Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
#376 Old 1st Jul 2013 at 8:11 PM
.. what does tiberium? I mean, can it do anything?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#377 Old 1st Jul 2013 at 8:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden

No, but it's probably the easiest way to make a fortune in the game: A single large Tiberium spire is worth about 30,000 simoleons. It's insanely handy if you need a ton of money very quickly and don't feel like cheating.
Test Subject
#378 Old 1st Jul 2013 at 9:17 PM

If you got Supernatural, it is an insane way to make some cash fast. You cut one, and not only do you get that, you get some dust. The dust also grows into the large spire cut Tiberium. You can get up to 5 dust when you cut, if you have the gatherer trait, if I remember correctly. And it's easy to find with a Werewolf sim. So one piece of tiberium, and you can get up to 6 Large Spire cut ones, at around 30k a pop. So around 180k from one is possible. Heck, even getting one or two things of dust only still will have you seeing some mad profit. Even more so if you have an Alien pal to Transmute the final product before consigning it at the Elixir shop. You can still make some nice profit off it without Supernatural, but it won't be as fast. Other than being expensive and relatively easy to acquire, it really spruces your Sims' house up.
Alchemist
#379 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 4:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JohanFoppa
I also think it's weird that you need to get every stone to get the heart-shape cut. I can't make Simbots anymore, because I don't have the time or patience to gather them all.

You only need 10 of the gems, not all. How many gems were there in BG? 10? Then 10 it is.
#380 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 6:26 AM
I am sure I have mentioned it ad nauseam, but the thing I hate most about Sims 3 is .....

Top Secret Researcher
#381 Old 16th Jul 2013 at 8:48 PM
When I played sims 3 for the first times, everything! Even now there is a lot of freaking stuff which I do not like in sims 3 first and for most all the glitches, bugs, crashes, weird ass stuff happening in the game and all the rabbit holes.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Lab Assistant
#382 Old 18th Jul 2013 at 10:54 PM
Error freaking code 12.

Also, I don't like that actions like "Accuse of Cheating" and "Scold" can't be canceled.
Alchemist
#383 Old 19th Jul 2013 at 2:23 AM
my least favorite sims 3-ism is any action or queue that i cannot cancel/end, or which keep popping up despite me having canceled them personally.
i appreciate the thought, EA, but really, i want my sims to do what i want them to do, not what you want them to do.

(be arrested/scold X child/accuse of cheating/FIRE!!ethfaeklghomgszzg, to name a few)

and of course, the usual suspects. lag, derp saves, random closing/failure of the program to run properly.

Quote: Originally posted by Manneh
If you got Supernatural, it is an insane way to make some cash fast. You cut one, and not only do you get that, you get some dust. The dust also grows into the large spire cut Tiberium. You can get up to 5 dust when you cut, if you have the gatherer trait, if I remember correctly. And it's easy to find with a Werewolf sim. So one piece of tiberium, and you can get up to 6 Large Spire cut ones, at around 30k a pop. So around 180k from one is possible. Heck, even getting one or two things of dust only still will have you seeing some mad profit. Even more so if you have an Alien pal to Transmute the final product before consigning it at the Elixir shop. You can still make some nice profit off it without Supernatural, but it won't be as fast. Other than being expensive and relatively easy to acquire, it really spruces your Sims' house up.

to add to this, if you place your tiberium out on the lawn long enough, it will spawn smaller tiberium around it that will eventually, if also left there, grow into large spire cuts worth 40k+ each. it takes a while, but at 40k+ for essentially just letting them sit there for a while... super easy way to get rich. even cheaty.
(especially given that dogs will bring you crap like tiberium/soulpeace/plutonium OFTEN if you train them to hunt and have them do it daily.)

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Scholar
#384 Old 19th Jul 2013 at 3:31 AM
React to Wet Dog. That's all I have to say on the subject.
Lab Assistant
#385 Old 19th Jul 2013 at 10:02 AM
just off the top of my head,
-- the whole "mood" thing with romance, where you have to practically spend all day doing romantic actions to be able to propose marriage or whatever, and if you get interrupted, you have to start over again.
-- how slow the game runs on my computer.
-- How the sims look in general, I think my biggest peeve is that their eyes are too small, so that you can't even tell what their eye color is unless you zoom waaaaaay in (i have a weird obsession with eye colors)
-- How if you go to map view and back, your camera view gets changed and I have to keep messing with it to get it the way i want it again
-- teh glitchez
-- that foot-tapping animation
-- the long loading/saving screens.. even if there's less loading screens than in TS2, one loading screen in TS3 lasts longer than 10 in TS2
Mad Poster
#386 Old 19th Jul 2013 at 12:06 PM

What is with the Zelda Mae hate? I have never played her and mostly ignore her in SV. That cracked me up.

Milkiemybaby, I agree with you. Just started getting error 12 and I have 12GB RAM atm, guess I need to add the last 4GB and get a 2GB video card.

CocoMouse, I am just the opposite, I think the sim's eyes are too large. I purposely bring down the size. Reminds me of those googly eyed glasses.

I also hate the get in the mood just so my sim can get a massage, would it have been too much trouble for the option to just come up in the friendly queue, especially for significant others/spouse/partner? And it so stupid to ask some sim's sign as a romantic action. EA, people do talk about that without any thoughts toward romance.

