Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#26 Old 19th Jan 2021 at 8:24 AM Last edited by Victor_tor : 19th Jan 2021 at 1:20 PM.
OMG is the Sims 2 so bad that I can't use delete the family button in Neighborhood?

I don't usually use so many mods. Just clothes, objects and those for beauty and better appearence. I downloaded Downtownie Templates Be Gone and Alt Sim Surgery. I really don't know what else to do with those. I want my hood to have at least one person of each gender for each NPC type. I am not of that type who care for memory space saving. So even my hood has a lot of dead souls in it. Well... let it be. Until they won't corrupt entire neighborhood and I couldn't play characters and families at all.
I saw through Cyjon's thread you shared me: "Since I already have my hobbyists and I don't use worthless social groups, I don't have any motivation to keep fighting with this." OMG Why? I had so much fun with hobbyists and social groups that he or she called worthless. It was add such a great variety to gameplay and I liked the idea of lot levels. I am confused. This mod looks unfinished and think I should not use any mod made by this person since now.
Regards Vic ^_^

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Advertisement
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#27 Old 19th Jan 2021 at 1:36 PM
Well, yes, unfortunately it's not safe to delete families using that nhood button. Neither is the cheat "deleteallcharacters" safe. You should ONLY use Theo's method to delete sims. But don't worry, many people have done that in the past. Even I did. It's the "easiest" and most common way to corrupt a neighborhood, LOL! But hey, I also had to recreate my first neighborhood which I have ever made just because of these little things that seem to be so harmless, but are dangerous in fact.

Quote:
So even my hood has a lot of dead souls in it. Well... let it be. Until they won't corrupt entire neighborhood and I couldn't play characters
and families at all.

I'm very sorry to disappoint you, but this is literally what's eventually going to happen. You can keep playing in corrupted neighborhoods, of course. But one day, it will just disappear. Sooner or later... depending on how much corrupted your neighborhood is. 2k+ SimDNA files really doesn't sound good. I mean, you could still play the neighborhood yourself in your game, that's your game. But you should take into consideration that a shared neighborhood should at least be corruption-free. Otherwise, you might break other people's games. That's why, corrupted neighborhoods usually get rejected on MTS. (if you want to upload the neighborhood in the future)

Playing TS2 in an unmodded game is unfortunately quite prone to corruption. You should at least have the Essential Mods installed, which don't really add any new features or all... they just literally fix the game actually.

Finally, it's not about the hobbyists and social groups in general. Cyjon disabled them from the menu, because the Townie & NPC Maker didn't create proper hobbyists and social group members. Usually, the game wouldn't even use them and would generate new ones instead; they'd just be left unused in your neighborhood. So, that's why the option has been disabled to prevent corruption, again. But don't worry! The hobbyists will still spawn in-game when they are needed. (Unless you have this mod installed) You don't need to force them to be generated. The same is also true for social group members. I have Cyjon's Townie & NPC Maker installed myself and still see newly generated hobbyists in my game whenever a sim gains enough hobby enthusiasm.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Theorist
Original Poster
#28 Old 20th Jan 2021 at 10:54 AM
Okaaay. I learned from your words that playable hood and shared should to be two different hoods. And that's not just copypasting story. Not sure if this hood could be shared since there.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Trainee Moderator
#29 Old 20th Jan 2021 at 6:21 PM
This can definitely be demotivating. I, myself, didn't like how the inhabited Aileen Landing turned out, so I'm planning on recreating that neighborhood one day, too... not now, though. But I figured that I could still share the empty neighborhood for now and do the inhabited one once I feel like doing that.

For your neighborhood, you could also use this method to create an empty shareable neighborhood first. Upload the empty neighborhood for now and then, proceed to do the inhabited version once you feel like doing that.

The second time, you'll know that you shouldn't be deleting sims, etc. and I promise, the second time things will definitely improve.

Don't give up on this, though! Neighborhood creation definitely is a challenging process and if it's inhabited, then it's even more challenging. But you'll earn a badge for completing a neighborhood project when you upload your first neighborhood on MTS, to acknowledge your hard work!

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Theorist
Original Poster
#30 Old 21st Jan 2021 at 12:29 PM
I wish to make neighborhood, but those would be much simplyfied like hoods you made from Sim Stories. With no townies, NPCs and social classes. Just with residents.
I guess it should have another theme. Since I did not know a lot of things, I see this project is too huge to handle with my current knowlege. Guess I would have another questions for next one. Should I start new thread for it?

