Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#76 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 6:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Luka1997
1. Do sims get whims to travel space? Do I need to buy a rocket first for them to have it?

I think you need the rocketry skill to start generating space whims. I'm pretty sure I've seen them, but they might have come from my sim's aspiration(Nerd Brain). Go ahead and buy the rocket and set it up, since that's a prerequisite for even doing the career at all.

Quote:
2. If sims are creative does that mean that they are better at woodworking?

I'm not sure. I know that handiness glows when focused, so "genius" might be a better pick, but only if the sim is going to have some "mental" hobbies...pretty sure woodworking doesn't count to avoid the debuff that trait gives. I can't swear that focused helps the quality of woodworked items though.

Quote: Originally posted by PSDuckie
Since this is Gen1, am I allowed to just use CAS to move them into the same house, since they knew each other beforehand? And what am I supposed to do about Johnny's skills? He starts with a level 2 in Comedy and I rolled Freelance Comedian, so should I just cheat them away?

That sounds fine to me, it's certainly within the spirit of the rules as gen 1 couples are allowed to start off together. Just cheat all of his skills down to 1, yes, and get rid of any money he brings with him.

My sims blog
Currently playing: Katran Random Legacy
Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 7:28 PM
Oh ok thank you, I completely forgot that woodworking is connected to the handiness skill!
Test Subject
#78 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 12:41 AM
I've already restarted this game when I realized that you can start the game with the Founder's spouse in the household.

If I understand my parameters correctly, Nathalie has to have five children with five different partners. In that case, it would help if I don't have to spend time getting the first one to move in.

Quote: Originally posted by geohawk
A - Marital Status (13 - Couple)
B - Children (10 - 5 children)
D[1] - Spousal Career (6 - Unconventional Career)
C2 - (3 - Freelance Musician)
E - Generation Goals (7 - Deadbeat Parents)
F - Fun (9 - Half Siblings - each child must have a different parent)

I'm not sure I understand one concept. Spouse #1 ("Zeke") has the angler aspiration. He's going to be gone well before he gets close to meeting that aspiration. If I understand the rules of the challenge correctly, he is only allowed to make money from his music and we can't sell the fish. Right?
Instructor
Original Poster
#79 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 2:47 AM
If I understand my parameters correctly, Nathalie has to have five children with five different partners. In that case, it would help if I don't have to spend time getting the first one to move in.

Indeed. Also, note that you don't technically have to move each partner in. The parameters just say that the children have to have 5 different sperm/egg donors(depending on the sex of your heir), or be adopted under 5 different "sets" of parents(in this case they would have to be moved in). A generation where you had your sim cheat on their husband with 4 other guys would be entirely valid.

I'm not sure I understand one concept. Spouse #1 ("Zeke") has the angler aspiration. He's going to be gone well before he gets close to meeting that aspiration. If I understand the rules of the challenge correctly, he is only allowed to make money from his music and we can't sell the fish. Right?

Correct. You can change the aspiration of moved-in sims immediately upon move-in if it's something incompatible with your rolls(or you just don't like it for the story), but if you choose to keep it you can't make money with it.

My sims blog
Currently playing: Katran Random Legacy
Instructor
#80 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 7:42 AM
Looking for another Random Legacy Challenge to read? Well, look no further!

I've started posting mine over at my Simblr, here .

Meet Robert Kane (cookies if you get the reference), my legacy founder.
He's Mean, Gloomy and a Genius who aspires to have a "Nerd Brain".
His hobbies thus far consist of playing sims, browsing the web, trolling forums and going to be in the wee hours of the morning. Basically, my kind of person!

The Challenge parameters are as follows:
A) Marital Status: Couple
B) Number of Children: 3
C) Primary Career: Criminal (Oracle)
D) Secondary Career: Freelance Author
E) Generational Goals: Expansionist (which is great for a first generation, considering the shack he's living in right now).
F) Misc. Fun: Fighter
Instructor
#81 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 3:35 AM
This is my second attempt at a legacy. The first was a few years ago and didn't make it beyond the first gen. I think I'm a little ADHD when it comes to simming.

At any rate:
Marital Status: Couple
Number of Children: 2
Primary Career: Secret Agent (Diamond)
Secondary Career: Cybercriminal
Generational Goals: Deadbeat Parents
Misc Fun: Gourmet Meals
Succession: Random

A few questions:
Since my succession is random, when do I roll to determine the heir?
Are there rules for choosing children's traits?
When do I roll to find out what the next generation will bring?
Will this thread be moved to the Challenges area so it's easier to find?

Thanks
Test Subject
#82 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 1:22 AM
I can hazard a few guesses, but I am pretty new at this myself.

Quote: Originally posted by esmesqualor

A few questions:
Are there rules for choosing children's traits?
When do I roll to find out what the next generation will bring?
Will this thread be moved to the Challenges area so it's easier to find?

Thanks

• With random succession, you should wait until your second child is born, in case you have twins.
  • You may choose your own children's traits as you see fit, unless you rolled the "Random" or "Runs in the Family" Misc. Fun parameter for this generation.
  • Some people roll for the new generation as soon as it starts being born.
  • I am not forum savvy enough to answer that one.