I hate the burrito babies with a passion, please do not have infants like that in Sims 4 or I will have a shit fit!

I hate that if I don't want the father of the baby to go home after the birth because I need him to do another action and fast, don't make them go all the way home. So irritating and inconvenient. That bugged the crap out of my last night and I know there was never meant to be home world Uni, but he needed to go take his finals. Shoot!

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#387 Old 19th Jul 2013 at 4:16 PM Last edited by surfer85 : 19th Jul 2013 at 4:39 PM.
Not to sound like a hopeless fangirl, but there's nothing I don't like about Sims 3. I never even have much difficulty with game performance, so I can't even say that.

I love the moodlet and traits system, I love how dating Sims can actually break up now (I HATED that I couldn't do that in Sims 2), I love the whole neighborhood aging together, I actually like the way the sims look, and I love how there are no loading screens once the neighborhood ages up. I've had it since December, and I'm still really happy with it. So, good for me, I guess.

Wait, I just remembered! The genetics - I hate it. If my white redhead woman has a baby with a black man, the baby should not have fair skin and red hair! And I wish this game had Sims 2 style apartments.
Test Subject
#388 Old 19th Jul 2013 at 6:23 PM
I hate managing sim-inventory and my downloads/buy-build menu stuff. It really should be easier to sort, find, and delete stuff out of the catalog.

Also, crafting & inventory management. If the devs could look at say, WOW, and make it better, that'd be great. I should be able to have materials anywhere on my property and be able to use them to make stuff. Please stop making me drag and drop stuff around. And if I could organize my things into containers - fish go into a tackle-box, rocks and gems go into a rock-box, etc. and so on, and the boxes could automatically expand so that I could see everything on the same screen (not like those scroll-happy World Adventures cases!), and if like items could automatically stack, that'd be awesome.
Lab Assistant
#389 Old 19th Jul 2013 at 6:24 PM
Scholar
#390 Old 19th Jul 2013 at 7:35 PM
I hate that the crash on saving bug that Seasons introduced has NEVER been fixed by EA and it seems pretty much unfixable by even the best modders. There have been patches, a SP and two EPs since this horrible bug and NO FIX. It's very annoying if you build a lot.
Lab Assistant
#391 Old 19th Jul 2013 at 8:02 PM

Not in the Sims, no (Unless you're a Scumthorpe.)

But in other worlds...
Field Researcher
#392 Old 19th Jul 2013 at 9:41 PM
The attraction system along with reputations and my sim constantly being harassed by sims calling looking for dates. I can't have relationships the way I want them in my game without my sim being accused of being a cheater, drives me insane.
Field Researcher
#393 Old 19th Jul 2013 at 11:14 PM
For now, that as soon as my sim meets a women, she immediatly wants to get into his pants... Sending love letters, asking for dates etc. And that happens with EVERY women he meets. I once had 50+ love letters in the mailbox. Attractive is one thing, but this is more like a curse!
Mad Poster
#394 Old 19th Jul 2013 at 11:18 PM
I would appreciate the letters in the mailbox from some sim in the world if the wife/husband/significant other would react to their partners getting them. Sims just get the mail from the box and it's a love letter to their love one, but it's like picking up the bills. Nothing, nada, no reaction at all.

Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#395 Old 20th Jul 2013 at 2:10 AM
The repeated animations in socials. From day one that bothered me.
Alchemist
#396 Old 20th Jul 2013 at 6:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
I would appreciate the letters in the mailbox from some sim in the world if the wife/husband/significant other would react to their partners getting them. Sims just get the mail from the box and it's a love letter to their love one, but it's like picking up the bills. Nothing, nada, no reaction at all.

In Nightlife, Sims will get furious when it happens, or when they see the flower bouquet given from their other lovers.

In The Sims 3... it's overly simplified.

Just call me Nikel
Lab Assistant
#397 Old 20th Jul 2013 at 6:54 AM
To be fair, with how often those love letters get sent (from people your Sim has bout zero relationship with) would you really want spouses getting upset about it?
Mad Poster
#398 Old 20th Jul 2013 at 7:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
In Nightlife, Sims will get furious when it happens, or when they see the flower bouquet given from their other lovers.

In The Sims 3... it's overly simplified.

This! I need the drama, even if it's just an insult and an apology and a make up kiss. A little jealousy doesn't hurt me, I love the problems. The Sims 3 life is too good.

Scholar
#399 Old 20th Jul 2013 at 7:15 AM
Love letters do have a very small side-effect of increasing relationship visibility if someone other than the sim they're intended for reads them. If no relationship between the two exists though - yeah, they might as well be flyers for the Tuesday special at Joe's Diner.

My sim could make a life-sized, paper-mache statue of his mistress out of the love letters he's received, put it on a pedestal in the living room and still no one would get a clue.
Alchemist
#400 Old 20th Jul 2013 at 7:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
This! I need the drama, even if it's just an insult and an apology and a make up kiss. A little jealousy doesn't hurt me, I love the problems. The Sims 3 life is too good.

This is why I somehow like the punishment feature in Generations (except the grounded loop, where children get grounded for not going to school, and can't go to school because they're grounded). I make the children clean the house, serve food, and do other good deeds to be forgiven instead of begging for forgiveness directly.

Just call me Nikel
Page 16 of 19