Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Apr 2022 at 8:03 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default TS3Store content: what needs to be a simpack? How to best convert the rest to packages?
I recently got myself a desktop with an SSD, that’s not tiny, but it’s not huge by any means. I installed ts3 expansions and stuff packs, but I balked at the store stuff. I have all of the worlds, all of the premium objects (except the last venue and another that never goes on sale) and I have a few sets of clothing, furniture and hairs (mostly bundles that went on sale cheap)

Anyway, I don’t want all that stuff on my solid state drive. There’s too much store stuff! But I know some of it has to be installed by simpacks. I’m pretty sure the worlds need to be, but what about the premium content? Will it work if installed via package? (I know about the ccmerged and store fixes packages) I’m certain the clothes, furniture and hair will be fine as packages.

I always just installed the simspacks before. I’ve never converted the files to packages. How hard is that? Any tips for making it less tedious?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 9th Apr 2022 at 11:24 PM
Let me give you a helpful tip, same one I did for the situation: Install on an external hard drive and create a junction link from the documents folder to the external hard drive and put all your mods and stuff there like normal, makes life far easier to save space on your computer's internal, regardless of SSD/HDD.