Trainee Moderator
#31 Old 21st Jan 2021 at 11:12 PM
I'd say let the neighborhood rest for a while. There's no need to rush things. You can upload the neighborhood anytime you want. So, I'd suggest you to just leave the neighborhood somewhere safe, take a break from it and play the actual game for a while.

Whenever I feel frustrated about a neighborhood, I usually do that too to just get my mind off of it, until I feel ready again to start working on the neighborhood. Trust me, you can handle it, too! It's just that you feel slightly overwhelmed or maybe frustrated now, due to what happened and maybe, you actually liked how the simmies in your neighborhood turned out to be and recreating all of them seems to be tons of work... but don't worry, it's not actually. I could help you with that. If you want to restore the original looks of your townies/NPCs from your old neighborhood, I could give you instructions on how to do that using Alt Sim Surgery.

If you feel ready to proceed, don't be too much scared about corruption. Just play as you'd normally do in normal neighborhoods. Start with re-creating the sims/families which were in the previous version. (Again, it's possible to extract the sims from your old neighborhood to CAS using SimPE), so that you can re-create the families in the clean neighborhood, based on the extracted sims. Who knows, maybe you get creative and even make a few adaptions while re-creating them or you even create some more extra sims/families.

You may also create the townies, NPCs, social classes if you wish. There's nothing wrong with neighborhood that are already shipped with customized townies/NPCs. It'll definitely make your neighborhood more interesting to play! The reason why I didn't include the townies/NPCs in the Sims Stories neighborhood is just that they were all boring/ugly template face sims in the original neighborhoods... and there isn't really a point of including a set of townies/NPCs that are not even customized. I could have customized them, yes, but then, it wouldn't be a Maxis re-creation anymore. So, that's why I skipped doing that... not necessarily because of the amount of sims.

If you want to create townies/NPCs, though, just do it in the correct way this time. Don't use the Kill option on Townie & NPC Maker and/or the Delete button in neighborhood view and you're good to go! Always accept any townie/NPC generated by that tool and change the names, appearances, faces, etc. afterwards in SimPE.

If you have questions (ie how to use Alt Sim Surgery to make-over generated NPCs) or any other questions you may have about neighborhood creation, feel free to either create a new thread, PM me or write it here too. You may also PM other neighborhood creators for advice, of course!

My Simblr
Theorist
Original Poster
#32 Old 8th Aug 2021 at 11:17 AM
Hello! It is not decided question about unfreeze this neighborhood. But I found some ideas for that.

As I said previously, this neighborhood was made for my own. But since Jawusa said this is not safe to share neighborhood that you usually play with, we came up to share it unpopulated. I found some time to clear it from sims with Jawusa's proper tutorial. And now it is unplopulated.

But again, as said many times, that was made for my own. Some changes were made along his story when I played it. Katarina divorced Jules Wheeler and now live alone in the new house. It's not already so pink (her favourite color) as her first one but still reminds about cotton-floss (picture attached)

Landgraab's accoutant moved to a new rowhouse in center. Original rowhouse was from here . I was reamde it in part so it's not already look like original one. Anyways I decided to ask author's permission to share it with proper credit with neighborhood in case I will ever finish Trio Lake. But he's keeping silence, when being active at MTS. I am confused.

Now I just feel myself confused and in search of new ideas for this neighborhood. I found that can't really handle it alone. Even Cobaltsunflowers permission to share houses was not enough for this. I see that I need more resources, houses, ideas and sims about Industrail Revolution. Your support is very important for me.
Regards Vic ^_^
Screenshots

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#33 Old 8th Aug 2021 at 11:41 AM
@Victor_tor Perhaps you could post some pictures of the whole neighbourhood, and list the families you have already. Then we could better see what you have, and what needs doing, and offer some ideas. Do you need houses or community lots, or sims, and what CC are you allowing, and what rules are you following (for example, is technology allowed?). You say you have 24 community lots on the first post, is that still the case and what is on those lots?
Theorist
Original Poster
#34 Old 8th Aug 2021 at 1:32 PM Last edited by Victor_tor : 8th Aug 2021 at 1:56 PM. Reason: ages were added
Oh hello, simsaple! Thank you for your attention. I'll try answer each of your question.

