Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#401 Old 20th Jul 2013 at 8:17 AM
lately i've been thinking about how much less there are mods/custom content in general for ts3 compared to ts2. there are ts2 exclusive mods that were never remade, but some were obsolete because the new game fixed it.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#402 Old 20th Jul 2013 at 1:37 PM
Oh, just thought of another thing. I hate how retarded toddlers are. I'll send one off to "go potty", and it invariably falls on it's ass and sits there crying with the potty action cancelled. If I'm paying attention to something else, it'll just sit there until it poops its pants. Stupid, moronic toddlers. I like children and infants waaaay better.
Top Secret Researcher
#403 Old 20th Jul 2013 at 2:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by surfer85
Oh, just thought of another thing. I hate how retarded toddlers are. I'll send one off to "go potty", and it invariably falls on it's ass and sits there crying with the potty action cancelled. If I'm paying attention to something else, it'll just sit there until it poops its pants. Stupid, moronic toddlers. I like children and infants waaaay better.

Are you sure that's not the result of routing errors occurring on the residential lots in your game rather than the AI? I quite frequently find that the ones in my game do the exact opposite, in that once they know how to use a potty they'll quite often autonomously go to it when they need to.
Scholar
#404 Old 20th Jul 2013 at 3:18 PM
There's a chance that toddlers who can walk will fall down when they route farther than a certain distance. If they do, there's another check to see if they get up and continue or drop the action and start crying - it's 50/50 if I remember correctly, but I think you can edit one of the tuning files to eliminate the chance completely.
Lab Assistant
#405 Old 20th Jul 2013 at 3:21 PM
My toddlers don't go autonomously, even if their bladder bar is almost depleted (red). I'm in a Maxis-made house in Sunset Valley. Maybe it has something to do with mods or EP's.
Mad Poster
#406 Old 27th Nov 2021 at 8:18 PM
(Necroing, I know, just don't wanna recreate the same thread when I can partake in this one)

There are many things, but the one that currently comes to mind no empty neighborhood templates like in TS2 to load a new game. I missed it But I can just deal by having a custom world installed.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#407 Old 30th Nov 2021 at 2:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
(Necroing, I know, just don't wanna recreate the same thread when I can partake in this one)

There are many things, but the one that currently comes to mind no empty neighborhood templates like in TS2 to load a new game. I missed it But I can just deal by having a custom world installed.

TBH I wish TS3 followed TS2's method of loading subneighborhoods, but I guess the more involved manner of TS3 WA, Uni and ITF would prevent something like that from being easy to implement.
#408 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 9:11 AM
Massive loading times. Frickin heck.
Instructor
#409 Old 5th Dec 2021 at 5:41 PM
The Sims 3 launcher, massive loading times, story progression, and pudding faces.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Forum Resident
#411 Old 5th Dec 2021 at 11:00 PM
Yeah, my load time is pretty consistently at about 2-3 minutes, tops. I'm always surprised when I hear people mention these huge loading times.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Mad Poster
#412 Old 5th Dec 2021 at 11:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by legacyoffailures
The Sims 3 launcher, massive loading times, story progression, and pudding faces.

The good news is that pudding faces are potentially on the way out with a couple new face remeshes in the works!

https://justmiha97.tumblr.com/post/...3-reface-update

https://greenplumbboblover.tumblr.c...art-1-our-first

My pet peeve with TS3 is the lack of redundant clean-up programs that would prevent savegames from exploding and also the inefficient loading systems.

Also, another huge pet peeve is the short shadow cull distance, and the broken lot lighting (no light travelling between floors). These make the game feel signficantly older than it really is, and are unfortunately locked in the base code (at least until someone can crack it).
Scholar
#413 Old 5th Dec 2021 at 11:41 PM
Getting it to run well is a mess.

