Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maxis "Lost & Found" #25: 'Race Car' kid bedroom set - *FOR ANY GAME!* - *UPD 02-jan-07*

by Numenor Posted 31st Aug 2006 at 6:14 PM - Updated 2nd Jan 2007 at 12:47 PM by Numenor : MAJOR UPDATE! Entire set now available for ANY GAME!

205 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 203 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 9
Test Subject
#151 Old 25th Dec 2006 at 6:20 AM
Thank you for this download!

Very good!
Test Subject
#152 Old 25th Dec 2006 at 10:20 AM
Yesterday, I downloaded the set at Sims 2 "official" website and the lamp was flashing blue in my game. It is ridiculous that a Maxis made object is malfunctioning.

So I now know that Objects on the exhange isn't the place to be anymore. It is ModTheSims all the way. Thanks Numenor for being a better proffesional than Maxis.
Mad Poster
#153 Old 25th Dec 2006 at 6:56 PM
Well done! (and merry christmas)
I was holding back on downloading this set since I heard that MAXIS was making an official release of it but since I've found not all of the items are included I will most definately be downloading this now.
The only item that I can understand them leaving out is the rug simply because everything else is base game compatable but the base game can't do rugs.
Again I say great work and thanks a million!

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
#154 Old 26th Dec 2006 at 1:52 PM
maxis put these items up on the official site now
i saw them this morning on the exchange

-------- Get out alive ------------
-----------If i go i can only hope.....-------------
---------------..........I'll make to the other side-----
Mad Poster
#155 Old 26th Dec 2006 at 10:20 PM
And boy are they rubbish! I did download the few that were on the sims site but quickly deleted them. The thumbnail for the lamp shows up in pink(!) and only about two of the items actually have descriptions relating to them! The tyre end table talks about having a wonderful wooden finish. It's the description for one of the tables from the base game! I think I'll steer well clear from this set dispite liking it quite a fair bit.

The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#156 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 2:14 PM
I can confirm that the RaceCar bed released on the Exchange is broken: the thumbnail shows a blue bedding because of a broken link in the Shape; and it also contains some useless textures and other resources that already exist in the base game.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#157 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 8:13 PM Last edited by fanseelamb : 29th Dec 2006 at 8:22 PM.
I took one look at that blue bedding pic on the official site and didn't bother downloading it. But kudos to them for trying to do it themselves instead of stealing your work! Or maybe they couldn't steal yours because you made it require GLS? Now that would be ironic.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#158 Old 30th Dec 2006 at 10:08 AM
Lol! But in this case, we can't accuse them to have stolen anything, because the bed (and the other objects) were made by then, not me -

I've set all these object to be "GLS only" just to be correct toward Maxis (if we start picking objects from an EP, transforming them to be compatible with any game, there would be a serious copyright infringement, imho). But now they have released most of the set (not all) as compatible with any game, so I can perhaps update the Lost&Found to get rid of the "GLS only" limitation.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Instructor
#159 Old 30th Dec 2006 at 2:30 PM Last edited by SimJymm : 30th Dec 2006 at 4:14 PM.
I've used all of your found and fixed items from the beginning. I especially like the found race car bedroom. But when I noticed that Maxis had "found" them again, I took a look. Noticing the different desk they offered, which now has drawers, I downloaded only that. Well it has over written your extracted desk and now places drawers on it too. Maxis desk is on the left your desks are on the right.
Screenshots

They call me The Seeker.
I've been searching low and high.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#160 Old 31st Dec 2006 at 10:05 AM
SimJimm, thanks for the screenshot. I didn't notice the desk now has drawers, very interesting.
Unfortunately, the Maxis desk, too, has a problem: they forgot to include the recolours in the package; the recolours you see in your game are shown thanks to my own Lost&Found desk, which by the way don't include recolours for the drawers, and therefore the drawers are always red.

I definitely need to rework the Lost&Found set, so to include what's good in Maxis' release and fixing the problems.

The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#161 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 12:48 PM
02 JAN 2007 - MAJOR UPDATE!
  • Since Maxis released this set on the Exchange, making it available for anyone (not only for GLS owners), I've completely rebuilt the entire set, making it usable in any game, including the base-game only. In other words, GLS IS NO LONGER REQUIRED!
  • The updated items include the "official" catalog descriptions recently provided by Maxis.
  • The Desk released by Maxis now has a drawer cabinet; I liked the no-cabinet desk, so I decided to release a special Desk version with an optional cabinet: you choose whether you want it or not! See animated screenshot below.
  • Unlike the "official" Maxis release, this set contains all the recolours for all the objects.
  • Base-game and pre-FFS users can finally have the rug, the small armoire and the small dresser!
  • Hopefully, this reworked set should solve any problem related to missing objects from the catalog; I've personally tested ALL the objects in my base-game (using the BaseGameStarter), and they all work perfectly.
  • Fixed a bug of the ToyBox: now your sims can correctly put away the toys and join other sims already playing; pre-FFS users need THIS GLOBAL FIX in order to make it work! Read the explanations and the game requirements in the said thread.