Well there was a list that made for first version before I found out my neighborhood is corrupted. The number of citizens was changed and I edited the a table now to fit its current state. Things are pretty much the same here, but family funds information is sure obsolete for each family. And I put some Nota Bene in "Current Story" depending on changes I had done. There is a lot of things to read and explore. So prepare yourself with a coffee cup ^_^

Family NameHouseholdMembersFundsDescription (or Special Flags)Current story
Entrepreneurs337 Worker AvenueSeema Sielen(TF) Karl Simon(TM) Todd Landgraab (TM)260Apartment owner let to live here any roommates who would pay bills full for house and garden and also will keep his local store running with small salary. Teen and children at work are welcomed. Now this property is occupied by ambitious trinity of teens; pushed by family and friends to live for themeselves.Were holding home business foe some time. Now they are in family bin
FlynnThe Third HouseMaggie Flynn(TF) Mitchell Flynn(TM) Cora Flynn(TodF) Edmund Flynn(AM)125124When Jackson Bishop recieved a letter from Flynn estatelayer detailing the poor; rich orphans who were coming to live their long lost Uncle they're never met; he decided this was a chance to improve his standing and become guardians of children for their fortune. Good old Edmund Flynn drowned and the kids *did* need a guardian after all. He is just being charitable!.. right.Still living in the same house with "true" Edmund Flynn's grave on it
GothMoonrise Hill CitadelRebecca Goth (AF) Lolita Goth (AF) Morgana Goth (EF) Elura Goth (EF) Viktor Goth (CM) Samuel Goth (CM) Buttons Goth (adult catAM)606995Rebecca was interested about who's her mother when live in Sweet Maple Coast. Solvation came up suddenly. One day two old eccentric wemen; her aunts; literally fell from the sky. Once she came at Trio Lake to meet them; weird facts were start to emerge since she ever open this castle door. She found this castle is placed on swamp with cemetery of famous town persons; died by torturous death; all Goths are cursed and she has a sister. Well; she had never meant herself usual person; but the further the more. You'll see what happened then in Trio Lake Storybook.Got a maid who is final 8th family member and live with them around the clock. Her name is Lolita. There are two Lolitas.
KlaksonJoe's Petrol and GarageLarry Klakson (AM) Joe Klakson (EM)2980Joe is an owner of Joe's Cabs; new but successful car dealership. He think himself to run own business too late cause now Joe is close to bite the dust. He counts on his son Larry. In hope for him to have a good family and inherit his business. But son is more interested in girls and his own whims. This makes his dad upset.Were removed from neighborhood (yeah; with delete button; no proper way)
Landgraab Sunrise Hill Tudor ManorKermit Landgraab (AM) Kitty Landgraab (AF) Chester Landgraab (toddlerM)1052005Attracted by industrial revolution; Landgraabs came here to expand their might to new horizons. But first Langraabs were pair called Kitty and Gregory. They were lived their usual life like any others do. And then Greg suddenly got into a good deal. Great money made him whimsical and their love had start to decay. When love has gone; Kitty divorsed Gregory; and he leaved. Then Kitty meets Kermit; Greg's brother; and marries him. Kermit starts his own business on brother's money part. But neighbors disliked Langraabs. Rumors has it that Kitty is called maneater and Kermit is not too kind to his co-workers and make them do most hard and dirty work. That decreases his fame and wish of Sims to get hired as well. WIll their millions help them to buy trust of neighbors?Got a maid (a servo) who is a family member and live with them around the clock
Limb (AM)1 Flapit CornerJack Limb168Jack is said to be a sewer and toy collector. It's seen by his collection of toys in his rooms. He is romantically involved with Sarah; but also none other then Katarina Stewart; another toy collector. He visits her store very often and feels like they could be nice business couple. But since his passion; Sarah; was stolen by Roderick Synapse he can't sleep tight.Moved out from apartment to individual middle-class house. Stil unmarried and live separated
