Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#401 Old 19th Apr 2019 at 10:51 PM Last edited by superjunior22 : 20th Apr 2019 at 11:04 AM.
Working on Brandi's beta hair, forgive me for my terrible alpha channel editing
https://i.imgur.com/TTdOpbY.png
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#402 Old 20th May 2019 at 5:43 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 20th May 2019 at 5:55 PM.
Tinkering with a few baby meshes again, adding some new details:

(still have to tinker a bi with the texture and bone assignments on this one - it's a verison of the pants below)

And just for fun I borrowed and tinkered a little bit with Charity's Victorian AAS conversions, since the top and frilled pants are absolutely adorable:

Still have a lot of work left on these, as there's just the meshes for now, which may need some more tinkering.
Lab Assistant
#403 Old 8th Jun 2019 at 7:56 PM
I love those baby clothes!

Sims 2 Rocks! :D
Mad Poster
#404 Old 9th Jun 2019 at 11:04 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 9th Jun 2019 at 11:19 PM.
Another project - hands with actual fingers (I'm tired of the webbed ones) and a 3D navel for the babies. Still not sure if the hands will work as intended (babies lack a lot of bones in the hands, so may need some more adjustments), but I think it will. Currently, the hands do kind of work with the original UVmap (not the thumbs, but the rest is pretty much alright), so if I get it to work, there's the possibility of replacement meshes. They're low-poly (based on toddler hands) so they're computer-friendly.

The feet are a slight UV-edit of Rosebine's SF infant conversion, shown since I'm planning to combine them into one mesh.

Alchemist
#405 Old 9th Jun 2019 at 11:56 PM
I have started on the third round of career lots for my apoca hood.

The first is the local dive, made up of several buildings housing bars, gambling dens, dancing, and suchlike. There's a food joint in the basement, and ...greenery... growing on one of the balconies. The place is even classier at night.

Screenshots
Field Researcher
#406 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 12:05 AM
Well I'm quite the amateur, so I've been working wayy too long on this Florida Ranch style house.
Screenshots
Alchemist
#407 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 9:02 AM
That's a lot of greenhouse - what will you do with it?
Field Researcher
#408 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 12:00 PM Last edited by TheDraizeTrain : 11th Jun 2019 at 1:13 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by aelflaed
That's a lot of greenhouse - what will you do with it?

oh bad angle. It's supposed to be a screened in porch/pool is in there. I keep rethinking the roof. Obviously did use the greenhouse roof because Rebecah's screened porch walls/door didn't come with a roof. Downloaded transparent floor tiles, so I'll see how that works as a flat "screened" roof.

edited to add updated pic with new roof options. Now not sure which one to pick!
Screenshots
Alchemist
#409 Old 12th Jun 2019 at 5:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheDraizeTrain
oh bad angle. It's supposed to be a screened in porch/pool is in there. I keep rethinking the roof. Obviously did use the greenhouse roof because Rebecah's screened porch walls/door didn't come with a roof. Downloaded transparent floor tiles, so I'll see how that works as a flat "screened" roof.
edited to add updated pic with new roof options. Now not sure which one to pick!

Oh, that makes much more sense, now I see the pool.
Personally, I like the second roof, with a flat top but pitched sides.
Mad Poster
#410 Old 16th Jun 2019 at 9:14 PM
Continuing a bit on the plantsim baby project from the previous page:

Still have a lot left to fix, but it's taking shape.
Instructor
#411 Old 11th Jul 2019 at 4:32 AM Last edited by LFact : 11th Jul 2019 at 5:03 AM.
Not making sim stuff; more like editing existing CCs. Tried to slave christianlov's power fridge to BG Ciao Time Bovinia Refrigerator and succeeded. I had to extract GDMC, GMND and SHPE from master object, then import them to power fridge to follow the tutorial. Interesting thing is, once I managed to repositoried one of hacked fridges to Maxis fridge, the rest of hacked objects cloned from the same fridge also draw textures from it(You should delete MMAT to see that though).
Screenshots
Instructor
#412 Old 14th Jul 2019 at 4:00 AM Last edited by LFact : 14th Jul 2019 at 5:02 AM.
1. More edit of Power Fridge. This time I cloned the base item, slaved the clone, then applied extracted resources to it. And changed the English description. It's not exactly direct translation of original description(which is in Korean), but I wanted to make it similar(I'm no translator anyway). Seems like there're still works to be done(yeah, inside is flashing blue!)
2. Slaving merola's multi painting(gosh, it was deleted from MTS) to BG 'Rolling Hills'. Thanks HugeLunatic!
Screenshots
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#413 Old 14th Jul 2019 at 5:10 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 14th Jul 2019 at 6:35 AM.
I am working on some swimsuit recolours for the mid-century theme.

