Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

*2007 Update*Animated/Functional Value Vending Machine! (Chips, coke, & more)

by pacotacoplayer Posted 7th Oct 2006 at 2:37 AM - Updated 19th Mar 2009 at 1:54 PM by -Maylin-

200 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 183 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 9
Field Researcher
#101 Old 15th Oct 2006 at 7:17 PM Last edited by happygolucky : 15th Oct 2006 at 8:56 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by pacotacoplayer
Quote: Originally posted by magicmoon
Is there any way to get the cleanbots to recognize the used cans? The sims insist on putting them on the floor when done and the employee lounge is littered with used cans. I put a cleanbot in the room for the express purpose of cleaning up after these sims, but it doesn't "see" the cans on the floor.

Sims are pigs. We all have to learn to deal with it

My sims aren't pigs.. they're neat freaks. But if they drink coffee.. there are cups all over the place! So I take it that ..the coke part of this machine must have the same effect as the coffee.

Quote: Originally posted by pacotacoplayer
Okay, then I guess I will have to post the new GUID-ed version. Give me 'till tommorow. But like I said, if y'all want the other one to work properly then change its GUID *for the ones who knw how*

Thanks! I love both the coke machine and the vending machine... and would like to have them both. And that is the reason you asked for 'testers'. So that you can 'fix' it if there are problems... Right? :D
Test Subject
#102 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 12:33 AM
First off let me start out by saying that this vending machine is awesome! It looks great and works great too. Next, I would like to also ask if you could fix it so that your awesome-looking coke machine will also show up in the game.

About changing guid numbers: I haven't the foggiest clue how to go about doing that, although I did open it up in SimPE and gave it a shot. Changed a couple of numbers around and...nothing. I still see two of these machines instead of a coke machine. Yes... I'm one of the DUMMIES in the crowd that comes here to download cool stuff because I can't make it myself ...lol

Hell, I'd go in and change it myself for real if my search had led me to a tutorial for dummies!

Thanks again for making such cool objects!
Lab Assistant
#103 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 5:29 AM
OMFG!!! This is frigging amazing! Great work & Keep it up!!! :D
Test Subject
#104 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 12:59 AM
Default vending machine
Thanks, TS2 really needs this expecially for Uni and NL expansion packs.
Lab Assistant
#105 Old 25th Oct 2006 at 12:41 AM
I've been wanting one of these for such a long time. Thank you so much for making sharing such an awesome creation.
Test Subject
#106 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 11:22 PM
I love it! Thanks for sharing!

-
Lab Assistant
#107 Old 1st Nov 2006 at 12:28 AM
wow this is cool,lol your Food Mods are making hungry thanks for sharing
Test Subject
#108 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 5:40 AM
Default Great job!
hello. i'm new to downloading and using custom content on my gameplay. and i think this vending machine is a very good addition to the university that i'm making. i can't wait to test it.

thanks for this great creation.
Lab Assistant
#109 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 9:55 AM
This is awesome thanks so much for sharing pacotacoplayer. It looks great and works great, the only thing is I have placed it on several of my sim owned community lots in OFB and although the owner uses it just fine, none of their customers seem to bother with it. The whole idea was for the customer to use it, I am not bothered about the owner making a profit just the customers able to use it and fill their needs.
The other thing that was a little annoying but funny really, was when I first told my sim to buy doritos, I automatically thought Oh Gosh I have no bin for the rubbish rushed and bought one only to find that they wash up the dorito bag, funny!!!!
Same goes for the energy drink.
I know it sounds like I am being picky here, when I am not really, it just looks ODD!!!
Once again thanks it really is SUPERB, you are so talented.

Proud Member of TSR and Featured Artist at Crystal Clear Sims.
Test Subject
#110 Old 14th Nov 2006 at 12:07 AM
Paco is my favorite person!
Lab Assistant
#111 Old 14th Nov 2006 at 2:50 PM
thank you much.
Test Subject
#112 Old 15th Nov 2006 at 10:22 PM
It has been over a month since you posted this object and in your tilte it does say "testers wanted", are you ever going to do something about the problems with the object... I'm not going to go over the problems again, they've been pointed out many times...