OswaldAccountant's ResidenceSpencer Oswald (AM)8068Spencer Oswald is the Landgraab family accountant. He likes golden stuff that shows his luxury and money. They say he cheated and got his funds illegal way. But he don't care and do his job for Landgraab family for many years already.Moved to Luxury Victorian Rowhouse
Prince-EvansFlower Lover's CottageMonty Prince (EM) Clarice Prince (EF) Cornell Evans (TM) Cecilia Evans (TF)63876Cecilia and Cornell have had enough. Instead of living the life on normal children their mother forced them into regiment existence that was shifted their creativity and freedom. Sure they know more skills in their early youth then most Sims would but at what cost? They're run away to live with their grandparens hoping to find out who they are who they want to be before adulthood sets in.Left with no changes. But lot placement was changed
StewartCandy-Floss MansionKatarina Stewart (AF) Juleus Wheeler (AM)97650Katarina; a pure lady; who loves everything pink from one side and Juleus; the congressman; welthy and frugal from other. Kho ever knew that life could gather such different persons under one roof. Table is ready and backyard is prepaired for wedding. Katarina is happy with Juleus; however... Juleus is not so fast with his desision to get married. Would it be? Or will feelings flew away with wind like pink fairy dust?Katarina divorced Juleus and live in her own new manor. Juleus is in family bin now and waiting for his new home
SynapseParasited VictorianRoderick Synapse (AM) Sarah Holden (AF)3000Dr. Synapse never meant to be an evil scientist. He loved science; he just did not love Love. It was fat too complicated. So he dd what any scientist would do. He kidnappedthe sweetest girl in his former town to dissect her brain and figure out just how it works. You know; For Science!Roderick Synapse reached the top of career
WinchesterVictorian RowhouseCedrick Winchester (AM) Odessa Winchester (AF)25000Odessa and Cedrick come from a long line of blue-blooded royals but had their throne usurped when the townsfolk felt that they were a bit too crazy to be rulers. They've found a town where they feel comfortable and they're trying their hand at Politics. Royalty here; Royalty there; what does it matter when you're royalty?New family that will have veery special manor I am currwntly building. Pics will be later
Wrecking CrewCoal Mine #1Marion Mines (EM) Louis Mines (AM)342Old Marion works at Coal Mine #1 with his son Louis a lot. Those two strongman own home business where sell coal for chimneys and home appliances made from cast iron. Friends may say Marion works with iron; but has a heart of gold. This trait might be great for Louis' dreams when iherited. Louis is dreaming of big happy family and six children.Were started home business and rised it to level 3
Angelov (AM) the balack oneMoonrise Hill CitadelVegas AngelovN/A(deceased by disease)Took part in Rebecca and Lolita Goth's stories. Was murdered. Look it in Goths
FlynnThe Third HouseEdmund Flynn (AM)N/A(deceased by drowning)Took part in Flyyn's family story. Was deseased. Look it in Flynn
GothMoonrise Hill CitadelMinerva Goth (EF)N/A(deceased by old age)Took part in Rebecca and Lolita Goth's stories. Rebecca and Lolita's mother. Look it in Goths
MashugaMoonrise Hill CitadelSylvia Marie Mashuga (AF) Frankie Mashuga (AM) hugging pairN/A(deceased by fire)Was removed entirely to redice neighbourhood size
Sklodowska CurieMoonrise Hill CitadelMaria Salomea Sklodowska (AF) woth brown skirtN/A(deceased by electrocution)Was removed entirely because her grave was stuck
OwensMoonrise Hill CitadelMichael Owens (AM)N/A(deceased by satelite hit)Took part in Rebecca's story. Mas killed by accident. Look it in Goths
LandgraabN/AGregory Landgraab (AM)N/A(townie)Took part in Landgraab family story. Look it in Landgraab
Prince-EvansN/APerpetua Evans (AF)N/A(townie)Took part in Prince-Evans family story. Look it in Prince-Evans
AnneMoonrise Hill CitadelQueen Anne (AF) woman with crownN/A(deceased by fear)Was removed entirely to reduce neighbourhood size
Au LaitMoonrise Hill CitadelMarie Au Lait (AF) red haired in black dressN/A(deceased by flies)Was removed entirely to reduce neighbourhood size

