Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Sep 2022 at 10:44 PM
WCIF this mod that removes the sound of an object
Hey y'all. Thanks to a forum post I discovered the source of a glitch that was happening in my game for a long time. Whenever you hear the sound of a buoy most objects in-game lose their sound FX. You've probably also come across it without knowing. Lucky Palms is infamous for having this issue. More info. regarding this glitch is explained here. The person who made post was kind enough to share the solution and even explain how to do it yourself on S3PE. Though the link they've shared is expired and I wasn't able to reproduce the mod myself. I would be grateful if someone was able to re-create this mod using S3PE or help me finding an already existing solution. Thank you!

On the second page of the link I've shared the OP's instruction is: "If you know your way around S3PE, what you are looking for is in the FullBuild1.package, tag AUDT, full name fx_waterbuoy. This is the resource that calls all the buoy AUDIT sound effects. Export it as a file, open it and erase all of its content, save it. Then on S3PE import the file and save it, and that should be about it. Just add it to your mods folder and test it out. This is pretty what the STFU mods are and it was thanks to them that I realized all you had to do was wipe the AUDT file."
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Sep 2022 at 11:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
but then you wouldn't have sound effects from the buoys?

Thank you so much for the quick reply and taking your time to create the mod! Yes, I don't mind the buoy sounds being erased as long as the sound glitch doesn't happen. Interestingly I can still hear the buoy sounds with the package you've shared and unfortunately the sound glitch still happens. I tried the mod after deleting all cache files and on brand new saves.
Inventor
#4 Old 3rd Sep 2022 at 12:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by uglybuffys
Thank you so much for the quick reply and taking your time to create the mod! Yes, I don't mind the buoy sounds being erased as long as the sound glitch doesn't happen. Interestingly I can still hear the buoy sounds with the package you've shared and unfortunately the sound glitch still happens. I tried the mod after deleting all cache files and on brand new saves.

Did you put it in your overrides mod folder?
Inventor
#6 Old 3rd Sep 2022 at 3:18 AM
Yah, what Mary said. Otherwise I have no idea b/c all the instruction did is "erase" the buoy audio index file. So it is just a blank file.

Well, I just tested this file and can confirm the buoys in Bridgeport don't make any sounds. But then again I never noticed them to begin with. I also tested toilets, cooking, etc... where it says the glitch happens but to tell you the truth I don't notice these things in the game anyways so I cannot confirm if it ever was broken.

I read the instructions as well. I can only imagine it would go in overrides. I haven't had sound issues either so I don't know if I'm going to be much help in testing it but I will put it in and test in Island Paradise. I would imagine I would hear buoys. I think you can buy them in debug so I will see if I can toss a few in close to me.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 3rd Sep 2022 at 11:15 AM
Really interesting... I've tried the mod you shared in several conditions. In Packages file and in Overrides file, without any cache on new saves... and still the buoys make sounds and I can re-produce the same glitch. The way I do it is load Starlight Shores and visit the beach lot with the buoys. I'm on Steam (v1.67) if that makes any difference.
Inventor
#9 Old 3rd Sep 2022 at 4:13 PM Last edited by marydehoyos : 3rd Sep 2022 at 5:48 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by uglybuffys
Really interesting... I've tried the mod you shared in several conditions. In Packages file and in Overrides file, without any cache on new saves... and still the buoys make sounds and I can re-produce the same glitch. The way I do it is load Starlight Shores and visit the beach lot with the buoys. I'm on Steam (v1.67) if that makes any difference.

Ok I started up Starlight shores and I was able to reproduce it instantly. Went and hung out on the beach and then went home and cooked. Lost all cooking sounds. I went through the Starlight Shores and Showtime data files to see if I could find anything and I did not. So I grabbed all Buoy aud files and I'm going to see if I can perform a few tests.

@Nitromon this should probably get moved to the help section.

Update: I got it to work in the save in Starlight Shores I started. I added Nitromons override.

