Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jun 2022 at 11:26 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Households and some Lots won't show when installed with CC Magic
Very seasoned user of CC and TS3 in general (been here for over 15 years now!), and used CC Magic quite a bit for years now. Finally trying to get all (well, most) of my content into it for organisaion.

I can't get a single Household to show up in the bin in either sims3pack or package. Literally none are working. Most lots work, but some don't. These are mostly old lots/households I made over a decade ago with no CC and work fine otherwise. Does anyone have any suggestions? I've tried basically everything that I know of: everything is in its correct location (other CC is working as are some Lots with no discernable pattern), the sets are enabled under 'Configuration', launching with the "Play' button, clearing caches and, yes, I clicked 'Rebuild' . I even started with a totally fresh Sims 3 folder.

I'm at a complete loss, eveywhere I can see says there should be no problem putting Lots and Households in, so I don't understand. Does anyone have any kind of thought or suggestion?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 15th Jun 2022 at 3:10 PM
I might be wrong, someone correct me if I am, but I don't think you can install households, sims or houses through CC magic, if that is what you're trying? I think it's only for the CC that goes specifically in the mods folder and those don't.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 15th Jun 2022 at 3:37 PM
Lots and household package files go into the Library folder.
CCMagic doesn't deal with that. If you install lots as sims3packs from the Download folder, that should work with CCMagic. Although it never seemed to work well with CC lots if I remember correctly.
I suggest to extract them and put them manually in the Library folder. Instructions here: How to install Lots without the Launcher
Actual household families (package files that start with ebf_ ) will not and you need to put them/leave them in your Library folder.
Instructor
#4 Old 15th Jun 2022 at 4:57 PM
You'll need to get Delphy’s Sims3Pack Multi Extracted if you want to turn sims3pack to package files and install them without launcher.

https://modthesims.info/d/364038/de...-sept-2009.html

After you've run your households or lots to packages, put them into your library folder. If those lots or households have custom contents, you may need to check them first with S3PE to identify which one is the lot or household (Delphy's usually convert sims3pack to package with gibberish numbers), then put them into your library, merge the custom contents and put the CC into your mods folder.

Also household and lot packages cannot be merged into a single one, so do not install them with CCMagic.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Jun 2022 at 12:35 PM
Thanks for the responses. I was actually wrong about Lots and they all seem to be installing fine in both package and S3P format, I was basing that part off a memory so my bad. I'm not sure why it's such a commonly held belief that CC can't/shouldn't deal with those because the official docs and my experience suggests otherwise. Households definitely aren't working but, again, I've seen official sources say they do work, so that's disappointing, but I can live with it.

It seems that CC is able to install Lots into the library folder as their files appear there whenever I add a new lot and rebuild. I don't have many households nor do I download them so I can live with manually managing those. I just hate the damn launcher so much!