There was lot of staff, downtownies and NPC sims with custom created names, biographies and clothes but I won't probably share information about them. But I have a picture of them

Theorist
Original Poster
#35 Old 13th Aug 2021 at 6:53 PM
I renamed City to borough to make it look even more British Some shots from how it is now:

those two white houses in picture that sharing on wall are new and by oliverstrahle they are awesome but they leaving me confusin about how they were done. I am absolutely in love with basement. I think I'll never repeat anything alike. Just because I don't know nothing about Victorian Terraces

I added a graveyard. In fact it is King's Gargen from Lot bin, but it think this would be great as graveyard. Also decided to use it because I am lack with ideas for graveyard.

Those building is pending construction so you can see columns made for CFE cheat.

And here is the lake with Cotton-Floss Manor from afar. I will demolish houses with vehicle sales and gas station eventually. It's kinda contraversial for victorian themed neighbourhood, right? Do you has any ideas what to place there?

Other pictures show no changes. I share it here just n case.
Screenshots

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#36 Old 13th Aug 2021 at 7:32 PM
I love the sims and neighbourhood so far! Those lakes are stunning, really look good with the buildings around them. For the area with the vehicle sales and the gas station, what about doing something like a resort there? The victorians loved the seaside, so maybe a beach area, spa, promenade... somewhere for sims to meet and walk and 'take the air'? You could even build a pier.
Screenshots
Theorist
Original Poster
#37 Old 13th Aug 2021 at 7:58 PM Last edited by Victor_tor : 13th Aug 2021 at 8:14 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I love the sims and neighbourhood so far! Those lakes are stunning, really look good with the buildings around them. For the area with the vehicle sales and the gas station, what about doing something like a resort there? The victorians loved the seaside, so maybe a beach area, spa, promenade... somewhere for sims to meet and walk and 'take the air'? You could even build a pier.

Hmm... I thought about it previously. I used neighborhood Lagoons map made by Angellasimmer. She has also a guide map in those thread that I used to follow when placed all lots. According to her zones and places I can't place beach lot from those lake side. :\

I'd like to replace those two buildings first
But actually I could build something like this. Even this is close to insanity. How even it was build on such tiny legs? Reminds me of Auntie Josephine's house from Lemony Snicket’s Series of Unfortunate Events.
Screenshots

Theorist
Original Poster
#38 Old 22nd Aug 2021 at 10:28 PM
Ok. Because simsample asked me to say few words about this neighborhood, I preapred here a short guide about Trio Lake Borough. With some explainations:

1st area (red circle) - Low class living area with cheapest apartments from $300 to $3k for working class. It has high street with gambling house, flea pit and two poor parks. It also has Food factory that functions as full big canteen. Almost done but I'd like to replace the striked lot. It is Old Textile Mill Dormitory by Cobaltsunflowers. I feel confusing about it look more postindustrial rather then something from victorian era. For example this factory looks much worthy. But I can't grab it with no premission. So this area is something that need to be remodelled but I don't know how.

2nd area (green circle)
- govermental area with Industrial Assembly (much works like a townhall), the plaza nearby and memorial to Trio Lake founders. This area is well prepared. I won't change there anything.

3rd area (blue circle) - Moonrise Hill. This is an area where all villains of this city are living. It has one WIP house that shoud to be a Palace. It needs a lot of build and there would be a lot of adjusting, tweaking on there. But I have a plan for it. It needs much of my time and much of my patience.

4th area (cyan circle) - Moonrise Hill Base area. This is where escaped servants are hiding. It also has one woman that lives in Cotton Floss Manor that was represented in earlier screenshot. After simsaple came with idea to make a bach lot, this area is only that has lake banks that suit. Two squares show the places for beach lot. I need to choose one. Then I could start to build there something insane that simsample was mentioned The most confusing lot there that is marked with ? is Water Tanks. Where could I move this? Is that really worth for recreational area? What should I do with this? Any ideas?

5th area (magenta circle) - industrial area. Mostly occupied by plants from neighborhood decorations, it has two warehouses as community lots and one residential Former Archive I don't plan to rebuild until needed. I think it's well done.

6th area (yellow area) - Middle class houses. this region need to be completely rebuild. Two houses need to be demolished for sure and replaced by something. It might be rowhouses or terraced houses. I know how to populate it, but don't know what houses it needs. Currently it has two lots from Londons Belgravia series that I mark as questioned. They are complicated to rebuild and I don't know how it actually were build. but also had not agreement with oliverstrahle to add it to this neighborhood. I don't know if I need to let it stay or delete it.
kim gave me a permission to add her https://modthesims.info/d/246109/al...race-no-cc.html houses with proper credit. Are they fine houses for replace? please give me your opinion.

7th area (orange area) - city center. There is something that visitors see when arrive. As said previously, it should be rebuilt too. It already has Police Department and Job Search Office. Maybe add there horse stables? Or a shool? I could add 3x1 lot that is marked with ?. I could place there train staion for example. But I need more ideas. If I won't have any solutions, I will build it up with lots from Catherine's British Houses. I got her permission, so at least one could appear. But first I should to get rid from gas station an sales house for vehicles.

8th area (light blue cirle) - Sunrise Hill. This is vast area with rare buildings on it. There are two coal mines, fire brigade, one huge mansion with park and cemetery. This area is polluted by mines and has just one building where mines owner lives. This is an area that I guess well done. Maybe one day I will add there more mines as neighborhood decorations or something. By now it is fine.

this picture depicts the area behind the aquedict. It has a lot of factories that were actually done following levels of factory job from old-old game The Sims Online. There are eleven of houses that furnished according to The Sims Online factory plants. And their names are the same i. e. Factory Level 0, Factory Level 1, Factory Level 2 etc. Mostly were made for design and space filling. But can be bought for business.

