sim random pool selector mod for community lots. Especially for people like me who build custom neighborhoods with just playbles and my own townie pool. For example. I have a hood with over 50 plus sims but yet the game still picks the same 7 sims from the pool every time. Sure I can ban and control who comes to these lots but that takes a lot of work for visitor controller. I can also summon sims with the inSIMenator but they just leave when summoned. I like to go to community lots to meet different sims each time and some of the sims I made never get played and are stuck with not knowing anybody because of it unless I play my sims in rotations.
The mod needs to be the equivalent of the sims 4 mod, "No same sims everywhere" but made for sims 2.
Mad Poster
#12482 Old 27th Dec 2021 at 5:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pianogrinder
For example. I have a hood with over 50 plus sims but yet the game still picks the same 7 sims from the pool every time.
I just don't get this problem. I keep meeting different Sims on community lots. Sometimes my lots are busy; sometimes they're quiet. If there's nothing much happening where we are, my Sims just take a taxi to another lot, and a completely different crowd of Sims will probably be there. What's more, if my Sims stay on a community lot for a while, some Sims will leave and others will arrive. All told I'd say my game does a pretty good job of keeping things interesting.

I wonder if this problem of the same Sims turning up all the time came in with one of the later EPs. If so, it makes me all the more determined to stick with the setup I've got, and not add any more EPs.

The only time I ever had this problem was when I started to play my custom 'hood of New Desconia. I started the 'hood off with two playables and five custom townies. Needless to say they all turned up at every community lot visit. The answer was of course obvious -- go into CAS and make more Sims!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Theorist
#12483 Old 27th Dec 2021 at 2:00 PM
It's quite possible that this will never be achieved, but some sort of a key combo that would allow me to queue up actions without my Sims dropping the autonomous actions they're doing already. For example, my Sim decided to take a slice of pizza. I saw that and realized their hunger is around 40%, so I queued up two more slices immediately, so that they're full by the time they have to leave for class. But when I queued up to grab another two slices, they put down the slice they were eating on the floor, to grab the other slice. All of this during the ongoing pandemirana. Horrific, I say.

Instead, it would be great if I could hold down CTRL while clicking on the pizza box to lock in the ongoing autonomous action. Or to move the pizza action from the autonomous queue to the actual, player-directed (player-approved) queue. One can only dream...
Mad Poster
#12484 Old 27th Dec 2021 at 4:23 PM
That's what Macro->Concentrate is for.
Inventor
#12485 Old 27th Dec 2021 at 6:55 PM
A social mod where Sim A tells a secret to Sim B, either about themselves or about Sim C (e.g. a Sim cheated on someone). And the chance that Sim B keeps that secret, depend on the relationship with Sim A, 3t2 traits and/or certain outgoing/niceness points.

ETA: I just found out that the Tell Secret interaction is available for kids, but I would also like to see it for other age groups.
Theorist
#12486 Old 27th Dec 2021 at 8:07 PM
For other age groups, it's called gossip.
Inventor
#12487 Old 27th Dec 2021 at 8:34 PM
@topp true, but it would be nice if it can be modded such that gossips will have consequences and may spill secrets about e.g. cheating
Theorist
#12488 Old 27th Dec 2021 at 8:42 PM
I remember seeing a thread recently where that same question was asked. I believe the OP was like, I remember reading in the Prima Guide that gossip spreads around town fast, and that you should be aware who's watching when you're having affairs, or doing bad things etc. Could have even been a mod (simler90?). But ultimately, something's been coded wrong, so that no one really receives any reaction from hearing that their spouse has been caught with a lover elsewhere. For the love of me, I can't remember where I read this...
Mad Poster
#12489 Old 27th Dec 2021 at 10:20 PM
As I recall it was originally planned that Sims would get angry if they heard gossip that their spouse had been cheating on them, but for some reason it was dropped from the final release. Maybe there was just too much to keep track of. My own thought is that Sims gossip so much that nobody would ever have got away with anything!!

I can't remember where or when I read it either.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#12490 Old 27th Dec 2021 at 10:41 PM
It was in the Producer's walkthrough for the game before it was released:

From about 6:50- the girl sees her sister's husband cheating, and tells her sister.
Mad Poster
#12491 Old 27th Dec 2021 at 11:47 PM
Anyone got any ideas why pianogrinder has this problem of the same Sims always turning up on community lots, when I don't have the problem at all? (See posts 12484 and 12485 above.)

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Field Researcher
#12492 Old 28th Dec 2021 at 12:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
As I recall it was originally planned that Sims would get angry if they heard gossip that their spouse had been cheating on them, but for some reason it was dropped from the final release. Maybe there was just too much to keep track of. My own thought is that Sims gossip so much that nobody would ever have got away with anything!!

I can't remember where or when I read it either.

