Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Lamp Collection

by PineappleForest Posted 3rd May 2020 at 12:26 PM - Updated 15th Apr 2023 at 9:31 PM by PineappleForest

86 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 33 Feedback Posts, 52 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#26 Old 4th May 2020 at 11:32 PM
Wonderful set, well done!
Link Ninja
THANKS POST
#27 Old 6th May 2020 at 12:19 AM
So charming and colorful I adore it so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#28 Old 6th May 2020 at 1:00 AM
Congrats! The best collection lamps for TS2 for sure!! Thanks!! ))
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#29 Old 6th May 2020 at 9:21 AM
Beautiful! Great! Now taste test!
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 6th May 2020 at 3:00 PM
Default Beautiful...but
They're really lovely, but they made my game crash. Not sure why, but there you have it. I'm on a Mac so there's no telling why they don't work.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#31 Old 6th May 2020 at 4:54 PM Last edited by PineappleForest : 10th May 2020 at 4:10 PM.
@zheyrryhn
Did your game crash on loading screen? Or was it while you were picking up a particular lamp from the catalog?
Edit:
Muridae figured out it's two lamps from Modernist Pack that cause the crash: Retro Floor Lamp and Cool Desk Lamp - the game should work if you delete those.
There's no easy fix for Vintage Collection.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#32 Old 7th May 2020 at 6:54 PM
Can't resist.... these are fantastic!
btw, Macs do have a CC file limit - if you go past a certain number of files (not GBs, but actual files), the game will not work. I was never able to figure out how to successfully get around that in newer version of MacOS, so I switched to an old PC.
Because there are a lot of meshes in this download @zheyrryhn, it might have knocked you over the edge of the file limit.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#33 Old 7th May 2020 at 9:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by toadstool333
Macs do have a CC file limit

Really? That's horrible!
It seems to be a different issue though. Zheyrryhn's game did launch but It crashed after opening lamps category in buy mode.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#34 Old 8th May 2020 at 2:35 PM
Great Job!! Always grateful for more variety of lamps! Thank you.
Top Secret Researcher
#35 Old 9th May 2020 at 6:28 AM
Just a question. I only wanted some of the glass and brass set. The recolours folder only mentions the antique billiards set which I didn't download. Do I need to in order to get recolours? Many thanks.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#36 Old 9th May 2020 at 7:58 AM
@yavannatw
Yes, G&B Antique Billiard Lamp is a master mesh, you need it in your game. It shares recolors with all the other lights in this set.
Test Subject
#37 Old 9th May 2020 at 8:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PineappleForest
Really? That's horrible!
It seems to be a different issue though. Zheyrryhn's game did launch but It crashed after opening lamps category in buy mode.

These lamps are are awesome, so I had to download them. I have a Mac also, and my game crashes when I load the lighting category in buy mode.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#38 Old 9th May 2020 at 10:45 AM Last edited by PineappleForest : 10th May 2020 at 4:09 PM.
@Harrahboy
Have you installed all sets with all the items at once? Maybe try installing one set at a time? It's quite possible that only one mesh is causing the crash.
Glass & brass set has a lot of slaved items in it, maybe macs are not able to handle it?

Edit:
Muridae figured out it's two lamps from Modernist Pack that cause the crash: Retro Floor Lamp and Cool Desk Lamp - the game should work if you delete those.
Test Subject
#39 Old 9th May 2020 at 2:50 PM
Is anyone else having problems extracting these files? When I go to extract them I get an error message:

C:\Users\Debbie\Downloads\SIMS\MTS_PineappleForest_1923874_ModernistLampsCollection.rar: The archive is either in unknown format or damaged
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#40 Old 9th May 2020 at 4:38 PM
@jadesstar
Most likely you need to update your 7-Zip or WinRAR.
Test Subject
#41 Old 10th May 2020 at 9:50 AM
@Harrahboy
Have you installed all sets with all the items at once? Maybe try installing one set at a time? It's quite possible that only one mesh is causing the crash.

Glass & brass set has a lot of slaved items in it, maybe macs are not able to handle it?
If you only wanted to install the Glass & Brass set, start with master mesh (Antique Billiard Lamp) with no recolors, see if your game works, and if it does - start adding more mesh files, one by one.

I tried the modernist lamps without the antique lamps and the antique lamps without the modernist lamps. I also tried just the antique billiard lamp by itself. I unfortunately crashed all during all of those tests.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#42 Old 10th May 2020 at 12:16 PM Last edited by PineappleForest : 10th May 2020 at 4:08 PM.
@Harrahboy
That's a shame :/
My lamps have much more subsets / object states than your usual maxis lamp*.. I guess it could be the reason why these don't work on a mac (?).
Thank you for the testing and feedback.

