Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Mar 2013 at 8:26 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default manual merge of xml files requires 3pe mean?
I have just finished (or at least I hope I have) merging about 257mb of store build and buy objects into one package when I see this message "manual merge of xml files required."

I have been doing a small selection of files at a time to avoid problems, the last lot was about 30mbs.

I've merged all these files before but smaller sized packages, with no problem but now I'm aiming to reduce the number of files even more and normally over time can do a max of about 800mb.

What does this message mean?
Did S3PE finish merging the last batch?
What am I supposed to do? Do I have to restart completely or try to do the last batch again?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 24th Mar 2013 at 10:15 PM
Just hit "ok". You should download the updated version of S3PE that does all that automatically.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 25th Mar 2013 at 6:52 PM
Typically, the xml's wont affect your package at all. You could always test and make sure. If, for some reason, they dont show up after the merge process, delete the merged package and merge them again, click on each resource that is marked as "deleted" and undelete them, then save the package.
Test Subject
#4 Old 6th Jul 2022 at 9:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mikey
Typically, the xml's wont affect your package at all. You could always test and make sure. If, for some reason, they dont show up after the merge process, delete the merged package and merge them again, click on each resource that is marked as "deleted" and undelete them, then save the package.

Yes, but where do you find these xml files? as I look over my list, all I see are .package files. also, I do have the latest everything downloaded.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 8th Jul 2022 at 11:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ladyxixi
Yes, but where do you find these xml files? as I look over my list, all I see are .package files. also, I do have the latest everything downloaded.

Xml's are inside the packages. You need S3PE to open packages.