Here is what I did
Placed the package in my overrides
Cleared all cache files except for my userpresets
Used Kuree Save Cleaner to clean my save file and placed my .nhd back into my saved game folder. (Save cleaners available Regul found here https://modthesims.info/d/652440/re...ve-cleaner.html or Kuree v1 found here https://www.mediafire.com/file/5b7g...ner_V1.zip/file)
loaded the game
went to the beach and fished. Had no Buoy sounds
Went back home and cooked a meal. Had no issues my cooking sounds came back.

I should also mention - I grabbed all the aud files for the Buoy. Made them all empty and put that package in my overrides and it instantly crashed two times so clearing those audio files is not a good idea.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 3rd Sep 2022 at 10:06 PM Last edited by uglybuffys : 3rd Sep 2022 at 10:22 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by marydehoyos
Ok I started up Starlight shores and I was able to reproduce it instantly. Went and hung out on the beach and then went home and cooked. Lost all cooking sounds. I went through the Starlight Shores and Showtime data files to see if I could find anything and I did not. So I grabbed all Buoy aud files and I'm going to see if I can perform a few tests.

@Nitromon this should probably get moved to the help section.

Update: I got it to work in the save in Starlight Shores I started. I added Nitromons override.

Here is what I did
Placed the package in my overrides
Cleared all cache files except for my userpresets
Used Kuree Save Cleaner to clean my save file and placed my .nhd back into my saved game folder. (Save cleaners available Regul found here https://modthesims.info/d/652440/re...ve-cleaner.html or Kuree v1 found here https://www.mediafire.com/file/5b7g...ner_V1.zip/file)
loaded the game
went to the beach and fished. Had no Buoy sounds
Went back home and cooked a meal. Had no issues my cooking sounds came back.

I should also mention - I grabbed all the aud files for the Buoy. Made them all empty and put that package in my overrides and it instantly crashed two times so clearing those audio files is not a good idea.

Thank you for taking your time to see if you can encounter the same audio glitch!

Unfortunately I'm still unable to get this mod to work... I even tried removing ALL other mods (even though I have no mods that edit any audio-related data) and the buoys are still going off... LOL
Do you play the game on Steam or Origin? I wonder if that has anything to do with it since I'm on Steam.

EDIT: I just tried using another mod that edits an AUDT file and it works perfectly.
Inventor
#12 Old 3rd Sep 2022 at 11:44 PM
can you upload that mod? I like to see what is different.

Same (I would like to see the difference)
I'm playing on Origin 1.69
I wouldn't think it would matter if it's steam or origin.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 4th Sep 2022 at 12:00 AM
can you upload that mod? I like to see what is different.

It's this simple mod that disables the sound fx just by disabling an AUDT instance. Similar to the one you've created. All mods by this creator using the same method work without an issue.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Twoftmama STFU Dreams.rar (197 Bytes, 9 downloads)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 4th Sep 2022 at 11:20 AM
I was a little confused by what you were saying earlier. Did you get the buoys sound glitch thing resolved?

This mod you uploaded is for something else, correct? The instance number is different.

The only thing I can think of right now is that you might have an expansion or stuff pack that has an alternative buoy sound effect. I edited the one in the basegame.

Can you load the mod I provided and test it in Bridgeport? There are buoys there, see if they make sounds...

------------

Edit:
Attached a 2nd version, this one is done using a Hex editor, same as the TwoMam's method. But I doubt it will make any difference.

The 2nd version you've shared works perfectly! Buoys don't have any sound FXs now on any of the Worlds and the sound glitch doesn't occur anymore! I wonder why THIS version decided to work?

Thank you @nitromon and @marydehoyos for taking your precious time to help me. Very grateful! :lovestruc
Instructor
#17 Old 5th Sep 2022 at 3:25 AM
Yeah I am not sure how any of TFM's STFU mods worked as none of them do anything to Buoy sounds.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 5th Sep 2022 at 9:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mandelyn
Yeah I am not sure how any of TFM's STFU mods worked as none of them do anything to Buoy sounds.

Correct, they don't have anything to do with the buoys. I shared it as an example for an AUDT-related mod that works for my game and @Nitromon re-did the buoy mod using the same hex-editing method and this time it worked! :lovestruc
Instructor
#19 Old 6th Sep 2022 at 2:24 AM
Ahhh that makes sense, her mods are great.