Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Apr 2022 at 11:45 PM Last edited by t888 : 10th Apr 2022 at 12:18 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Vram & Ram
Trying to sum up this issue, I have a program that, due to its nature, uses most of the vram to do what it does and it takes hours to do due to its nature. Problem is just staring at it's UI is pretty boring.

I know Sims 3 uses a max of like ~4 GB (I have 64) so, how much vram will it use, any?
Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Apr 2022 at 12:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
You're asking if I know how much a random program that I know nothing about, not even the name, uses VRAM on a GPU I know nothing about, not even the name?

No, Sims 3, sorry that wasn't clearer. The other one uses most of it.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Apr 2022 at 12:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Well assuming you are using a dedicated GPU and running at MAX graphics at 1080p, that can go anywhere from 500 to 800MB, at least in my game from what I'm seeing.

---

So I assume you want to play Sims 3 while you do your other program, which I'm assuming some sort of rendering program, if you are concerned about not enough VRAM, you can always run Sims 3 on Intel HD (if you are on laptop and with an Intel CPU). On desktop, you can do this too, just make sure Intel HD is enabled in your BIOS and you probably have to physically unplug the monitor from your dedicated GPU and plug it into your motherboard GPU outlet. Intel HD uses your system RAM and convert it to VRAM. TS3 on the same system I described can use up to 1.2GB from your Intel HD, but this is taken from your RAM.

Yeah, I thought I remembered seeing something about 700 MB, but its been a while. Well, thats certainly within limits, but if not then your suggestion is absolutely perfect!