Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 6:36 AM
Default Best EP Ever?
Well, I'm waiting this Pets since the release of the original game back in 2004.

University was kinda fun, but after some time it gets a bit boring, though the reward are worth the time spent in dorms.

Nightlife, well, that was an amazing EP, all those new stuff and all. Cars and dating, really cool, but going to Comunity Lots all the time is also a bit boring after some time.

Well, i never liked the idea of Open for Businees, but as the release aproached I was getting exited 'boiut it, but, in the end I didnt really liked it. Too much work for nothing. You spend a lot of time to make your business grow and in the end you get bou what? 15K a day? Ohh... but you spend 13K restocking objects and another K with those dumb employees that do nothing but complain... if it wasnt for some MODs that help you run your business kinda easier, it would be a ****! Ok, my opinion.

Pets is really primisin!

There are many thins to do, many breed of dogs and cats, and guinea ping and some birds. You'll spend time playing with your pets and loving them. Teaching them triks, making them heroes or superstars. Taking them to the park and all that stuff. I think this will be a lot more fun :]
You can breed them and get hibrid races and all that, its really amazing.

I now im sounding kinda childish, but im really excited about this :D

I also have some queistion =X

Well, you wont be able to control them right? Will we at leats be able to check their needs?
I would really love if they had they're own wants and fears and they could exchance their aspiration points for somethink like "golden nuggets ration" to make them younger like the elixir of life for sims. Also there should be a new carrer for sims, the Vet, lol, and maybe a new aspuiration, the "Pet entusiast". Probably kids will have the wish to have pets all the time though :]

Bout the warewolf, i didnt like that screenshot -.-
Its nothing but a simple not-very-good skintone. I really hope they change this.

Anyway, i think Pets will be the best EP, and that's the point of this thread =X

Cyah!

### EDIT ###

I forget to say, it would be nice if they added snowy terrains :]
Got osme other things in mind, might add later =P
Advertisement
#2 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 6:44 AM
A lot of the EPs sound better than when you actually use it I've found. Maxis makes great concepts but fails to fall through. A lot of times mods you can download are more exciting than most of the content on EPs.

But I'm hoping the Pets will be great.
#3 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 6:47 AM
This Ep is certainly Hyped up alot, the most since the relase of the Sims 2. I hope it will life up to its reputation, but Maxis does like to disappoint us, so I won't get my hopes to far up.
#4 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 6:18 PM
I think this will be the best EP yet and probably better than ones to come for me! I have been waiting for pets forever!
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#5 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 6:37 PM
I think we have to be able to check their needs. They have them and we're supposed to make sure they get fed etc ..
Theorist
#6 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 9:41 PM
For me Nightlife beats the other two eps by quite a bit with OFB second and Uni comes last. There were quite a few things I loved about Nightlife such as the ability to see nearby houses (even though they're just blow-ups of the neighborhood screen), the bowling alleys, the dating, the music (especially the Sims 2 Uni theme remixed by Junkie XL), and of course the cars. I use cars all the time although they're all downloaded ones.

Pets looks like it will top Nightlife. Pets is another essential thing besides the cars that makes the game more realistic. Even though almost the entire expansion is just focused on pets it still looks like a huge expansion, especially with create-a-pet. I can't wait to see what everyone's pets will be like! Dogs should be ale to become werewolves, not sims! I'm probably gonna use the sledgehammer tool more than once, hehe. :smash:

Let me clarify two things. Your cats and dogs will have a little panel to click on and check their needs just like your sims, but pets aren't playable unless you use a new boolprop cheat. It was said in the chat that there's an elixir of life for pets, I think it was called Kibbles of Life or something like that.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 12:31 AM
Nightlife is still the best ep around, but as Captain THPS4, Pets might be able to topple it. I love animals, so obviously I'm really excited for this expansion. However, Nightlife had many things going for it too, so we shall see!

If you want to download my Sims 3 pets, click here and then go to my Studio. To see images of all my pets, click here.
#8 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 1:08 AM
Yep for me I feel this will be the best EP ever! As I have always wanted pets in the Sims 2, and always hoped that the next EP they were bringing out would be pets. And we are finally getting it yay! :D
Field Researcher
#9 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 1:14 AM
For me, OFB is the best EP. It finally makes a neighbourhood more self sufficient and I'm still trying to find out if I can make my neighbourhood self sufficient.
#10 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 11:39 AM
Unleashed was my favourite The Sims expansion, so I definitely put my vote on Pets. I've been waiting for this expansion! My sims neighbourhood is just so bland without any animals...
#11 Old 14th Aug 2006 at 7:14 AM
Are you MAD!? lol