Sorry for mispells in text.
Screenshots

Theorist
Original Poster
#39 Old 29th Aug 2021 at 7:00 PM
Some views of those mansion that was marked WIP on the map

Screenshots

Lab Assistant
#40 Old 29th Aug 2021 at 8:26 PM
Loving the way you've used constrainfloorelevation false to create a custom roof for the mansion, it must have taken a lot of time and effort. Can't wait to see the mansion fully complete it's gonna look amazing.

Sometimes I feel like one of the unborn Ottomas twins.
Theorist
Original Poster
#41 Old 29th Aug 2021 at 11:52 PM Last edited by Victor_tor : 30th Aug 2021 at 8:56 AM. Reason: Added two extra screenshots
Quote: Originally posted by rb47798
Loving the way you've used constrainfloorelevation false to create a custom roof for the mansion, it must have taken a lot of time and effort. Can't wait to see the mansion fully complete it's gonna look amazing.

Thank you I can't rememeber how much time I spended to realise how to create this roof. The most hard was to keep decorative roof stripes horisontally. It was nade me to edit this roof thrice until I got it like in screenshots.
This design is based on Sandringham Estate in most its part. And it should belong to Winchester family in this neighborhood. But guess I need to share this exactly estate separated from entire neighborhood.

Screenshots

Theorist
Original Poster
#42 Old 12th Sep 2021 at 12:06 PM
Hello guys! The castle I was posted before is finished. I found the base for it is a Queen's winter residence. So I have an idea to publish it later in December as lot dedicated to Christmas. I am a bit confused about how actually publish it since I made it for this old victorian neighborhood. Thishood is following very challenging guidelines. It has no smoke detectors or burglar alarms. It also has just live music instruments with no any technics like stereos and TVs due to those fact they were not existed that time. Is that really fine to share it without those amenities?

I found this abandoned article that contains very neat terraced houses that were not finished. I think when sliced in one per lot and placed on London Belgravia's lot size those houses will be awesome for my middle class zone (zone 6). This would be great layout for my time saving and a way to create long lane of identical houses with walls sharing that is so typical for British terraced houses. @CatherineTCJD has showed me the method to create such houses with Moothilda's Lot Adjuster. And that might be something I will place in a queue for this neighborhood.

I was also very excited that Catherine allowed me to use her London Series lots for this neighborhood. I will use this chance for sure. I already dowloaded one of her houses that fits perfect for poor area 1 of this neighborhood. I will share pictures of how those house was adapted to this neighborhood rules. It had much changes with interior. But I did not change the walls, windows and doors. You'll see it.

Due to things said I am glad to say this project is unfreezed now. And now it is in WIP state again. Many thanks for feedback and thanks to Catherine!

Regards Vic ^_^

Mad Poster
#43 Old 12th Sep 2021 at 2:09 PM
Oh! You are sweet to mention me
Your "mansion" roof up there ^ looks very nice! I'm glad you figured it out - TS2 roof can be such a PITA!
If you need more help with Grid/Lot-Adjusting, please let me know - I'd love to help (if I can)

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
Original Poster
#44 Old 13th Sep 2021 at 4:27 PM
There are also sone other great creators who gave permission to use their houses and custom content. They are:
@angellasimmer I used her Lagoons map and landscape park there
@cobaltsunflowers who's Third House is 3rd area and Archive starter in 5th
@popebarley I used their british terraced houses that are absolutely amazing
@cookinmama07 I used their Tudor Dream House by Kerri that was furnished and placed in 8th area.

All those creators were nice to mention in PM or their policy to let other players to use their houses and stuff. Many thanks to them!

@oliverstrahle @Queen of France and @Pythia have their houses placed there too. Oliver's british houses are the only that fit 6th area now. Pythia's High Street was used as shell but recycled sagnificantly snd expanded with church and wedding area. While Queen's Luch Logings are the only that suits in size and can offer apartments before 1k price. I did not get their permission to utilise their houses. If I won't get it, those houses could be replaced by others. But I also want them to know by this mention in post.