@PenelopeT your link in Daisy Chain isn't working for me. I get a mega upload error page

PS. Forgot to say, I love those doors!

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#414 Old 14th Jul 2019 at 1:23 PM
@joandsarah77

Hmm, not sure why you're getting an error. The link in the post still works fine for me, and there was no issue downloading, but here's the direct link https://mega.nz/#!JVoAhIRR!GGHetOPX...0XHPZCWoHXsN7Gs. Let me know if you still have trouble and I'll upload it to my Box account for you.

And thanks, glad you like the doors. I've been having lots of fun making them.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#415 Old 14th Jul 2019 at 2:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PenelopeT
@joandsarah77

Hmm, not sure why you're getting an error. The link in the post still works fine for me, and there was no issue downloading, but here's the direct link https://mega.nz/#!JVoAhIRR!GGHetOPX...0XHPZCWoHXsN7Gs. Let me know if you still have trouble and I'll upload it to my Box account for you.

And thanks, glad you like the doors. I've been having lots of fun making them.

I will try on Chrome, some sites simply won't work on Firefox even now that I have updated it. No clue what is going on with it.

Okay it is working on Chrome. Kind of a pain when uploads do this as I then have to hunt and find where it has saved to. Not your fault.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#416 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 1:10 AM
The link didn't work on my Firefox either, but Opera was able to get at it just fine.
Theorist
#417 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 9:53 PM
Glad you guys got the download link to work. I do not use Firefox, and had no clue that it could cause downloading issues.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#418 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 11:12 PM
Sim File share works fine on both platforms.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#419 Old 6th Aug 2019 at 6:05 AM
And I'm back with more building stuff. I got a "new" PC, and instead of porting over my CC folder this time (much of which dates back to release or a little bit later) and dealing with bugs, corruptions and crashes, I started from scratch entirely.

And I came up with a cool idea for my University town, as the campus here in Ames (among many others) has a clocktower campanile. And I thought, "huh! Could be a fun challenge."

So, based around the town's name and theme of four seasons, I give you the Four Winds Campanile. Barring some detailing and landscaping, I'd say she finished up nicely.

Holy hell. Building something 12 stories up is a doozy.
Instructor
#420 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 5:56 AM Last edited by LFact : 10th Aug 2019 at 6:38 AM.
Updated ShanOw's LCD TVs to AL. Anyone can do it if you follow Lord Darcy's tutorial, but I wonder why the author said 'They are currently not freetime enabled as when adding the neccesart(sic) bits to make them work in FT the tv's ability to work on any surface seems to vanish'. I edited placement thing of 'any surface TV' a bit(not much, just changing 'const' thing to 'literal'), and it was working when I tested it for a minute.
And added height adjustment to wall TV.

**Should I remove 'Tinkering' from menu?
Screenshots
Instructor
#421 Old 11th Aug 2019 at 9:13 AM
Goat's wood texture on Rennie Mackintosh Washstand(by CuriousB)
Screenshots
Test Subject
#422 Old 11th Aug 2019 at 9:33 AM
Hey people, this seemed like it might be a decent place to mention this - anyone interested in making some sims 3 movie posters? http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...5&goto=lastpost
I photoshopped some movie posters to make them fit into the sim world a bit better but can't figure out how to make them work in game so if anyone else wants to give it a shot please do!
Mad Poster
#423 Old 11th Aug 2019 at 5:47 PM
This is the Sims 2 forum. You'd have better luck in the Sims 3 forum. Although requests aren't allowed at all.
Instructor
#424 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 9:15 AM
Recolors for Ohbehave's 'Ikea Inspired Dining'. Used Goat's Heatland wood, Michelle's LACK wood and MALM wood textures. To cut the amount of work, I slaved folded table to unfolded table.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#425 Old 23rd Aug 2019 at 4:28 AM Last edited by Peace : 3rd Sep 2019 at 5:07 AM.
right now im in the middle of making a huge lot of kids wallpaper and trying to learn how to recolor bedding.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
I didnt want to double post so here is what i have so far, and i hate making bedding, i did it but i hate it! lol

Have you ever walked into a room & forgot why you went in there?
What if God is playing The Sims & he just cancelled your action.
Adopt-a-Sim My Creations My Tumblr
Page 17 of 22