Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Apr 2022 at 10:21 AM Last edited by arinabean : 5th Apr 2022 at 10:26 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Generations, Pets, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Light colour and intensity resetting
I've tried:

• setting light colour and intensity in edit town mode
  • setting light colour and intensity in live gameplay

but the lights always reset. Sometimes I'm on the community lot I've set these lights on and I watch them go back to default medium white... but I don't know how or why this is happening.

I don't know if I'm missing something (is there another way to edit a community lot, short of buying it?) or if this is broken somehow. It's really hard to search for this issue and not find TS4 results, but I've tried my best and I still can't find anything.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 5th Apr 2022 at 1:20 PM
What type of community lot is that? Lights are known ot be buggy around bowling alleys.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Apr 2022 at 7:00 PM Last edited by arinabean : 5th Apr 2022 at 10:26 PM. Reason: solution!
Quote: Originally posted by Norn
What type of community lot is that? Lights are known to be buggy around bowling alleys.

They are? That must be it - the worst thing is my fancy "neon" arcade lights which are in the same room as a bunch of bowling lanes! I'm pretty sure but not totally confident that it's hitting all the lighting on the lot, but those are the worst (the other custom lights on the lot are just varying shades of yellow-white and not so obvious).

Thank you for an answer - it's disappointing that there probably isn't a solution. I'll experiment with putting a wall between them.

---

Edit: It worked! I watched the lighting in the new bowling room do weird things, but none of it affected the arcade lights! Thank you so much - I never would have guessed that this was the issue.