Also there are two other creators who are in reserve
@m618915 has really great Textile Factory. Although I am not sure I will ever use it in this neighborhood. I sent the request to use it for share with neighborhood just in case, but use of those lot is questionable due to those fact it has CC. And this borough should not have any.
@kim-simpearls was very kind to let me to utilize her creations. But when count all free space I found that I have no place for their Alexander Terrace. But once I found, I willl add it to neighborhood. Now I can thank you once more with all of my graditude <3

I mentioned here all creators but Catherine who's works I used here. I promise to mention their in credits to neighborhood when shared. I wish this list to be like it is now or even improved but if you has any desagrees with utilizing your houses please let me know in this thread or in PM. Let me know if you don't want me to use your houses and I will remove it immideately.

Sorry for interruption of creators mentioned. Have a nice day.
Regards Vic ^_^

Instructor
#45 Old 13th Sep 2021 at 6:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Victor_tor
I renamed City to borough to make it look even more British Some shots from how it is now:

those two white houses in picture that sharing on wall are new and by oliverstrahle they are awesome but they leaving me confusin about how they were done. I am absolutely in love with basement. I think I'll never repeat anything alike. Just because I don't know nothing about Victorian Terraces

I added a graveyard. In fact it is King's Gargen from Lot bin, but it think this would be great as graveyard. Also decided to use it because I am lack with ideas for graveyard.

Those building is pending construction so you can see columns made for CFE cheat.

And here is the lake with Cotton-Floss Manor from afar. I will demolish houses with vehicle sales and gas station eventually. It's kinda contraversial for victorian themed neighbourhood, right? Do you has any ideas what to place there?

Other pictures show no changes. I share it here just n case.

It is wonderful to see your work done with one of my neighborhood templates, I don't know if it is about world created to download on the site but I know I was delighted with the pictures,
Theorist
Original Poster
#46 Old 14th Sep 2021 at 10:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by angellasimmer
It is wonderful to see your work done with one of my neighborhood templates

Yeah I also love to see thing I did in use. Some creators don't love but I do.
Quote: Originally posted by angellasimmer
I don't know if it is about world created to download on the site but I know I was delighted with the pictures,

I don't know either.
That will depend on some circumstances if it will be available for share or not. This is neighborhood I created for myself. And I noticed that I need to make some moves before share it. And this moves are - rebuild this neighborhood entirely LoL

I'll try to publish hot news about it here. Most that related to its building part but not about its characters. This neighborhood has the story behind it. Because it continues storyline of Midnight Hollow. It's long enough to share it with only one post.

Theorist
Original Poster
#47 Old 15th Sep 2021 at 6:03 PM
Hello guys today I start BIG cleanup in this neighborhood according to my plan from 38th post.
After I found great London theme houses by Catherine, I decided to use some of her. And first I will clear is 1st area. Suddenly I found that one of her houses is really great for my 1st area so I decided to place one of her houses there. I will move Jack Limb into those house but first I wanna share his cottage where he currently lives.

Jack is a toy collector. He is sitting expressionlessly and drink canned juice in the morning. He don't know yet he'll be moved to another house. Guess he will be surprised to find himself in the new house less spacious, much cheaper and with annoying neighbour inside.

His current homeland is 2nd already. He lived in the tiny room with fleas before, and now he has a cottage that was created by @Watermelonsandal and he shared it there
There are some screenshots of this house attached. Interior and floor plans. Maybe you will find it aestethically pleasing/inspirative. Although I will demolish it, I decided to say many thanks to WS for his Shields road series. All houses in this series are good regardless they had not found appropriate place in this neighborhood.
Regards Vic ^_^

Forum Resident
#48 Old 16th Sep 2021 at 12:08 AM Last edited by Sokisims : 16th Sep 2021 at 1:15 AM.
What I like the most is that there are different creators, that gives a lot of variety to the neighborhood. Also that you mix industrial with Victorian. You could give some families a steampunk style. That suits with the neighborhood a lot. Also I love the terrain and the idea of ​​the mine and the pollution too.

Regarding your concern that things fit together, I think that when you have all the batches, it is a matter of changing some trees, wall colors or decorations if you want it to suit more. Sometimes helps me to know the story of the characters of the neighborhood to make places that fit a bit. Anyway, what I see, I really like it!

And well, about creating a clean populated neighborhood. I don't speak English, so understanding a tutorial for me is twice the effort (especially with simpe). So my way of creating them is a hybrid between the perfect way of making them indicated by Jawusa, and some shortcuts with gussy up, simblender or insimenator, (creation of townies, age changes) (with insimenator I do very specific things, since you have to know it well so that some tools do not get out of control ... I don't know how to explain it in another way, but it is better to change relations with simblender.) I also use memory manipulator to add memories and then change the order with simpe, the sethour trick also helps me to keep the batches on Monday at 7:00 without letting more days go by and "play" all the stories to later change the order of memories with simpe. I also use lastnamecopier to change names.

