Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 10:00 PM
Default Red Assassin Bugs are NOT on the map!
I've just spent nearly an hour trying to find information on this, to no avail, and it's doing my head in! I've managed to catch one of these little beetles, but after that, there are no more on the map, even though there were THREE beetles around when I caught my first one.

I saw somebody say that there's some in the abandoned barn, so I tried there, nope, none what so ever, and I've gotten so frustrated (I've limited patience lately, due to being bed-bound). I have NO idea what the "no-mosaic" mod is either, if it's the one that un-blurs the sims in the shower and on the loo, then I don't have that, but I have downloaded a couple of mods for different coloured skins and more detail on face, plus a breast size cas slider, and I'm hoping that they aren't the reason that I'm having trouble.

Can anybody help please?
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 10:23 PM
If you've got the Adventure to find them, then you'll get the map tag when they show up and you can go right there and watch for them. They're very hard to see, and they're usually on an incline so they'll be hard to click on too as they're partially buried in the hillside. Use the map tag, zoom way in, unpause, and wait - you'll see a little flash of red and quickly pause (hit 0 on the number pad to do so quickly) and click it to collect them.

Because they are a rare spawn there may not be -any- on the map at any one time and you'll have to wait a while for more to spawn.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 10:28 PM
Yeah, it's the adventure, and it's driving me half barmy! I literally just have to wait and sit it out? GAH! That's something that EA definately didn't think out properly... :/
retired moderator
#4 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 10:42 PM
I don't recall it taking -that- long. You can always do something else till they show up - go collect some rocks or go fishing or something.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 10:51 PM
I waited more than 24 sim hours, still no bugs. :confused:
retired moderator
#6 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 10:52 PM
Is this your first time in China? Sometimes it takes the spawners a while to start up all the way, it seems.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 10:58 PM
nope, second time, I've already got visa level 1 for this place, so I'll try again tomorrow I guess, and hope that it works this time. :S
Eminence Grise
#8 Old 19th Dec 2009 at 12:04 AM
This quest just takes a lot of patience... since you also have a high chance of failing to catch the beetles, even when they spawn.

You know you can abandon a quest by right-clicking it on the opportunities tab, right? It will probably come back eventually, but by then you might be less irritated.

Or, if you are aggravated enough to be ready to cheat, use BuyDebug mode to place an assassin beetle spawner on your home lot or someplace else.

And yes, the no mosaic mod is the one that unblurs your sims, and anyway, if you've ever seen ANY beetles, that isn't your problem.
Test Subject
#9 Old 19th Dec 2009 at 8:25 AM
Hi all

I just register in this forum, and i hope i can solve this problem

First of all, i want to apologize for my bad english grammar, because i am an indonesian

ok, first time, i also get confused in order to finding this Red Assassin Bugs.
I try to search it in google, in my prima official game guide, but nothing can help...
the Red Bud tag is appeared in world map, but when we arrived, there's nothing to be picked up...

but, now i already solve that problem
Red Assassin Bugs is some species of smart bug...
so, this is what i've done

1. go to the red assassin bugs place, by clicking their icon in world map.
2. try to make sure, that your sims is already in correct spot. Just Click the icon again, to make sure your sims is stand in the bugs place.
3. watch.... the bugs is sometimes show up, from the ground, for 1 or 2 second, then disappear again...

now, when the bugs is shown up to the ground, click it, and hurry... before the bugs gone again...

sometimes, your sims will failure to catch it...

i've failed for several times, but now i already catch those bugs, as many as the objective required

ok, i hope i can help all of you
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 19th Dec 2009 at 10:28 AM
Thank you everybody. I've calmed down again (I know I shouldn't get worked up at a game, but as I said, I'm bed bound, and get frustrated FAR too easily! :p), and I've some sleep so I shall try again now.