Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Apr 2022 at 3:37 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Some of the files I download from the site download as PDFs and I can't figure out how to convert them to downloadable files
So I must have done something wrong in the past when downloading content for The Sims 3 because some of the files I download don't show up as files I can upload to the game and instead they download as PDF files. I don't know how to fix this and I need help. I'm sorry, I'm a newbie at this sort of thing and really need help. Thanks in advance! :lovestruc
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 3rd Apr 2022 at 3:52 PM
What is the file extension of the items? The icon just shows the program that is associated with the filetype, not the filetype itself.
Inventor
#3 Old 3rd Apr 2022 at 5:23 PM
Here is a fix for this.
So try this. Right Click on one of PDFs that should be a package. For this process you will need S3PE So Right Click > Open with
then if it doesn't show S3PE look for it and select it.
Sorry I wanted to update this because I meant to say don't check the box that says always open with or else it will always open a .package as a PDF
Inventor
#4 Old 3rd Apr 2022 at 5:28 PM
after you do the above steps
Then click on it and do the same thing but now select S3PE again and select the always open with after doing it the first time. Didn't want to double post but here we are because posting from my phone with buttons I can't see
Mad Poster
#5 Old 3rd Apr 2022 at 10:49 PM
Even if the file association is pdf though, the file itself is still a package filetype inside. The file icon may look a little silly to the player/user, but it should still work just the same either way as the game doesn't care about file associations. File associations are just a convenience (or inconvenience, as the case may be) and are set by Windows or the macOS, not the nature of the files themselves.
Inventor
#6 Old 3rd Apr 2022 at 11:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Even if the file association is pdf though, the file itself is still a package filetype inside. The file icon may look a little silly to the player/user, but it should still work just the same either way as the game doesn't care about file associations. File associations are just a convenience (or inconvenience, as the case may be) and are set by Windows or the macOS, not the nature of the files themselves.

That is very true. I deal with this more than I should with my coworkers and fixing this issue but something happened recently where (I think a windows update) starting turning files into PDF looking files even though they weren't technically changed to PDFs. One coworker it was turning everything to show HTML. I wonder sometimes what they do behind the scenes lol. Actually I do..Fix one bug and create another. Job Security unintentional.

Those who don't deal with this might be frightened when they see it with understanding.