Although I think we actually all use the same essential mods to avoid auto-spawning townies, wolves, stealth hoods, corruption...

Anyway, always trust what Jawusa tell you, I'm just a bum who has found his technique. The tutorial to create a clean neighborhood was what helped me the most. Also I had to rebuild my neighborhood several times, because I always forgot things.
Theorist
Original Poster
#49 Old 24th Sep 2021 at 9:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sokisims
What I like the most is that there are different creators, that gives a lot of variety to the neighborhood. Also that you mix industrial with Victorian. You could give some families a steampunk style. That suits with the neighborhood a lot. Also I love the terrain and the idea of ​​the mine and the pollution too.

What I have learn about Victorian times that it was beautiful but unhappy. That's the main idea I decided to go with this neighborhood.

Regarding your concern that things fit together, I think that when you have all the batches, it is a matter of changing some trees, wall colors or decorations if you want it to suit more. Sometimes helps me to know the story of the characters of the neighborhood to make places that fit a bit. Anyway, what I see, I really like it!

I have a plan to replace some houses entirely. Not just trees or decorations. Along with time this neighborhood grows and evolute too. I came with idea of Midnight Hollow first that was merely based on sleepy towns from classical monochrome horror movies.
Now this neighborhood come to criminal's den or something. So this place become even dangerous now.

And well, about creating a clean populated neighborhood. I don't speak English, so understanding a tutorial for me is twice the effort (especially with simpe). So my way of creating them is a hybrid between the perfect way of making them indicated by Jawusa, and some shortcuts with gussy up, simblender or insimenator, (creation of townies, age changes) (with insimenator I do very specific things, since you have to know it well so that some tools do not get out of control ... I don't know how to explain it in another way, but it is better to change relations with simblender.) I also use memory manipulator to add memories and then change the order with simpe, the sethour trick also helps me to keep the batches on Monday at 7:00 without letting more days go by and "play" all the stories to later change the order of memories with simpe. I also use lastnamecopier to change names.

Thank you for the tips. Maybe... I should use memory manipulator and simblender.

Although I think we actually all use the same essential mods to avoid auto-spawning townies, wolves, stealth hoods, corruption...

Oh well. Corruption is word that featured the Sims 2 That knowlege makes play less joyful and always keeps you on guard. That's so unhealthy. Until I go with this, I keep peeling the eye on its sympthoms. And I see populated borough is close to become corrupted because it has more then 2k DNA leftovers in its files.

Anyway, always trust what Jawusa tell you, I'm just a bum who has found his technique. The tutorial to create a clean neighborhood was what helped me the most. Also I had to rebuild my neighborhood several times, because I always forgot things.

I will. Jawusa suggested me to share this hood unpopulated. With Jawusa's help I found characters here were really bad prepaired for sharing.

But I am happy to have no reports about Plathville, my first and last neighborhood shared here. That makes me think my job was done good. Or... people hesitate to tell me about any cases. Anyways. I am not very popular around MTS community and the Sims game community as well. Maybe the reason is just people don't see me at all.
My first goal is to share it unpopulated.
Thank you for your time.
Regards Vic

Theorist
Original Poster
#50 Old 10th Oct 2021 at 2:39 PM
Hello. Here is the new house that was merely resycled from Chelsham Road Duplex created by @CatherineTCJD
Also I did broke my mouse so I won't have any chance to build fast in a while. I have a laptop touchpad but anyways I miss mouse wheel so much! But I can make screenshots as usually! I know how to use keyboard for Tab-mode camera. So there are screens for new Jack's apartment.
It is follows the next rules of my gameplay for this neighborhood I found recently to make things a bit fair:
It has public toilets inside to exploit sims with fear of public toilets
Radiators were replaced with fireplaces and actually its chimneys are not closed by walls to increase this house poverty feeling.
floors has holes that is covered by rugs and all lighting is based on cadles or gas lamp designs.
I came with idea to make this house as ppor as possible so I placed a bathtub outdoors. And I decided to add another neighbor character for Jack that will be also one of my characters from Midnight Hollow. If you have any suugestions, please write in comments. I think he will be Julian Poirot. And I have an Idea to make his house side black and white chackered, because he is a mime.
Regards Vic ^_^
Screenshots

Page 2 of 8