The file "MaxisLost_RaceCarSet_ALL-GAMES.rar" contains the entire set, that works in any game, including Pets. But the standard bed isn't usable by pets, so I provided a special PETS version of the bed in the file "MaxisLost_RaceCarSingleBed_PETS.rar". Use the Pets version only in a Pets game!

The new files have the same names and GUIDs of the older ones, so they will overwrite the previous versions.
Screenshots

Mad Poster
#162 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 6:32 PM
Numenor, why does the lamp texture change in your preview image when the draws are removed from the desk? Does it do tht in the game as well?

The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#163 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 10:46 PM
No, they are not connected. It's just to show a second recolour for the cup that isn't included in the official Maxis release (but of course *is* included in mine )

Lab Assistant
#164 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 3:28 AM
i really love this set, but unfortunatley, i cannot download it, when i try to open MTS2_436539_Numenor_MaxisLost_RaceCarSet_ALL-GAMES.rar, a diagnostic message appears saying that there was an unexpected end of archive, and then when i try to extract it, 3 messages appear, 2 saying unexpected end of archive and the other says the file is corrupt. ive tried re-downloading it, but the same problem occurs, ive right clicked and saved as, the same problems, and i cant use q-express because the servers are so busy that it cant open the files. AND when i try to re-download MaxisLost_RaceCarSet_ALL-GAMES.rar, instead of downloading 2mb, it downloaded 60kb. im REALLY confused.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#165 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 11:58 PM
Try again. The servers are overloaded in these days, and the downloads can get corrupted.

Lab Assistant
#166 Old 5th Jan 2007 at 8:39 AM
i have, the downloader was working fine until it stopped and said that it finished but only downloaded 61kb. Q-Xpress isnt working either, ive been sat here for the past half hour trying to install them.
i hate it when the servers are busy!
Lab Assistant
#167 Old 7th Jan 2007 at 5:49 AM
Yay!
q-express is working again.
:D
has anyone else heard that maxis are including this set in with seasons?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#168 Old 7th Jan 2007 at 10:23 AM
Maxis has already released this set (well, part of it) freely on the exchange.

Lab Assistant
#169 Old 10th Jan 2007 at 3:12 AM
i read in a review for the game that maxis is including the racecar set in seasons, for those who dont like to download things. a bit like the christmas and halloween objects on the exchange that are included with happy holiday stuff.

ive also created some basic wallpaper and flooring to go with the set. they should look good, i haven't tried them out yet.
Lab Assistant
#170 Old 11th Jan 2007 at 10:53 PM
draik12 if they look nice could you upload them?please
Instructor
#171 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 5:32 PM
Thanks for the update. My son loves this set.

Nutty Sims Mommy.
Lab Assistant
#172 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 4:50 AM
aha, i knew somewhere it said maxis were including the set with seasons.
maxoidsam wrote in his blog:
As far as the set not being "complete", Twain is correct that there are additional items that we did not post that MTS2.com did make available. There is a matching toy box, dresser, armoire and rug that goes with this set. The reason these objects did not make it into this batch is because they require code updates that are only available in Glamour Life Stuff (or any subsequent release) in order to function properly in the game. As a general rule (there are a few exceptions, but it's rare), we try not to post items for our community that require anyone to make any additional purchases other than The Sims 2 base game, as this tends to cause player confusion and frustration.

However, these items will be included (along with the rest of the already posted items) in the Seasons Expansion Pack.

so we have the items avaliable at MTS2, the exchange, and in the game.
this is a really popular bedroom set. :D
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#173 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 8:38 AM
Thanks for the info, Draik. It's true that the additional objects not posted on the Exchange needed adjustments to the code, in order to be usable in the base-game. Most of them just needed adjustment in the internal code of the objects themselves; but the toybox needed a change in the code of the game (that's why I had to post a global fix, in order to make it usable in pre-FFS games).

I am less busy then they are, and so I could make this code updating; and I'm glad that MaxoidSam specified that the only reason why they didn't post these additional items was the need for a code update (and not a specific "commercial" decision to keep these objects not available to base-game users).

Field Researcher
#174 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 4:58 PM
You are truely amazing! I look forward to each and every item or set you find hidden in the packs. Thank you so much for all your hard work. I am now and will always be your fan! :D

Please do not upload my creations to any pay sites or the exchange. Do not include my meshes with recolors. Uploading in lots is fine on MTS2 only.

Come and check out my other creations at Thesimszone. http://www.thesimszone.co.uk/files/index.php?Section=53
Forum Resident
#175 Old 10th Feb 2007 at 2:10 AM
why did the Kid Rug not in the Decorative, Rugs category? Instead it is in the Decorative, Misc category.
Page 7 of 9