The "catch sim cheating" fear tooltip mentions this. The gossip doesn't work?
Mad Poster
#12493 Old 28th Dec 2021 at 12:16 AM
@AndrewGloria -It might be a part of the lot loading pre-populated issues common to the game and I've had that issue where community lots load with sims already visiting and have to use hacks to send them away and the lot vistitor controller to ban them to make the lot less populated and less busy in my new towns.I also get the same few vistors when mine go out and the community lots are almost always desrted in Dodge though having only two couples already living there is likley the cause and the solution is creating another couple to bring into town.
Forum Resident
#12494 Old 28th Dec 2021 at 1:22 AM
On the same sims everywhere, I do make more sims to try and correct the problem but the game still always chooses the same 7 sims from the pool of 57 sims and a townie pool of 34 sims. I figured that the more sims to pick from the less chance the game would pick the same ones over and over again. Unfortunately the game dosen't work that way. Sometimes I get lucky and a townie or 2 shows up but most of the time it's the same old sims. My neighborhood is always expanding and there's always room to grow.
Top Secret Researcher
#12495 Old 28th Dec 2021 at 2:15 AM
I actually had no idea the gossip catch sim cheating thing didn't work. I believe I remember reading about it in the prima guide so I just assumed (though I was aware a lot of what's in the prima guides is wrong) since I didn't know otherwise that my sims were just somehow very lucky.

My Simblr
He/They
Alchemist
#12496 Old 28th Dec 2021 at 6:40 PM
@pianogrinder how many sims typically show up on your lots? And do you have any mods affecting visitors or walkbys? I confess that I don't really see this issue anymore, either. I remember it being more of a concern years ago, but I'm not sure if I don't see it anymore because my townie pools are now bigger, since I now play with all EPs/SPs, or if the mods I have are affecting the issue.

First thing I would try, if you haven't already, is increase the number of sims on community lots, if your computer can handle it. I feel like even though I see a few of the same sims everywhere, because more sims can show up, it evens out and I get a good mix. There's still a big pool of townies that I usually don't see unless I move some sims in apartments, or maybe I'll see them if a sim starts an OFB biz, but I don't see the exact same people over and over, you know?

You can increase the number of sims on community lots by adding the following line in your userStartup.cheat file:
intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims XX
Replace the "XX" with the number of sims you want to visit the lot at a time. I think mine is 25 or 30.

Next, again, if you haven't already, check your mods. There's a lot of different visitor mods out there and they all do slightly different things. It's possible that you have one that restricts which groups of townies show up in certain places, but you forgot about it. For example, some mods make it so that only locals walkby and visit main hood community lots more often, and then when you go downtown, you see downtownies more, etc., etc.

And then finally, since you mentioned making your own hood and townies, check the types of townies you have and where the community lots you visit are. So like if you only made a bunch of regular townies, and only 7 downtownies, when you go downtown those 7 downtownies are the ones you'll see the most especially if you have mods affecting lot visitors. Because downtownies are the ones who are supposed to show up downtown the most often. And lot visitor mods usually make it so that the chance you'll see a townie outside of their respective hood is decreased. Similarly, if you made a bunch of downtownies but only a few local or social group townies, then when you visit community lots in the main hood, you probably won't see those downtownies very often. Make sense?

But that's all for townie visitors. If you want to affect which playables show up while you're playing a different family, that seems to be a bit more up to chance. Some sims just seem to be more outgoing than others and show up everywhere. Like I remember this one time I was playing Belladonna Cove--one of the Patels would always be around in the background, hanging out and cheating on their spouse. It's like they knew I'd never play them and were determined to live it up in the background. Anyway, I'm not sure a mod exists to solve the playables-visitor problem just yet.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Top Secret Researcher
#12497 Old 29th Dec 2021 at 4:06 PM
I may have mentioned this before, but more low bookshelves. I've just finished building a library, only the bookshelves in the children's section are totally empty because the only low bookshelves I can find are completely empty. There's also one shaped like a house but that won't do for a library either, and frankly it's pretty big for most children's bedrooms.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Link Ninja
#12498 Old 29th Dec 2021 at 6:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
I may have mentioned this before, but more low bookshelves. I've just finished building a library, only the bookshelves in the children's section are totally empty because the only low bookshelves I can find are completely empty. There's also one shaped like a house but that won't do for a library either, and frankly it's pretty big for most children's bedrooms.

I think I have that one low bookshelf you mention, do you need books to fill the in the shelves with? - I ended up downloading a set or two and fill in the three shelves with the deco books since the bookshelf itself brings up the pie menu.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Top Secret Researcher
#12499 Old 29th Dec 2021 at 6:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
I think I have that one low bookshelf you mention, do you need books to fill the in the shelves with? - I ended up downloading a set or two and fill in the three shelves with the deco books since the bookshelf itself brings up the pie menu.

After placing 16 of them in the library, I would really rather have one that comes with books already on it. That was kind of the whole point.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Mad Poster
#12500 Old 29th Dec 2021 at 9:42 PM
I've used teleporter Mods to either bring sims to community lots or restrict numbers allowed to visit at ome time and a Mod was released here just recently to fix the issue by making the populating wait until after your playable arrived.I've always wanted the pre-populating to be blocked until after arrival of my sims because it caused problems for new business owners.
Page 500 of 577