Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#176 Old 21st Dec 2011 at 6:42 PM
eeehm i have a problem, when i open it up in tattooinator i get a black thing and thats all
somehow it sees everything as the alpha layer
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#177 Old 26th Dec 2011 at 1:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mepwn12
eeehm i have a problem, when i open it up in tattooinator i get a black thing and thats all
somehow it sees everything as the alpha layer

Your alpha must be 0 (black) to be transparent on a tattoo and let the colors show. If you're using GIMP, try making your alpha all black. I don't know exactly how to do it in PS but it's the same idea.
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#178 Old 23rd Feb 2012 at 7:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Let's take one more stab at getting the dds plug-in for GIMP working. You're on Windows 7 - is it 32-bit or 64-bit? Either way, if you're using 32-bit GIMP you need the 32-bit dds plugin. There's supposed to be a 64-bit GIMP but I've been unable to find it. And the download for the plugin is confusing - easy for people to mistakenly download a 64-bit version from a comment in the thread. You can tell that's what happened to me, right? :D

Anywhoo, try this plugin: http://code.google.com/p/gimp-dds/d...win32-2.0.9.zip

dds.exe goes in the "C:\Program Files (x86)\GIMP-2.0\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins" folder if you're running 64-bit. If you're 32-bit it's "C:\Program Files\GIMP-2.0\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins" and there will be no Program Files (x86) folder on your C: drive.

OTOH, if you're running 64-bit GIMP on a 64-bit computer (both a "Program Files" and a "Program Files (x86)" folder, and GIMP is installed in "Program Files"), you need the 64-bit plugin: http://www.aljacom.com/~gimp/gimp-dds-2.0.9-64bits.zip

If the plugin is working correctly, you should be able to save an image as DDS by giving it a name ending in ".dds".

I found the 64-bit version, here http://www.afterdawn.com/software/g...r_windows_64bit
#179 Old 23rd Feb 2012 at 7:58 AM
after fiddeling with GIMP for over an HOUR, trying to get the DDS plug-in to work, i remembered that Paint.net already uses dds files. and because of the new version of your wonderful program that converts images, I made a new tat in about one minute. AWESOME!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#180 Old 23rd Feb 2012 at 2:39 PM
Thanks for the link! When I get some ambition I'll give the 64-bit version a try.
Test Subject
#181 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 1:55 AM
I think I installed the DDS plug-in wrong... when I tried to save my tattoo, I couldn't choose saving it as a DDS. It's terribly lazy of me, but I don't want to search through the web for hours trying to find out what I did wrong/what I need. Could you help me out?
Test Subject
#182 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 2:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pdennis
after fiddeling with GIMP for over an HOUR, trying to get the DDS plug-in to work, i remembered that Paint.net already uses dds files. and because of the new version of your wonderful program that converts images, I made a new tat in about one minute. AWESOME!

Oh! Is there any chance you could tell me how you did it with Paint.net? I'm not having much luck with the Gimp DDS plug-in.
Test Subject
#183 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 2:19 PM Last edited by whiterider : 24th Mar 2012 at 4:57 PM. Reason: Sneaky little spambugger!
I was actually looking for something like this a while ago. So thank you!
I'll have to check it out better when I get home.
#184 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 9:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by natsuko641
Oh! Is there any chance you could tell me how you did it with Paint.net? I'm not having much luck with the Gimp DDS plug-in.

if you have Paint.net, simply Save As, and the option to save it as a DDS is there
Test Subject
#185 Old 24th Mar 2012 at 4:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pdennis
if you have Paint.net, simply Save As, and the option to save it as a DDS is there
Oh. I feel stupid now. lol thank you.
Test Subject
#186 Old 10th Apr 2012 at 2:22 AM
Alright, since I can't seem to figure out how to use Paint.NET and the plug-in still isn't working, here's an error message I got.

Do you possibly know what's wrong?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#187 Old 10th Apr 2012 at 12:42 PM
You can't save as .dds if you don't have the GIMP DDS plugin installed and working. Possibly you have the wrong plugin for your version of GIMP - you need the 32-bit version for 32-bit GIMP or the 64-bit version for 64-bit GIMP. Look back several posts to reply #180 in this thread for more information and links.
Test Subject
#188 Old 10th Apr 2012 at 8:36 PM
Oh, I got it to work! I think I had the wrong plug-in.
Test Subject
#189 Old 18th May 2012 at 6:23 PM
>< i cant get it right. i don't get the instructions with gimp.
Can't you show it how i must do it right with photoshop(you can instal a dds plugin and do layers and stuff)
the picture always shows totally in black or with golden lines(not rly ice)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#190 Old 18th May 2012 at 8:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lumetra
>< i cant get it right. i don't get the instructions with gimp.
Can't you show it how i must do it right with photoshop(you can instal a dds plugin and do layers and stuff)
the picture always shows totally in black or with golden lines(not rly ice)

