Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Feb 2022 at 9:39 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default s3pe Advice Needed
Hello

For the first time ever I am merging my cc, I know I should have done it before but I was nervous about something going wrong and held off on it. I am following a S3PE tutorial fine and there isn't issue but as per usual when I save the merged file S3PE stops responding. My question is should I be waiting for long or should it only take a few minutes? When do I know when it's finished? Does it start responding again or do I have to eventually close it and reopen it to continue merging? I can't find any answers for this online and I'm nervous to what I should be doing, I only actually started modding my game in 2020 despite having it since release so it's still all new to me.

Thank you!

EDIT: Somehow managed to miss a word entirely in this!! Sorry about that!!
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 3rd Feb 2022 at 11:05 PM
S3PE usually takes more time if you are merging a huge chunk of custom contents, say it's 700MB and more so it's better if you wait and have enough patience as the program is working even if you see it's not responding.

Are you merging custom contents or mods? If you're doing custom contents like hair, outfits, build/buy objects and other non gameplay mods, it'd be better off you do it with CC Magic but I suppose you'll be more nervous with CC Magic than S3PE.

Edit: I forgot to say I merge my custom contents only up to 1GB per part since it's much better for performance though others would say otherwise.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Forum Resident
#4 Old 4th Feb 2022 at 10:17 PM
How many packages are you trying to merge at one time? How big are the packages??? Example, merging 10 or even 20 garments that are perhaps 500 to 2,000 kb in size goes fairly quickly on even a low end laptop, but trying to merge 100 hair packages that are 3,000 to 5,000 kb each will take several minutes. As nitromon says, your machine has quite a bit to say about speed.