Good luck!
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 2:11 AM Last edited by KariMinger : 7th Oct 2014 at 4:15 AM.
Oh. Wow. So I started using these dice rolls at the second generation. Right now, my third gen heir is halfway through kid stage. I just rolled to determine what she'll be living under, and it's a doozy. I'm really glad this is the third generation and not the first.

My heir:
Peyton Goth, will be goofball/music lover/romantic (this last is going to be to my advantage)
Child asp: Whiz Kid, she's at 3/4. Adult asp: Computer Whiz

My rolls:
Single (though I'll still have mom, dad, & aunt in the house until they top their careers to complete their gen's challenge)
5 pregnancies (because I'm rolling for pregnancies, not babies, for maximum madness potential)
Unconventional career - professional hostess (I guess we know how she'll get her baby daddies)
Perfect children (which means a minimum of five perfect kids. UGH)
Partier - one party every week (so I guess I can't say forget it and just live off the 100k in the hopper)

I pick heir by firstborn girl who has the Family Oriented aspiration (most logical for a legacy) or firstborn girl if none of them have it. For the first time, I've got my fingers crossed for a late-born heir.
Field Researcher
#84 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 4:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by esmesqualor

One tactic I read of - every time a baby is born, re roll for heir. Put all your childrens names into something like random.com each time a baby is born and it will select an heir for you.

Check out The Moore Legacy, a Sims4 legacy blog.
Also - Stranded on Sixam Challenge... Can your sim live long-term on an alien planet?
Instructor
#85 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 2:03 AM
...[*]With random succession, you should wait until your second child is born, in case you have twins...

You cursed me. My second 'child' ended up being twins.

I... I ... don't have to get rid of her or anything, right?
Instructor
#86 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 8:56 AM
Ok, this is kinda exciting. Here we go...

Marital Status: Full House (already a challenge for me!)
Number of Children: 4 (ridiculous!)
Primary Career: Freelance Author
Secondary Careers:
Helper 1: Secret Agent(Diamond Agent)
Helper 2: Space Explorer
Helper 3: Freelance Author
Generation Goals Perfect Children (got 'Change of Scenery' at first. Thankfully I'm only gen1. I was about to die when I read that!)
Miscellaneous Fun: Partier

My luck didn't go easy on me for my first time doing this.

Let me know if I'm doing something wrong! I don't think I am, however. I'll have to start this tomorrow.
Test Subject
#87 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 7:42 PM
Okay, I'm going to try to this woo. This'll be my first random legacy pretty much so lets see how this goes lol
I rolled;
Single with help
3 Children
Secret Agent
Freelance Programer
Friendship is forever
and, Mischief managed

My only question so far is do I have to adopt for all the kids? Or just no lovers can move into the house?
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 7:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zoeycuddly183

My only question so far is do I have to adopt for all the kids? Or just no lovers can move into the house?

The second option. You can have a partner living with your sim for the first baby up until a maximum of 24hs after baby birth. After that you have to make him disappear. Either by divorce, separation, death etc......The two other children you can either gain by adoption or the "normal" way, as long as your partners do not move in to help raising your children.

My Legacies:
Granite RLC
Instructor
#89 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 3:02 AM
Woot! My first heir, Bert Macklin, just made it to Double Diamond Agent. His wife, Nesta, has been emptying various bank accounts and hacking various servers, all while keeping the place clean, repairing broken everything, and serving gourmet dinners. She doesn't get out much. In fact, I don't think she's gone beyond the front porch in over a Sim-week.

The children have been doing fine with Bert and Nesta's hands-off approach to parenting. Renaldo has started his first collection of short stories. The twins, Winston and Persephone, are partners in crime and that is very cute.
Test Subject
#90 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 3:05 AM
how is everyone going with this challenge?
Test Subject
#91 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 6:44 PM
I started a random legacy a few weeks ago but one of the parameters was so annoying for me (it was the moody thing), I couldn't make the sim stay in the mood long enough and I was kinda mad afterwards. I stopped playing with my family .. And now I'm starting a new one. The parameters seem hard (all I ever seem to get are unconventional careers and lots of children), but I don't think I'll have any problem with the challenges ! It seems really fun.

So I have :

Couple
4 children
Main profession : Carpenter
Secondary : Freelance musician
Midlife Crisis
Hands Off

Let's see how it goes !
Test Subject
#92 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 10:02 PM
Hey guys!

I love the Random Legacy Challenge, but hate rolling dice. My husband sat down and created a roller for me - check it out! There is a spot for comments or suggestions. It's directly following the rules here, but let us know if something isn't working correctly. All necessary re-rolls should be built in, except for ones that we have no way of checking (like which generation it is).

Enjoy!

http://randomlegacy.com/

P.S. If you hit 'Roll Summary' at the top it makes an easy way to copy and paste your generation summary!
Test Subject
#93 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 10:40 PM
I am so doing this. I very much enjoyed the sims 3 version.

Annnddd....my roll looks quite difficult.

