Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jul 2013 at 11:26 PM Last edited by justJones : 9th Feb 2014 at 3:30 PM.
Death Note Challenge
Hey everyone! This challenge is based off of the anime series Death Note. If you haven't watched it, I highly suggest you do, it's my favorite. :D

Before you begin, download the following!!

Desecrate's amazing Death Note mod. Special thanks to Desecrate by the way! Without him this challenge wouldn't be possible

Setting up

After you install the mod above, enter the game. Start a new game in a populated town. Edit the "Options" so children and teens live significantly longer. Enter CAS, and make a child sim. Appearance is up to you, but they MUST have one of the following traits, and ONLY one (if for example, if s/he has the Good trait, they cannot have the Genius trait): Good, Evil, Genius. This will be the human who holds the Death Note. Then make a family for your sim - the bigger the family, the bigger the challenge. For now I suggest two parents and possibly a sibling or two. The family can have whatever appearance and traits.

Optional: Create one odd-looking sim, preferably a vampire or something that lives a long time. This is your sim's Shinigami, they must stay with the Death Note user at all times, and cannot interact with anyone other than the Death Note user. Basically they are invisible to everyone except the child.

Objective

The objective of the challenge is to grow up and continue on with life while hiding the fact that you own (and use) the Death Note. The way you use the Death Note is based on the sim's trait that you picked:

Good: Your sim becomes the next Kira and aims to kill all evildoers. You must go around befriending sims and see if they're in the Criminal career track, have the Evil trait, or do something such as rob your household (kill the burglar). If you do, you must write their name in the Death Note. (Note: If you choose this path, you may want to add more sims to the town that have the Evil trait, or are in the Criminal career, or download a mod to make burglars more frequent.)
Evil: Your sim wants to rain misery on the world. They want to rip up relationships, tear apart families, and get rid of good in the world. You must go around and find out which sims are close to each other, and kill their lover/family. You must also find out which sims are Good, and kill them as well. You also kill one other person every few days (and only one), just because you feel like it. (Like above, you may want to add more families with relations to the town, or add more Good sims)
Genius: Your sim is bored with life, and wants to use the Death Note to their own wants and desires. They mold the world to their own desires. If you make enemies with someone (which should happen often), they must die. Someone steal your food? Kill them. Your boss makes you mad? They must die! Your romantic interest already has someone? Kill their boy/girlfriend. Change the world to the way YOU want it!

The challenge ends when your sim reaches the Young Adult stage and can no longer use the Death Note, or you get caught.

Gameplay

When you first enter the game, shortly after opening a new game, the Death Note will be randomly placed in the world on a community lot. You must find it. You have 4 sim days to find the Death Note, which should be more than enough time. If you added a shinigami to your household, your sim cannot interact with them until you pick it up. If you really don't want to find it, wait 4 sim days and then buy it with buydebug.

Once you find it, your sim can start their goal and do whatever they wish with the Death Note (according to their trait). However, NOBODY can see you with the Death Note except for your shinigami. If they do, they must die - even if they're your own friends or family (except for babies and toddlers). If 3 sims die by seeing you write in the Death Note, the police get suspicious and you are caught, and it's game over. In addition to writing names in the Death Note, you must also the following for each life stage:

Child

Get an A+ in school
Reach at least level 3 in 2 different skills
Become at least Friends with someone
Write at least 7 names total in the Death Note
Optional: If you added a shinigami, become at least Friends with the shinigami

Teen

Get an A+ in school
Reach level 7 of one skill and level 6 of another
Become Best Friends with someone
Write at least 20 names total in the Death Note (the ones from your childhood count)
Optional: Get a part time job
Optional: Find a boy/girlfriend
Optional: If you added a shinigami, become at least Good or Best Friends with the shinigami

Rules

• You cannot cheat except to build your house - your parents must get jobs and earn money and such (basically play as you normally would, except with the changes of the Challenge)
• Regarding the shinigami, nobody can interact with it except for the Death Note user AFTER s/he picks up the Death Note. They cannot get a job, MUST follow the DN user around everywhere (on rabbit hole lots they must go with them or wait outside the lot), and you can use testingcheats to constantly raise their needs (only if you want to).
• No supernatural creatures (except the shinigami, if you add one) are allowed in the household.
• No life fruit, ambrosia, age freeze potion, or anything else that changes age are allowed to be consumed by ANY member of the family (except for the shinigami, since they are supposed to be immortal).
• For every sim you kill, you must keep their gravestone in your inventory (even your family).
• When your sim becomes a Young Adult, your shinigami must write your sim's name in their Death Note after 5 sim days, as is the contract when a human picks up a shinigami's Death Note. (Since shinigamis can't actually "use" the Death Note, you can just kill the sim). Since your sim neither goes to Heaven or Hell because they used the Death Note, they are doomed to haunt the home lot as a ghost forever. If your sim has had a child in those 5 sim days and they have one of the traits (Good, Evil, Genius), they can be cared for by the previous Death Note user's family and continue on the legacy with their Death Note. (However, if they do this, they too will need to die after reaching the Young Adult stage)

Well that was it! Hope you liked my challenge. I'm starting it now Suggestions, feedback and pictures are always welcome! Happy killings!!

