Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Centerpiece Fireplace

by Brasstex Posted 31st Jul 2005 at 10:54 PM - Updated 1st Aug 2005 at 1:23 AM by Brasstex

165 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 163 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 7
Forum Resident
#51 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 6:35 AM
Nice job thank you can you make spiral stair cases like in the Sims1 game had? Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 8:21 AM
One quick little question
Thanks so much for the fireplace, I've wanted one for so long. I have downloaded it and am just about to install it, but I just have one quick little question. In the readme you say that it installs like your stairs (which I have as well), but it doesn't say if we need to change the buildTipIndex number like we do with the stairs. So I was wondering does that mean we don't have to then?

Thanks again for all the great stuff you make ... I love it!

Lots of love,
hexy
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 1:08 PM
Nevermind I got my answer. Am quite embarrassed now. Oh well. lol at myself. Thanks again Brasstex!
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 1:46 PM
This is so awesome, thank you! :D
Test Subject
#55 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 3:44 PM
Very nice!
Thank you for sharing!
Test Subject
#56 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 4:41 PM
Wowza ... looks really awesome!
can't wait to try it out

thank you
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 5:08 PM
very beautifull. thanks a lot
Test Subject
#58 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 5:54 PM
Absolutely AWESOME!! can't wait to try it.
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 9:48 PM
Wow!!! It´s great! Thank you!
Field Researcher
#60 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 10:05 PM
I can't wait to look in the game..its just what I like to have, it looks great. Thankxxx
Test Subject
#61 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 12:09 AM
wow it looks great thank you
Field Researcher
#62 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 1:20 AM
WOW :lovestruc, i love it! thank you!
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 1:29 AM
That looks great, Thanks
Test Subject
#64 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 8:46 AM
Default Oh HELP, HELP
I followed the read me and posted the txt at the end of the existing txt like you said; and then Notepad said "the text has changed; do you want to save?" So I clicked yes, and when I checked the other text was gone. How can I get it back so I can use the other fireplaces? I really really don't want to uninstall/reinstall. Could someone put up the original text so I can copy it and put it back in?

Thanks,
Gail
Test Subject
#65 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 12:35 PM
Looks cool. Thanks for sharing.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#66 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 3:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dwightsciple
I followed the read me and posted the txt at the end of the existing txt like you said; and then Notepad said "the text has changed; do you want to save?" So I clicked yes, and when I checked the other text was gone. How can I get it back so I can use the other fireplaces? I really really don't want to uninstall/reinstall. Could someone put up the original text so I can copy it and put it back in?

Thanks,
Gail

Okay, first of all, you NEVER need to reinstall. Just put your sims 2 (original) disk into your cd/dvd drive. Right click the drive icon (probably D, on the list that appears choose "explore" when the window opens, click TSData, then Res, then Catalog, then Scripts. Inside scripts, you will find a copy of the original fireplaces.txt file. Just drag and drop the fireplaces.txt file from the cd/dvd to the directory on your hard drive that contains the fireplaces.txt file that you screwed up. It will ask if you want to replace it, say yes. That will restore your fireplaces to their original order. This method will work for anything, so you never need to do a full re-install.

Now, a word about what you did wrong. You should not have replaced or overwritten anything when you added the bit of text I gave you to your fireplaces.txt file. You are supposed to just paste the new bit, at the bottom of the existing text.

Brasstex
Test Subject
#67 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 9:27 PM
Wow!how cool is that?!Thank you Breasstex

~ miral ~
Test Subject
#68 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 10:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Brasstex
Now, a word about what you did wrong. You should not have replaced or overwritten anything when you added the bit of text I gave you to your fireplaces.txt file. You are supposed to just paste the new bit, at the bottom of the existing text.

Brasstex

Thanks for the help. I did try to just paste at the bottom of the text and not replace, but as I closed the doc, the question about saving appeared, and I thought if I didn't click save, the new text would not stay in with the old.

Thanks again,
Gail
Test Subject
#69 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 10:52 PM
the rar file for the fireplace and other downloads is empty when I come to download, Any idea why?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#70 Old 4th Aug 2005 at 5:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by creativeflea
the rar file for the fireplace and other downloads is empty when I come to download, Any idea why?

Did you actually download it? I don't really understand your question. It's not empty, so it must be something you're doing wrong, what steps did you take? Tell me your process and I may be able to help you but it sounds like you aren't actually downloading it.

Brasstex
Field Researcher
#71 Old 4th Aug 2005 at 6:04 AM
Put it in the game tonight, it worked perfectly. Thanks
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#72 Old 4th Aug 2005 at 6:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dwightsciple
Thanks for the help. I did try to just paste at the bottom of the text and not replace, but as I closed the doc, the question about saving appeared, and I thought if I didn't click save, the new text would not stay in with the old.

Thanks again,
Gail

Yes, you should save it or it won't stay in with the old, but that's not what you did. If for some reason now you don't have any fireplaces, then that means you MUST have erased or overwritten the old. With objects that have a readme file included it's vital that you follow the instructions exactly. Check your PM's.

Brasstex
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 4th Aug 2005 at 7:51 AM
This Fireplace is great. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 4th Aug 2005 at 1:13 PM
Cool! And I'm downloading it!
Test Subject
#75 Old 4th Aug 2005 at 6:54 PM
I'm clicking on download, and either opening or saving the rar file, but when it's opened there's no data in there. Other items have downloaded no problem in the past but the fireplace and several others aren't! Probably just me being dopey!
Page 3 of 7