Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maxis "Lost & Found" #25: 'Race Car' kid bedroom set - *FOR ANY GAME!* - *UPD 02-jan-07*

by Numenor Posted 31st Aug 2006 at 6:14 PM - Updated 2nd Jan 2007 at 12:47 PM by Numenor : MAJOR UPDATE! Entire set now available for ANY GAME!

205 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 203 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 9
Mad Poster
#51 Old 1st Sep 2006 at 4:53 PM
I'm guessing they were left out because they don't really fit the "glamour" theme but in which case, why were they put IN to start with?

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Mad Poster
#52 Old 1st Sep 2006 at 5:40 PM
Haha...
GL-SP got you delurked a bit...
Thanks...

Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
I'm guessing they were left out because they don't really fit the "glamour" theme but in which case, why were they put IN to start with?

So, the ones who visit MTS2 will get the rest...
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 1st Sep 2006 at 10:54 PM
Why would Maxis not include this awesome set in FFS? It's a must have for all sim kids. I even like it better than the sets they did include.

I was wondering though. Are there racing themed wallpapers and floors hidden somewhere where you found this set?

Herald Between Two Lands
Test Subject
#54 Old 2nd Sep 2006 at 12:12 AM
I love that you guys find these hidden things!

I think that sometimes Maxis isn't 100% happy with some of their creations, so while they don't take them out, they hide them. Either that, or they know we like these little easter eggs they hide around for us. xD

I just ordered GLS today... a bit late due to money issues, but I can't wait. I'm still miffed I missed the holiday stuff pack because someone told me they were getting it for me and then didn't get it. T.T I don't want to just buy the game over again for the holiday items, you know? :D

getting back on topic, thanks for this!!! You da bomb. I love your creations!
Instructor
#55 Old 2nd Sep 2006 at 12:18 AM
Woah! Nice!
I just got Glamour stuff at the exact moment it came out officially on auguast 30th... Okay, okay, I was around 30 minutes late, but hey. xP Anywho, this ef- er, dang ROCKS!
Lol. I shall have fun toying with these in my sims' houses. :D
Test Subject
#56 Old 2nd Sep 2006 at 1:03 AM
Good work!

Just a quick note - I can't remember who made them, but I have some very similar items to this that don't require the glamour pack. I have a tire end table and a very cute racing bed, and I believe I downloaded them here. Just a note for those of you who like the look of these but don't want to spring for the glamour pack. Unfortunately you'll have to search, as I can't remember any more details...

Tried to find a good photo but that's all I seem to have, sorry.
Moderator of Extreme Limericks
#57 Old 2nd Sep 2006 at 2:21 AM
Numenor, this is incredible! I can't beleive Maxis would leave a collection this extensive out of the game...

But anyway, awesome job!! :D

There's always money in the banana stand.
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 2nd Sep 2006 at 3:27 AM
More than likely, judging from past patterns, I'd say they are working on several expansions at once, and occasionally they are probably using objects intended for later expansions in marketing and internal tests. Possibly they design the objects first, and the intended expansion itself is not stable yet, so they put it in a version that was closer to release as part of testing. It would be nice to think they are leaving Easter Eggs for modders, but I kind of doubt it given their consistent "delete all custom items" tech support policy.
Scholar
#59 Old 2nd Sep 2006 at 5:14 AM
You know Numenor, I think they add all this 'hidden' stuff into the game just for you, lol! You're so good at finding it all!!
Top Secret Researcher
#60 Old 2nd Sep 2006 at 5:21 AM
Thank You both for finding and setting up the files for us. This is such a cute set, I think Maxis gets a kick out of seeing if someone can find their secret files. Thanks again.
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 2nd Sep 2006 at 7:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DameSporkalot
I wonder if maybe the entire point is that Maxis puts stuff like this in there for our wonderful modders to discover for us. That or they're just weird. But I'm excited for this set because I'm a huge racing fan. Yay!

That's what I was wondering too.

You Don't have to suport the war to suport our troops
God be with my baby boy, left for Iraq 01/08/08
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 2nd Sep 2006 at 7:17 AM
Awesome job!!! Thanks so much!!

Black Holes are where God divided by zero. -Steven Wright
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 2nd Sep 2006 at 12:37 PM
now i want to create a shumacher family ....

Ooooh, my signature was too old, but I don't have anything to write now...
Test Subject
#64 Old 2nd Sep 2006 at 1:56 PM
You all amaze me...how on earth do you find this stuff? (rhetorical ?) and GL has been out, what?3 days? Awesome!