Marital Status: Mixed Couple
Number of Children: 5
Primary Career: Treasure Hunter
Secondary Career: Freelance Musician
Generational Goal: Idle Careers
Miscellaneous Fun: My Precious
Test Subject
#94 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 11:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Stplaz
I am so doing this. I very much enjoyed the sims 3 version.

Annnddd....my roll looks quite difficult.

Marital Status: Mixed Couple
Number of Children: 5
Primary Career: Treasure Hunter
Secondary Career: Freelance Musician
Generational Goal: Idle Careers
Miscellaneous Fun: My Precious

Hi Stplaz! Did you get this from randomlegacy.com? If so, that would make you the first! I'm Coreina's husband. I'd love to know if it worked well for you. Please let me know if you have any ideas for making it better too. Thanks!
Test Subject
#95 Old 13th Oct 2014 at 12:31 AM
My sim is a Musical genius(aspiration),relationship(relationship status),1 child(kids),conventional career(career),dependable(gen. goal),runs in the family(misc.fun)
Test Subject
#96 Old 13th Oct 2014 at 2:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by goodhanded
Hi Stplaz! Did you get this from randomlegacy.com? If so, that would make you the first! I'm Coreina's husband. I'd love to know if it worked well for you. Please let me know if you have any ideas for making it better too. Thanks!

I did! It worked very well for me. Thank you for putting it together. The only tiny hitch I ran into was if you roll a generational goal of midlife crisis, (also then rolling the goal specifics) and then reroll everything, the midlife crisis specific goals still show up under the new generational goal in the summary, no matter what the new gg happens to be.
Test Subject
#97 Old 13th Oct 2014 at 5:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Stplaz
I did! It worked very well for me. Thank you for putting it together. The only tiny hitch I ran into was if you roll a generational goal of midlife crisis, (also then rolling the goal specifics) and then reroll everything, the midlife crisis specific goals still show up under the new generational goal in the summary, no matter what the new gg happens to be.

Thanks for pointing this out! It's fixed now.
Test Subject
#98 Old 13th Oct 2014 at 6:30 PM
Hey! Trying the random legacy for Sims 4 now after a rather long (forced) hiatus... My old computer had a meltdown.

Anyhow, I'm on my first gen of my first try & had an observation: I see that the collectable prints from the observatory are not included anywhere & the microscope slides are not either. Knowing full well that I cannot sell them as a space explorer/artist family I figured I'd suggest new unconventional careers based on those, or perhaps put them into existing ones? I think they could be careers on their own since both can be worth quite a bit & it doesn't take long to acquire them. (Less time than making money as a space explorer... My heir is nearly to full adult with no money made so far. Thank goodness for painting!)
Test Subject
#99 Old 13th Oct 2014 at 6:47 PM
Can anyone elaborate on the "Moody" challenge under Miscellaneous fun?
4: Moody - Once a week, your heir and spouse(if applicable) must spend at least 3 consecutive hours in a certain mood, randomly chosen from the following list: inspired, happy, angry, embarrassed, playful, flirty, sad, bored, dazed, confident, focused, tense, uncomfortable. Heir and spouse may have different required moods.

I'm just not sure how to determine the mood that my player must be... and does it have to be the same each time? For example, do I pick a mood, like 'confident' and then make sure they have it for 3 hours at a time each week?
Test Subject
#100 Old 13th Oct 2014 at 8:53 PM Last edited by colacola : 14th Oct 2014 at 3:52 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by tigger89
Babies for everyone: There's two problems here. First, the elder pregnancy option, for obvious reasons, though this feature can simply not be used. There's also the chance to get both partners pregnant at the same time, essentially doubling-up the pregnancies, allowing you to have twice the babies in the same amount of time, which is a clear advantage. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be able to be turned off in this version of the mod, and there's also no way I know of to abort a pregnancy at this point. If either of those things get fixed(ability to turn it off in the mod or a mod or cheat code that allows pregnancies to be ended), then this mod would be okay as long as you don't use it to have partners impregnate each other at the same time.
A very simple soultion to this as long as it is not fixed would be moving out one of the "twice the number" babies as soon as they age up into children. This way, it would be rather a disadvantage, as you have to care for two babies but only get to keep one child. Edit: Of course the extra child would not count towards the number of required children, and hence, for easy play, could also be aged up instantly and either deleted or moved out.

Quote: Originally posted by Coreina
Can anyone elaborate on the "Moody" challenge under Miscellaneous fun?
4: Moody - Once a week, your heir and spouse(if applicable) must spend at least 3 consecutive hours in a certain mood, randomly chosen from the following list: inspired, happy, angry, embarrassed, playful, flirty, sad, bored, dazed, confident, focused, tense, uncomfortable. Heir and spouse may have different required moods.

I'm just not sure how to determine the mood that my player must be... and does it have to be the same each time? For example, do I pick a mood, like 'confident' and then make sure they have it for 3 hours at a time each week?

The way I understand it, you can roll a random number from 1 to 13 (as there are 13 moods) to determine which mood of the list it is, one time for each heir and spouse; they do not have to be in the moods as the same time as the moods can also differ.

By the way, love this Challenge.
Page 4 of 26