Since I don't own Photoshop, no I can't show how to do it. But there's a tutorial: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=416064
Test Subject
#191 Old 20th May 2012 at 3:22 PM Last edited by lumetra : 20th May 2012 at 5:20 PM.
thank you, yeahhh dummy guide :p
my result XD
note: i don't own the brushes that i used.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#192 Old 26th May 2012 at 7:57 AM
I'm trying to make this

into a simmed version of this shoulder tattoo

but I'm having major difficulty

Please list the expantion packs/stuff packs needed for your downloads and give credit where it's due. It does make a difference.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#193 Old 26th May 2012 at 12:46 PM
What's the problem? It should be easy - just convert the black into the red channel.
Test Subject
#194 Old 28th May 2012 at 12:46 AM
i am not sure if this is something that you can help me with or not. I have been using this program for a while without any problems, everything showing up all wonderfully, but i recently found out how to make the full body tattoos with the 1024x1024. i made a couple and they work fine, but the problem is that only one will show up at a time in the game. Also when i try to package them altogether in sp3e it deletes all but one saying that they are "duplicates". any help would be loved.

p.s. thanx for the toot and the tattooinator :D
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#195 Old 28th May 2012 at 1:34 PM
Glad to help. Did you name all your full body tattoos the same thing in Tattooinator? The name you give it is used to calculate a unique ID number, but if the names are the same the IDs will be the same and the game will only 'see' one of them, plus S3PE will see them as duplicates.
Test Subject
#196 Old 29th May 2012 at 12:25 AM
Glad to help. Did you name all your full body tattoos the same thing in Tattooinator? The name you give it is used to calculate a unique ID number, but if the names are the same the IDs will be the same and the game will only 'see' one of them, plus S3PE will see them as duplicates.

i feel like such a tit. that must've been the problem cause now its letting me merge them together without any problems XD i must've just kept saying "fullbody" or something like that . thank you so much!
Test Subject
#197 Old 30th May 2012 at 11:14 AM Last edited by KhaosInChains174 : 30th May 2012 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Spelling mistake
Hi, this program is amazing! It's so much fun! Only issue I am having is well... What do you do to get a fourth recolourable channel? I can get the three perfectly, I can even get a black outline but I'm really struggling on making that fourth channel.

This is what I'm trying to make (I'm new to this so I have no clue where it is O.O)

I've made the blue part, the red part and the yellow part fine, but I need to make the cloud (white) part another layer. Making an alpha layer doesn't seem to be working, it just makes it go a bit weird. Any help would be appreciated for helping me finish this

P.S I'm using Photoshop CS5
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#198 Old 30th May 2012 at 6:44 PM
The fourth color goes in the alpha, which probably has your black outline now. In GIMP you'd transfer the alpha to a mask, paste in the white cloud on a black background, and transfer that back to the alpha layer. Sorry, but I can't tell you how to do that in Photoshop. In either case, you set the preset alpha to white and you should have your image.
Lab Assistant
#199 Old 31st May 2012 at 11:02 PM
What's the problem? It should be easy - just convert the black into the red channel.

the program (Gimp) doesn't seem to be working with my computer. it's very frustrating. I've tried Adobe Photoshop before, that was too confusing to me. and no I don't need anyone saying "it's so easy" or nit-picking that I'm stupid or not tech-savy. I've been bullied enough by people.

Please list the expantion packs/stuff packs needed for your downloads and give credit where it's due. It does make a difference.
Lab Assistant
#200 Old 1st Jun 2012 at 1:00 PM
Foxy, have you tried my tutorial that works on plain .bmp files? You can find it here: http://virtualartisan.blogspot.fi/2...-your-sims.html

It is about scars, but as tattoos... if you do just a plain black and white tattoo, you will need one image that is full-black (that will replace the one that has green in the tutorial) and one image where your tattoo is showing white-on-black. So you can forget the positioning grid and Gimp and whatever there is in the beginning of the tutorial. Just prepare 2 regular .bmp files with whatever image editor you want. Then just follow the tutorial from the step where images are combined with DXTBmp (chapter - Creating The DDS File). I hope that helps you finish your tattoo.
Page 8 of 10