Also, so many locations being rabbitholes has always irked me. I know that restaurants finally did come later in the game, but it's obvious they didn't take enough time to get them working well because even with mods, I have shift workers that don't show up and they aren't functional half the time. =/

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Forum Resident
#414 Old 6th Dec 2021 at 1:52 AM
Depending on the computer hardware, long loading times should not be an issue. If the hardware is the not the problem, then there are other possible reasons such as:
-Mods/CC that conflict whether known or hidden (This was an issue for me but I corrected it and now my load times are around 3:30 instead of 20+ minutes.)
-Mods/CC that are outdated, wrong patch level, poorly executed, etc.
https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/...ding-times.html

=======

It is very possible that the reason why I think the developers changed how lighting works is because it would quickly become an issue for the majority of players in terms of performance. Lighting and shadows, if done well, can take a huge toll on computer hardware and more so depending on the higher or highest settings. TS3 was not aimed for gaming computers for a reason, though it did make the game lose its potential. I'll guess it may have been a struggle to find the balance to get a more advanced and improved Sims game without going overboard to the point only a few people could actually play the game.

While I would love a more realistic and mature version of a life simulator at least on par but improved and advanced based on a mixture of all the best gameplay from TS/TS2/TS3, it literally would take a gaming computer. And it would most likely be both GPU and CPU intensive instead of how in TS3 is just mostly CPU driven. Anyway, I think it's possible but no one seems to care about life simulators more advanced than TS3, let alone, it seems at all on that level.

=======

Personally, I have not ever had an issue with TS3 running and has always ran fine. Even with a computer barely meeting minimal requirements and an incompatible integrated video card.

Rabbitholes serves an important function, especially in the case of routing in a real-time life simulator. Again, TS3 was not aimed for gaming computers which likely would be able to handle the extra workload. Either compromise what could be done or leave a good majority of the fanbase behind were their options. Though there are some rabbitholes I feel should have been opened or at least have a opened version such as the spa, movie theater, restaurant, grocery store and clothing store which I can build my own or download others lots so at least there's that.

The reason why the 'It's Business Time Industrial Oven' does not function properly is because they used the base game coding to control how Role Sims work. And anyone who observes how it works knows those type of Sims tend to get rotated around a lot without much, if at all, permanence. While the object itself is not broke and works as intended, it is the side effect of how service, role Sims are programmed. Fortunately, yes, there is a mod that greatly helps with that if you set it up in a way where the Sims chosen already live in the world. For example I currently have 3 Sims who used to be role Sims, living in the Moonlight Falls working in a diner. They always show up to work during their shift whether I am playing their household or not.

Clarissa during her work shift.

Gillian

Ashleigh

The only thing though is when I am playing this household, I have to sometimes cheat their motives in the green because it is not locked. Or I just make sure they are well rested, fed, clean, etc before their work shift. But they also live with others among two twin toddlers so I easily get distracted.

Previous Game: Batman Arkham City GOTY Edition (Hard Mode: Y!? All side missions and Riddler trophies/riddles/physical challenges completed in the main campaign.)

Next Game: Batman Arkham Knight
Forum Resident
#415 Old 6th Dec 2021 at 2:10 AM
I never understood the hate for rabbitholes tbh. I know a lot of people coming from TS2 wanted that sweet interactivity element lol, but I find they're a lifesaver to get Sims out of my hair for several in-game hours. Especially with larger families. I dunno, I guess I'm just not crazy about that level of micromanagement.

Forum Resident
#417 Old 6th Dec 2021 at 12:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Exactly, it also makes the game run smoother on a global scale. Imagine if every sim is doing something each time they go to work. If people thought the game is laggy enough, oh boy.

There's that, but also we weren't really losing anything from their inclusion either. Everyone always points to restaurants and player-run businesses like OFB. Both of those would've definitely been great to have, but that's just on EA for not including and expanding them in any later pack for TS3.

As it stands though, rabbitholes were simply an alternative to Sims walking to the front of their lot every morning for work/school. Instead, it's a place with a physical presence in town. Something I happen to like.