*well, master meshes from modernist set aren't actually that complicated.. it's weird these would cause any issues.
Edit:
Field Researcher
#43 Old 10th May 2020 at 1:33 PM
@Harrahboy
My lamps have much more subsets / object states than your usual maxis lamp.. I guess it could be the reason why these don't work on a mac (?).
I'm afraid the only solution would be to remake all lamps from scratch, without any extra subsets.

Hi, @PineappleForest.

Another Mac user here. I can confirm that it's not a problem with the Mac file limit (as I have mine raised ridiculously high and am also testing in a game where I'm rebuilding CC so don't have much). I've not seen any issues with multiple subsets either, or repositoried objects. It does appear that the Mac version is being fussy about certain of the files. I've checked them all out, and these are the problem files:

CoolLights:
PF_CoolDeskLamp_SlaVeMesh.package - crashes when the Lights catalog is selected - this one's really determined to annoy the game

RetroLights:
PF_RetroFloorLamp_SlaVeMesh.package - crashes when the Lights/Floor Lamps subcatalog is selected

If you exclude those two packages, the Cool Lights and Retro Lights sets are otherwise okay to use on a Mac. Unfortunately the other sets crash on the master meshes, so are more of a problem. I tried all the other meshes though, averting my eyes from the distressing blue "where's my texture gone?" appearance, and most of them would be okay if they could find their repositories textures:

Gameroom:
PF_Gameroom3shadeLamp_MasterMESH.package - crashes when the Lights/Hanging Lamps subcatalog is selected
PF_Gameroom-GameTableHangingLamp_SlaVeMesh.package - crashes when the Lights/Hanging Lamps subcatalog is selected
(I obviously couldn't test the recolours)

Glass&Brass:
PF_G&B_AntiqueBilliardLamp_MASTERmesh.package - crashes when the Lights/Hanging Lamps subcatalog is selected
PF_G&B_BerryPendantLight_SLaVeMesh.package - crashes when the Lights/Hanging Lamps subcatalog is selected
PF_G&B_BellPendantLight_SLaVeMesh.package - crashes when the Lights/Hanging Lamps subcatalog is selected

With the exception of the Cool Lights desk lamp, everything that crashes seems to be either a hanging lamp or a floor one.

The power cord and switch also works, although as Mac users don't have AL, none of the lights are shiftable to bring down to where it ends. Is there any chance of getting a version of that which runs high enough to use with some of the wall lights in their default positions? It's a wonderful accessory, and I'd love to be able to use it.

I'd really like to use all of it, so I do hope that you'll be able to spot what the problem is and make at least the two problem master meshes Mac compatible. It's a beautiful set.

Disclaimer: I've not gone into Live mode, only switched between night and day in Buy. I've also not tried either of the collection files.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#44 Old 10th May 2020 at 1:46 PM
@muridae

I'm in the middle of making a longer power cord mesh
As for the lamps, when I find out where the problem is I'm going to remake these
Thanks for the testing and info!
Field Researcher
#45 Old 10th May 2020 at 1:59 PM
@muridae

I'm in the middle of making a longer power cord mesh
As for the lamps, when I find out where the problem is I'm going to remake these
Thanks for the testing and info!

@PineappleForest - that’s great. I used to have a bedside light with a power cord just like that, so it’s nicely nostalgic for me.

Good luck figuring out the problem. If you need a tester, I’m happy to help, though I might not always be very fast about it. :-)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#46 Old 11th May 2020 at 10:53 AM
Dear PineappleForest, your uploads never fail to disappoint. This looks fantastic! Can't wait to add some spanking new lamps to my game.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#47 Old 11th May 2020 at 8:22 PM
OMG Beautiful. Thank you. <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#48 Old 15th May 2020 at 6:49 AM
yay awsome thanks
Test Subject
#49 Old 19th May 2020 at 3:15 AM
@Harrahboy
My lamps have much more subsets / object states than your usual maxis lamp*.. I guess it could be the reason why these don't work on a mac (?).

*well, master meshes from modernist set aren't actually that complicated.. it's weird these would cause any issues.
Edit:

It is working now. I followed the instructions to replace the meshes, and the game does not crash. Thank you for working to help make these accessible for Mac users.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#50 Old 31st May 2020 at 9:43 PM
Lovely set. Once I installed it I had to go through lots and upgrade the lighting.
Page 2 of 4