How come Mario can smash through bricks, but he dies when he touches a freaking turtle..?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 24th Jul 2013 at 7:17 PM
Love this. Also if you had Generations you could have an imaginary friend as the Shinigami.

Accidental Murder
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Jul 2013 at 8:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ViviSims2
Love this. Also if you had Generations you could have an imaginary friend as the Shinigami.

A good idea, but then your sim would have to be born into the family and then aged up. Still not a bad idea. Thanks for your feedback

I will be making a story out of this challenge, creating my DN user right now.

How come Mario can smash through bricks, but he dies when he touches a freaking turtle..?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Jul 2013 at 4:41 PM
Bump

Lab Assistant
#5 Old 28th Jul 2013 at 12:58 AM
LOVE. THIS.

Death Note is my favorite anime too although I haven't seen it in awhile. (Damn you, Netflix!)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th Jul 2013 at 3:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DeLoure
LOVE. THIS.

Death Note is my favorite anime too although I haven't seen it in awhile. (Damn you, Netflix!)

I know right? I was so disappointed when Netflix took it down. Though the English Dub is on YouTube.

Anyway, glad you liked it I will be posting pics soon.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Aug 2013 at 2:39 AM
1,000 views and only 2 responses? Come on people we can do better than that :D

Lab Assistant
#8 Old 8th Aug 2013 at 7:33 PM
I'm guessing some of those views are search bots, though.

But I will have to try this out sometime. Looks interesting. :D

Intersecting modular stairs.
Bunned
#9 Old 9th Aug 2013 at 2:55 PM
Yep, I'm DEFINITELY trying this one out! I absolutely love Death Note!

Here's my nifty blog- Stories Drive Us
The power of imagination makes us infinite. ~ John Muir
Test Subject
#10 Old 9th Aug 2013 at 3:07 PM
This is cool, I'll be trying it out soon. I just hope that the Death note mod doesn't mess up my computer... Even the best mods have a tendency to crash my game
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 27th Nov 2013 at 2:32 PM
Anyone else want to try it?

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 10th Dec 2013 at 12:17 AM
Updated the rules so you no longer have to look for the Death Note if you really don't want to. :P

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 6th Aug 2014 at 3:54 AM
I decided to give this a shot again, will post my progress pics soon!

Test Subject
#14 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 5:59 PM
Nice challenge <3. Will try soon :D
Scholar
#15 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 8:16 PM
Nice. I'll check out the show. Just wondering, can your sim become romantically involved with the Shinimangi.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 1:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IrishA03
Nice. I'll check out the show. Just wondering, can your sim become romantically involved with the Shinimangi.

Hey thanks for checking this out!!

They can if you want (it's your game after all, not mine) but if you want more of a challenge, perhaps make a rule that gets everyone suspicious if they're caught together? (To them they would just see your sim kissing air and stuff lol)

Mad Poster
#17 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 2:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ChappyTamTam
A good idea, but then your sim would have to be born into the family and then aged up. Still not a bad idea.

Not strictly true! If you have the buyable/deletable IF dolls, you can purchase one for your child for super cheap, and with NRAAS debug enabler, use that to force ownership of the doll onto your child and then force it to come to life.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 10:14 PM
This challenge sounds awesome, I'll have to try it :D
Test Subject
#19 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 2:08 PM
I like it! Also, I'm planning on, insted of kill Kira, I'll make his Shinigami turn him (into a vampire).
Test Subject
#20 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 5:33 PM
Definitely trying this! Just installed the mod
Test Subject
#21 Old 29th Nov 2014 at 9:54 PM
This sounds cool I might try it and I the death note sounds like a good anime. My favorite anime is Puella Magi Madoka Magica. Well I think it's an anime. Once again cool challenge.
Test Subject
#22 Old 30th Nov 2014 at 4:43 AM
This sounds cool I'll try it out. And I may start watching Death Note
Test Subject
#23 Old 6th Dec 2014 at 11:21 PM
Totally trying this at some point!
Test Subject
#24 Old 9th Dec 2014 at 7:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ChappyTamTam
I know right? I was so disappointed when Netflix took it down. Though the English Dub is on YouTube.

Anyway, glad you liked it I will be posting pics soon.

I've got one 'word' for you: kissanime.com
You can thank me later...
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 1:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlaizingDragon2000
I've got one 'word' for you: kissanime.com
You can thank me later...

They recently added both the English and Japanese dubs back.
Page 1 of 2