Maybe you could point us to some tutorials, so we could fix the problems ourselves.... i've figured out on my own how to fix the GUID problem, but i wouldn't know how to fix some of the other issues.

Thanks
Test Subject
#113 Old 16th Nov 2006 at 1:41 AM
Wow. This is so cool!

You get a thanks!

You should make more vending machines. Like the kinds that have bottles of pepsi and stuff on them. Or fridges like in eht MiniMarts!

Anyways...you. my friend have skill/talent!

~GO CLASS OF 2009!!!~
Lab Assistant
#114 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 6:25 AM
hey has any one noticed that if u pay 5 bucks for something at the vending machine and then tell ur sim to stop driking/eating it and he puts it down you can go in to buy mode and sell the packet/can for $50
Field Researcher
#115 Old 21st Nov 2006 at 1:19 PM
This is a really great hack! Might I be so bold as to ask how you managed to separate the sound from the animation. I've been trying to accomplish this feat for as long as I can remember!
Lab Assistant
#116 Old 22nd Nov 2006 at 11:12 AM
I did ask before but nobody replied.
In my game only the controllable sim uses this and I would like all the sims to use this is this possible?
I think it is awesome but would like all my simmies to use it.

Proud Member of TSR and Featured Artist at Crystal Clear Sims.
Test Subject
#117 Old 22nd Nov 2006 at 7:42 PM
wow!! this is so cool!! thanx!! ur awesome :D
Lab Assistant
#118 Old 2nd Dec 2006 at 7:13 PM
Can anyone tell us how to change the guid on this one so it doesn't replace the original Coke machine? I would love to have both working in my game.

Thanks in advance.
shiny!
retired moderator
#119 Old 13th Dec 2006 at 3:12 AM
This overrides your coke machine. It would be great if we could have both..
Test Subject
#120 Old 19th Dec 2006 at 9:56 PM
this rocks

keep trying harder
Lab Assistant
#121 Old 24th Dec 2006 at 2:36 AM
AWESOME!!

That said, rather than grouping all 4 items into one machine, do this:

1) have 1 machine for food items (and add some things other than chips & cookies...M&M's perhaps?)
2) have a separate machine for Coke/Sprite/Dr. Pepper/etc.
3) have another separate machine for the energy drink (you could also throw in a few different kinds of energy drinks for variety if you are so inclined).

Well, anywho, nice job, keep up the excellent work.
Lab Assistant
#122 Old 28th Dec 2006 at 1:26 AM
Two questions:

1. Will sims use the vending machine autonomously?
2. If the vending machine is on an business lot, will customers use it and if so, does the lot owner get paid?

"We don't quit playing because we grow old; we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Feel free to PM me with any lot requests. I've mostly done house trailers in the past.
Lab Assistant
#123 Old 31st Dec 2006 at 12:35 AM Last edited by Blooplie : 31st Dec 2006 at 2:43 AM. Reason: changed to a thanks post
This is just what i have been looking for..but the file is corrupted. I can't extract it..Oops..never mind..i worked it out..thanks for a great object.
Field Researcher
#124 Old 31st Dec 2006 at 7:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dadditude
Two questions:

1. Will Sims use the vending machine autonomously?
2. If the vending machine is on an business lot, will customers use it and if so, does the lot owner get paid?

1. In my experience with this item, no one will use the machine autonomously

2. Business customers will not use it either.

I keep one machine in the employee lounge for the Red Bull quick energy pick-up. But only those Sims that are under your control can use it, not the rest of your employees. The manager can use it because the game puts managers under your control.

Running: Sims2, Uni, NL, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT & AL. Patched.
Field Researcher
#125 Old 1st Jan 2007 at 11:27 AM
Wow, great job! This is really cool! Thanks a lot!
Page 5 of 9