Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Oct 2021 at 8:47 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Some .Sims3Pack files won't open with launcher
Most of the time when I double click .Sims3Pack files they open in the launcher. But now and again, I get files that don't work. I've definitely had this issue with world files, can't remember if I've seen it with any other files. For example, today I was trying to install some new custom worlds. I tried Mermaidia, Fratres and Entworld each individually. I have them downloaded in .Sims3Pack form. When I double click any of these files, the launcher will open and the navigation buttons on the left become kind of greyed out and I can't do anything else with the launcher. If I click and hold the Sims 3 icon in the navigation bar to view all windows, there's kind of a "ghost" window. (See attached image) As if the installer window wanted to open up but couldn't? Anyone know why these files won't open? I've installed other custom worlds just fine, but this seems to happen with certain files.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Oct 2021 at 10:33 PM
I moved them into the Downloads folder and then was able to install through the launcher from there. Thanks for the easy fix! I was really excited to explore Fratres and was so disappointed when the file wouldn't work.