Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 1:03 AM
Default Which one is or was your favorite sims 1 expansion pack?
In my personal case was and still is Vacations!!! I also like Unleashed very much. :D
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 7:29 AM
I loved the idea of having pets, so Unleashed was a definite favorite, but I'd have to say Superstar and Vacations is tied for first. I've been looking everywhere for the Sims 1 Complete Collection for Mac, but it's only available online right now.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 10:21 PM
Yep is only online now that's the bad thing
Test Subject
#4 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 6:07 PM
I don't know all expansions, because I played only in makin magic,and so this is my fave game
Theorist
#5 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 6:51 PM
Makin' Magic or Superstars. I COULD NEVER CHOOSE BETWEEN THOSE TWO PIECES OF AWESOME.

OMAR'S BAMFERIFIC!
Be THERE or be SQUARE.
Test Subject
#6 Old 29th Aug 2010 at 3:43 PM
i loved play them all and the sims 1 was like my way to escape all the drama in my life .
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 18th Oct 2010 at 9:37 PM
Superstar! Oh, how I've started missing that one since I installed Sims 1 on my little sister's computer... Although, for some reason, her crappy computer doesn't allow me to install more than two expansions and she didn't want Superstar so... .

(I could always install it on my computer, but naaah.)
Theorist
#8 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 12:30 PM
Unleashed, definitely! The pets really add a layer of depth that none of the supernatural sims can. Our sims are kind of like our virtual pets and then with Unleashed our pets had pets of their own! That's why I always missed pets the most when they weren't included in the TS2 and TS3 base games. The Old Town was also pretty amazing at the time and I believe the spiral stairs made their debut here too. Unleashed also has one of the most awesome soundtracks in the series! I still have a few of the songs on my iPod.

Superstar is really close behind. I loved having sim celebs and some of the high-class objects were great like the spa objects and scuba tank. We also finally got more channels thanks to the satellite object. One of my most memorable moments of playing The Sims was when I made Michael Bachelor a singer. One day he went into the recording booth and the obsessed fan followed him all the way into the same room. As Michael was recording, the obsessed fan watched and was cheering so much it looked like he was going to faint!
Test Subject
#9 Old 25th Nov 2010 at 9:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fanforever8
In my personal case was and still is Vacations!!! I also like Unleashed very much. :D

My personal favorite was Making Magic because I could get my Sims into magic wars with each other plus they could go to that weird little carnival town and earn magic coins so they could buy more stuff. That was always really cool. Okay, tear in the eye time, getting nostalgic. May have to reinstall the game just to play it again. LOL!
Test Subject
#10 Old 10th Dec 2010 at 3:34 PM
I love Hot Date and Superstar. But imma pick Hot Date :D
Test Subject
#11 Old 11th Dec 2010 at 12:21 AM
Personally for me, it has to be Vacation though Unleashed is a close second. I don't know why but I just loved the sims being in a dfferentplace and doing nothing the only downside - I never knew how to make a snow man :'( other than that I miss The Sims and all the expansion packs so much :/
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 22nd Dec 2010 at 3:31 PM
hm... i LOVE vacation, makin magic and superstar expansions!! =))
<33
Test Subject
#13 Old 18th Feb 2011 at 9:46 PM
Makin' Magic! I loved that special town you could go to.
I never enjoyed Vacations, that was a waste to me. Maybe i just didn't get it.
Second is probably Unleashed, it really brought something extra. So did Superstar and that completes my top 3 :P
Banned
#14 Old 20th Feb 2011 at 9:17 PM
Makin magic! i have all the expasions packs and this is my favorite i like the dualing and bonna chilla i liked her alot.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 9th May 2011 at 12:43 AM
Making magic. Then right after comes Superstar.

Making magic just is lot of fun. All the crazy casts and spells and sleeping Will! And I love those old dresses, for example: http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k.../sims3/aaaa.jpg

I love all the stuff that comes with Superstar. I remember that I used those hyper modern counters in every kitchen at some point. Haha, I just can't stop laughing those weird music videos and Catwalk costumes http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k...0125_144053.jpg
Test Subject
#16 Old 18th Dec 2011 at 1:34 PM
For me it was unleashed for sure. Loved those little pets and the crazy Kat lady! Ah missing sims 1 now
@gelis lol at the pics!
Forum Resident
#17 Old 18th Dec 2011 at 8:25 PM
I loved them all, but if I had to pick, it'd be Superstar or Makin' Magic. I always tried to make them magical celebrities with donkey heads. I miss The Sims 1 now!! D:

"I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit." -- Bill Hicks
Test Subject
#18 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 5:39 PM
I love them all but if I had to choose one it would be Superstar.
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 18th Jun 2012 at 6:22 PM
I can hardly remember sims 1 my mum sold it when i was 6. I had Neighborhood 3 originally, 2 when my dad played it less after an update and eventually 1 after Makin' Magic was installed. I had NO idea what i was doing. Sims on Holiday was one of favourite (i went on them half the time)

Just Call me Square!
Test Subject
#20 Old 2nd Aug 2012 at 11:08 PM
Makin' Magic was my overall favourite. But I also really love Unleashed. I remember being a little girl and wishing that a Sims with pets would come out, and was so excited when it did!
Scholar
#21 Old 13th May 2013 at 2:12 PM
Hot Date
Test Subject
#22 Old 21st May 2013 at 3:54 AM
Makin' Magic and Superstars! I could never choose.
Scholar
#23 Old 22nd May 2013 at 9:15 AM
Makin' Magic was also great, I didn't really play Superstars...
Test Subject
#24 Old 12th Aug 2013 at 4:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CorpseDollyxx
Makin' Magic and Superstars! I could never choose.

+1
They were my favs as well
Mad Poster
#25 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 3:08 PM
My favorite is Unleashed because I love love love the music and New Orleans references. I love the additions to the neighborhoods, the extra families with their back stories, the gardening and the pets. It was such a slice of heaven to get that expansion. Makin' Magic was a close second, but, of course, all the expansions added so much to the game. Possibly my least favorite was House Party only because I missed having groups of Sims over without it turning into an event, other than that I enjoyed the parties and the objects.

The thing is, it's easy to forget that the base game of The Sims without Living Large does not quite seem like the Sims. So, while Living Large is not what I'd ever consider one of my favorite expansions, it is a vital one and helps to define the very character of the game (roaches, genies, the concoction station, the telescope, the love bed, servo, the tragic clown, etc...).

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.