Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 8:44 PM Last edited by whiterider : 4th Feb 2012 at 7:13 PM.
Default Resources: Template body, face and scalp meshes (all morphs), plus skintones (for texture mapping)
I've had this collection sitting around on my hard drive for a while, and it seems like something which would be useful to others. Three files are attached:

Bodies: Contains the nude meshes for all ages and genders (except babies), all morphs. Useful in scaling clothes etc for morphing or conversions.

Faces and scalps: Contains the faces and scalps for all ages and genders, with fat morphs - other morphs aren't included as they don't seem to actually affect the face. Useful for hair makers or for making face/head accessories.

Skins: Contains the multipliers for the EA skintones, body and face, for all ages and genders, except for the teen male files and the teen female face because, well, I couldn't find them. They're mostly intended for use in mapping textures on EA meshes without having to pull the UVMap, so the lack of teen files shouldn't be too much of an issue - adult files can be used instead. Be warned, this is a big file.

All meshes are OBJ, all textures are DDS. Files are named in the standard way. If you're a newbie, the naming convention works as follows:

The naming convention for animals is as above, with the following changes:
Adult - a
Kitten/Puppy/Foal - c

Cat - c
Dog - d
Little dog - l (that's L, not capital i)
Horse - h
Deer - b (short for Bambi, maybe?)

Be aware, when using the animal bodies, that animal body meshes are mix and match. There are at least two available tail meshes each for cats, dogs and horses, and dogs also have two available ear meshes. I've used the most basic (long straight tails, pointy ears) in the interest of simplicity, but in some cases you may wish to extract the extra meshes yourself from the Pets FullBuild0, if you want to work with every possible body shape.
There are also other meshes for the various fur types/sizes, which I have not included.

Thanks to HP for extracting some of these.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Bodies.rar (1.90 MB, 14651 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  Faces and scalps.rar (612.1 KB, 11455 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  Skins.rar (4.15 MB, 6875 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  Animal meshes.rar (975.1 KB, 2857 downloads) - View custom content

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
66 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 2:50 AM
Thank you for these. Would you happen to know where to point me to find the mesh for the horse body and head? I haven't been able to find them. Thanks.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#3 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 3:58 AM
They are in Fullbuild0_p10.package: Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Pets\GameData\Shared\Packages

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#4 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 1:54 PM
According to the TONE files, the teens, YA, adults, and elders all use the same body skins. I remember seeing elder body images in the EA packages but concluded that they're not actually used since they aren't referenced in the TONE files. Also the teens and YAs use the same faces, so there's no separate teen files at all.
Sockpuppet
#5 Old 27th Jan 2012 at 1:11 AM
Do you happen to know the names of NL's muscle normalmaps?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Jan 2012 at 9:31 AM
Thanks for the info, Cmar.

Bloom, I don't know, but I can have a look for them when I get home.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#7 Old 27th Jan 2012 at 2:19 PM
The names and instance IDs of the muscle normals are:

afBodyCutness_n_0x86db95357084c4e2
amBodyCutness_n_0xa28b589500895c8f

Both in DeltaBuild2.package.
Sockpuppet
#8 Old 27th Jan 2012 at 2:29 PM
Thank you!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 4th Feb 2012 at 7:14 PM
Added animal meshes. The raccoon, incidentally, is just a cat with a special morph applied.

Test Subject
#10 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 7:33 PM
Help!
I'm new to this I just got the free software from blender.org, and I downloaded the meshes but I cannot find the meshes at all In the program1

Please help!
Test Subject
#11 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 3:17 AM
Will this work with Sketch Up 2014?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 12:28 PM
If SketchUp supports obj files, then yes, these will work in SketchUp.

Bearhugpixie, I believe in Blender it's File -> Import -> Obj, then navigate to wherever you saved the files and open the one you want.

Test Subject
#13 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 9:17 PM Last edited by SimHalla : 21st Sep 2014 at 6:16 AM.
Where can I find/download model.obj? Is there any full body templates there (with the head too..)

Edit: Never mind. Realised that I can merge face, scalp and body templates to make a full body x)
Test Subject
#14 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 9:39 PM
Default Footless men!
This is a great upload! Thank you so much!

I've noticed, however, that the feet are missing on file ambody.obj

Is there any way this can be addressed or fixed?
Test Subject
#15 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 8:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimHalla
Where can I find/download model.obj? Is there any full body templates there (with the head too..)

Edit: Never mind. Realised that I can merge face, scalp and body templates to make a full body x)

Do you know how I can merge these together? Can't find anywhere
Test Subject
#16 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 2:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cookieduck123
Do you know how I can merge these together? Can't find anywhere

I'm no expert by any means, but I believe your solution is as simple as importing the separate parts into your preferred 3d modeling software, merging them all into one mesh, and exporting it as such.