Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Harvestable Corn Stalk + Optional-Popcorn Popper requires Corn Override

by icemunmun Posted 5th Mar 2017 at 7:02 PM - Updated 23rd Jul 2021 at 6:40 PM by icemunmun : Updated for Seasons Patch

77 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 41 Feedback Posts, 35 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#51 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 6:07 AM
Hey Icemunmun. Love this MOD and your other food/plants!
I have a weird thing just started to happen since the update and patch. I can no longer find (or see) the corn stalks. Also, I can not plant tomatoes, potatoes, carrots or onions?? Before the patch I had no issues. Do you have any ideas?
Thanks
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#52 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 7:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by deblake60
Hey Icemunmun. Love this MOD and your other food/plants!
I have a weird thing just started to happen since the update and patch. I can no longer find (or see) the corn stalks. Also, I can not plant tomatoes, potatoes, carrots or onions?? Before the patch I had no issues. Do you have any ideas?
Thanks

Hey ? Can you find the corn ? You no longer need to plant the corn stalk..you can plant the corn and it will grow into the stalk. if you cannot find corn, try turning on debug and searching for 'corn' in the search bar!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#53 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 9:22 PM
Thanks for getting back, I appreciate it. The corn is very visible. I even tried to plant the ear. I get the option to eat it and the plant option is grayed out. My sim is Level 10 in gardening. Your other plantables work just fine. I do have the same issue with tomato, onion, carrot and potatoes from being planted as well, but those are EA ones?? Again, I sure do appreciate any guidance. BTW: I do not have your popcorn override (didn't before) would it make a difference?
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#54 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 9:53 PM
Thanks for getting back, I appreciate it. The corn is very visible. I even tried to plant the ear. I get the option to eat it and the plant option is grayed out. My sim is Level 10 in gardening. Your other plantables work just fine. I do have the same issue with tomato, onion, carrot and potatoes from being planted as well, but those are EA ones?? Again, I sure do appreciate any guidance. BTW: I do not have your popcorn override (didn't before) would it make a difference?

Hey all the above EA harvestables and the Corn can be planted during specific seasons. Maybe that is the issue ? But you may also be having a bug since you cannot those EA harvestables. unfortunately the seasons patch has introduced quite a few bugs :/

Not having the popcorn override will not make any difference ?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#55 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 12:05 AM
Thanks Icemunmun. I hadn't considered the Season Aspect? I don't doubt the patch is buggy cause one would think you could plant potatoes and such indoors in a planter. I had done that before Seasons and the patch "fix". I will keep an eye out in the other seasons. Thanks for the idea.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#56 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 9:27 AM
Looks like you were on to something with the Season. Once I got out of Winter and into Spring, I was able to plant some of the veggies, not all, so I assume that they are not in season? Thanks for that point of view. Now all I need to do is find a greenhouse like in Sims 3.
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#57 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 11:40 AM
Looks like you were on to something with the Season. Once I got out of Winter and into Spring, I was able to plant some of the veggies, not all, so I assume that they are not in season? Thanks for that point of view. Now all I need to do is find a greenhouse like in Sims 3.

You can easily build a greenhouse now that we have the glass roofs :lovestruc

If you hover over the plant, then the tooltip will give the seasons in which the plant grows
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#58 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 1:09 AM
Still loving all your ideas! Thank you for sharing!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#59 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 8:06 AM
Thanks
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 30th Jul 2018 at 1:55 AM
I try to water the corn stalk and get a Last Exception error, yes, this is the updated one for the Seasons patch.
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#61 Old 30th Jul 2018 at 2:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoseSims4Fan
I try to water the corn stalk and get a Last Exception error, yes, this is the updated one for the Seasons patch.

Can you attach the last exception errors ( corn and strawberry) to this thread so that i can take a look at it ? Are you getting this with any of my other harvestables ?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#62 Old 4th Aug 2018 at 6:39 AM
Can't understand why EA didn't include the world's food (CORN) in the BG. Well thank you for doing EA's job for them.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#63 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 11:28 PM
Thanks very much!
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 5:44 PM
Default Season for Corn
I have the latest file for the corn harvestable. I saw that the notes said it was updated for summer and fall, but in my game it is still saying that it's only in season for winter. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this issue.
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#65 Old 18th Oct 2018 at 6:15 PM Last edited by icemunmun : 19th Oct 2018 at 10:57 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by vwfrank
I have the latest file for the corn harvestable. I saw that the notes said it was updated for summer and fall, but in my game it is still saying that it's only in season for winter. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this issue.

Have fixed this! Now it appears in Summer, Fall and spring
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 18th Oct 2018 at 9:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by icemunmun
Have fixed this! Now it appears in Summer, Fall and winter

Thank you!!
Test Subject
#67 Old 30th Oct 2018 at 5:22 AM
Does it take a full season for it to mature and produce corn? I'm not sure exactly how long mine has been growing.. definitely at least 2 sim weeks... but I still haven't had it produce anything. I planted it from the corn stalks, if that makes a difference.
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#68 Old 30th Oct 2018 at 3:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DreamsInPink
Does it take a full season for it to mature and produce corn? I'm not sure exactly how long mine has been growing.. definitely at least 2 sim weeks... but I still haven't had it produce anything. I planted it from the corn stalks, if that makes a difference.

Hey i made changes fater the seasons update so that the corn grows if you plant the corn and not the corn stalk ( similar to how the game harvestables work). So planting the corn stalk will not produce corns!
Test Subject
#69 Old 10th Apr 2019 at 2:18 PM
Does this mod still work with the latest patch? (Feb 5th 2019)
Test Subject
#70 Old 9th Oct 2019 at 5:47 AM
Default Russian translation
RUS_RU translation
Attached files:
File Type: rar  STBL RUS_RU _icemunmun Center Harvestable Corn Stalk.rar (431 Bytes, 16 downloads)
Description: only stbl
File Type: rar  RU _icemunmun_Harvestable_CornStalk.rar (356.1 KB, 15 downloads)
Description: russian version
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#71 Old 12th Apr 2020 at 6:13 PM
Hey,

So the majority of your mods on mod the sims does not work for me. Is there any other way to get your modthesims files anywhere else? Thank you,
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 18th May 2020 at 3:43 PM
Hello! I've just downloaded your corn for a decorative vegetable garden (on a related note, finding purely decorative crops has been weirdly hard) and while I can find it when I search for 'corn', it doesn't appear in the catalogue otherwise! It's not under Appliances>Misc, or any of the plant categories in build mode. I'm not complaining, just rather confused!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#73 Old 10th May 2021 at 12:13 PM
You're awesome <3 Thank you so much and keep up the good work. Have a pleasant weekend
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#74 Old 25th Jul 2021 at 6:56 AM
Thanks for updating for Cottage Living!! been waiting for you too!
Test Subject
#75 Old 29th Aug 2021 at 12:31 AM
This one isn't working now. The plant doesn't grow.
Page 3 of 4