It's a Terri Clark thing...you wouldn't understand

Terri Clark\ter-e\klark n. party startin', guitar slingin', hillbilly rockstar.
Instructor
#65 Old 2nd Sep 2006 at 2:58 PM
These are really great!! I'm always looking forward to bedroom sets. Thank you so much for finding them and sharing it all with us

Professional Vincent Valentine Glomper Extraordinaire

Sephiroth's FFVII RP Forum -Needs active members!-
Test Subject
#66 Old 2nd Sep 2006 at 11:49 PM
Thank you! It's so cute!
Field Researcher
#67 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 12:58 AM
There is no word in any language to describe how awesome you are, Numenor! Thanks!!

"I always wanted to fly in strange machines"
Instructor
#68 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 7:56 AM
Wow, I have no clue when I'll be able to get Glamour Life, but this might make it worth my while to get it sooner than later. My Sim kids are in need of new furniture just for them...

I don't get why so many Simmers hate Marsha Bruenig. She actually grows up to be quite pretty if you allow her to.
Test Subject
#69 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 9:46 AM
OMG this is amazing!!! I have seldom a look to mts, but I have since a long time an eye of your creations! Have a well earned vacation time!!
Top Secret Researcher
#70 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 3:56 PM
My son will love this,it's so cute!! i dont know why they leave out the best stuff, it's so weird , luckily we have you to share with us all the hidden maxis goodies, huge thanks!

You will find my older and newest creations here
Miss Bona Fiscalia
#71 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 5:34 PM
Thanks, Numenor. I knew the moment I saw this, I just had to get GLS. Awesome!

"Morning, Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothin' but the rain."

Instructor
#72 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 5:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gualsim
Hi! this is the first time I write here, but it's just I have to say something. Maybe the reason Maxis did not release this set is because is a shameless copy of a complete set named vroom! from parsimonious web page, they even look like the same meshes. You can check what I say here:
http://www.parsimonious.org/furniture2/kids/7.shtml

Okay, maybe you ought to look a bit closer at the meshes used. There are distinct differences. Perhaps the inspiration for the maxis hidden set came from the set on parsimonious.org, but the sets have their distinct qualities that set them apart from each other.

I don't get why so many Simmers hate Marsha Bruenig. She actually grows up to be quite pretty if you allow her to.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#73 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 7:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsbaby
Glad you got them working! I was so happy when I found those items. Anyways, going to download when the site gets working again.

Yes, LyricLee told me about your finding when the "Lost&Found" was almost ready; there were so many hidden items in this set that I'm not surprised that other people have found them as fast as me; I've seen also some comments about this set on MoreAwesomeThanYou.
Anyway, I don't take particular credits in having found them; the most difficult thing was to "revive" the bed, that was really messed up (all the joints were missing!)

Quote: Originally posted by gualsim
Maybe the reason Maxis did not release this set is because is a shameless copy of a complete set named vroom! from parsimonious web page, they even look like the same meshes. You can check what I say here:
http://www.parsimonious.org/furniture2/kids/7.shtml

This is extremely odd... By the way, I didn't even remember that I helped them with the bed...
Yes, the meshes are not exactly indentical, but the similarities are countless!

Quote: Originally posted by mokuyobi
Why is this labeled "Maxis Lost and Found #27", but the last Lost and Found you posted was #24? What happened to #25 and #26? :O

Ehm... I'm not sure... Usually I assign the numbers when the Lost&Found items are ready to be posted, but perhaps I numbered by mistake a couple of Neighborhoods decorations that were never released: #26 should be a tombstone (that still doesn't work), and #27 is a Will Wright boulder (that probably someone else had already found and released). I'll check them; thanks for pointing out.

Quote: Originally posted by karen82869
I was just getting ready to pop in the CD to install GLS and already SOMEONE whom I THOUGHT was on vacation, has found another gem!

I'm still on vacation But every now and then I spend a day in town...

Quote: Originally posted by Yargo179
Are there racing themed wallpapers and floors hidden somewhere where you found this set?

There is a "Racing" themed floor set hidden in the FFS, and posted by LyricLee: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=151913

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#74 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 2:38 AM
More than likely they cut these items as "glamourous" and "racing" ain't exaclty synonyms...?
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 9:12 AM
You are super, I love this, what a fantastic job you have done. Can't thank you enough for this set to me is the best find any of you creators have found. All I can say is WOW! Thank you so very much.
Page 3 of 9