Mad Poster
#418 Old 6th Dec 2021 at 3:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jathom95
There's that, but also we weren't really losing anything from their inclusion either. Everyone always points to restaurants and player-run businesses like OFB. Both of those would've definitely been great to have, but that's just on EA for not including and expanding them in any later pack for TS3.

As it stands though, rabbitholes were simply an alternative to Sims walking to the front of their lot every morning for work/school. Instead, it's a place with a physical presence in town. Something I happen to like.

TBH, restaurants and shops are pretty much the only two reasons why people complain about rabbitholes.

All the other rabbitholes almost feel entirely natural as progressions of TS1-2's carpool rabbitholes, and are not obvious subtractions like the diner and bistro are.
Forum Resident
#419 Old 6th Dec 2021 at 3:40 PM Last edited by Jathom95 : 6th Dec 2021 at 5:23 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
All the other rabbitholes almost feel entirely natural as progressions of TS1-2's carpool rabbitholes, and are not obvious subtractions like the diner and bistro are.

Even then, the diner and bistro had the potential to be fine as an alternative if they would've made an expanded OFB style pack to suit the people that wanted a hands-on approach.

A lot of people approach things from the angle of what they personally want, I've noticed.

"Oh, we can't make our own business/restaurant? Why? That's something every Sims player wants!"

Except... it isn't. Don't get me wrong, I do like that style of gameplay. But I also don't want it to be the only way to play. Choices are good, and sometimes I don't want that level of commitment. Just being able to buy out the venues in the base game and get money from that suited me personally for a long time. And even with restaurants, I don't always want to make them go out to an actual venue and have to check-in and wait on food and all of that. Again, I do like having that option - just not all the time. But nowadays if I want to actually run something, I use SimStateDude's mod (hopefully there'll be a refined restaurant system by another modder eventually.)

But yeah, with a game like The Sims - there's more than one type of way to play.

Forum Resident
#420 Old 6th Dec 2021 at 9:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jathom95
I never understood the hate for rabbitholes tbh. I know a lot of people coming from TS2 wanted that sweet interactivity element lol, but I find they're a lifesaver to get Sims out of my hair for several in-game hours. Especially with larger families. I dunno, I guess I'm just not crazy about that level of micromanagement.

I do not like them at all in ts2 even in ts4 too .But this is my personal opinion.

---
The cats and dogs distortion glitch that nobody can fix yet. and I am fear nobody will be able to fix it someday.

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
Instructor
#422 Old 6th Dec 2021 at 11:44 PM
If you have the bakery from the store also, with Nrass cupcake you can make quite a variety of little food shops. I had a cute little japanese style resaurant someone made using the bakery items, and with cupcake it stayed stocked.
Mad Poster
#423 Old 8th Dec 2021 at 1:14 AM
Wait, why are people still complaining about restaurants not being playable? It's 2021.

- Fast food style: Food register (WA)
- Restaurant with waiters: Food dispenser (ITF)
- Restaurant with waiters: Ani's Business as Unusual Bistro
- Small local Deli: Business as Usual Bistro

I also did an informal tutorial here (search in general forum) on how to combine BaU Bistro + Tep Grill to create a Japanese grill style restaurant which can be put in combination with Ani's mod for seating as well. I have one of those restaurants in Riverview.

I think the main complaint is that the experience wasn't as polished and robust as it could have been.

For instance it would have been nice to have some additional interactions while dining, a chef NPC without mods and even a maitre d, and possibly a separate lot type that could really help drive up activity on the lots.

Likewise like what others have mentioned, sometimes the staff just don't show up, or the lot ends up feeling empty. The UI is also a bit flaccid (too many pie windows), which along with the other issues, makes the whole package feel a bit thin.

Overall, TS3 really needed an OFB pack, rather than having each of the elements scattered around the store.
Forum Resident
#425 Old 8th Dec 2021 at 2:55 AM
I've always wondered why they didn't at least just make a workable restaurant, it should be possible. Heck, I would just settle for working booth seats.

The sports bar concept for UL makes me think they considered it for that pack, at least a variation of it, but cut it for whatever reason.

Page 17 of 19